1. #1
    SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-10-15
    Posts: 3,900
    Betpoints: 1761

    Indian Casino in San Diego Opening May 18th

    https://www.10news.com/news/coronavi...rus-newsletter

    Viejas casino in Alpine will re-open May 18th. Guest required to wear masks and get temperature checked at entry.
    The interesting kicker is they are closing from 3am to 7am for deep cleaning.... wonder how that will play out...

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  2. #2
    JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-21-10
    Posts: 18,082
    Betpoints: 10768

    That's too far for me still. I prefer Pala, Pachanga, and Valley View.

  3. #3
    SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-10-15
    Posts: 3,900
    Betpoints: 1761

    Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    That's too far for me still. I prefer Pala, Pachanga, and Valley View.
    Pala and Pachange are nicer. Although I haven't been to Viejas since they added the hotel to see what it looks like.

    You in the orange county or riverside county area?

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #4
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,813
    Betpoints: 859

    slow but some starting to open

  5. #5
    KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-19
    Posts: 7,281
    Betpoints: 179

    Appreciate the first info. I know where Iíll be using my PTO next week

  6. #6
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 18,386
    Betpoints: 564

    Indian casinos in upstate NY need to open. These counties have had very few new infections recently and zero new hospitalizations.

    Cuomo needs to do regional reopening

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/16/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  7. #7
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,109
    Betpoints: 11193

    casinos are worthless without sports betting, moving on
    Points Awarded:

    beefcake gave lonegambler23 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  8. #8
    Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-23-14
    Posts: 1,234
    Betpoints: 3235

    Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    That's too far for me still. I prefer Pala, Pachanga, and Valley View.
    Like Valley View myself. Last time I drove out there a few weeks before the Virus news started, i encountered two separate car accidents....the universe was giving me a warning.

  9. #9
    SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-10-15
    Posts: 3,900
    Betpoints: 1761

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    casinos are worthless without sports betting, moving on
    You're dumb and need to move on to a different planet

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10
    Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-09
    Posts: 13,324
    Betpoints: 12286

    Lmao

    More mask bullshit

    Probably wonít let you touch the cards either

  11. #11
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 9,015
    Betpoints: 3324

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    https://www.10news.com/news/coronavi...rus-newsletter

    Viejas casino in Alpine will re-open May 18th. Guest required to wear masks and get temperature checked at entry.
    The interesting kicker is they are closing from 3am to 7am for deep cleaning.... wonder how that will play out...
    Good to know. Thank you.
    Hopefully the Northern California ones start opening up.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021


  12. #12
    gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-04-06
    Posts: 6,118
    Betpoints: 1101

    The ones who open first will be able to remain solvent.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021


  13. #13
    thezbar
    .
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-06
    Posts: 6,258
    Betpoints: 7841

    The biggest issue could be the second hand smoke being recirculated through the air conditioning system.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  14. #14
    Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-09
    Posts: 13,324
    Betpoints: 12286

    Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    The biggest issue could be the second hand smoke being recirculated through the air conditioning system.
    how are people going to smoke when you're required to wear a mask?

  15. #15
    JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-21-10
    Posts: 18,082
    Betpoints: 10768

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Pala and Pachange are nicer. Although I haven't been to Viejas since they added the hotel to see what it looks like.

    You in the orange county or riverside county area?
    Riverside now but I work in San Diego

  16. #16
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    Waiting on Barona

  17. #17
    cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-08
    Posts: 6,539
    Betpoints: 2714

    anything specific you like about Barona?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  18. #18
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post

    anything specific you like about Barona?
    C/S is top notch

    Some of the better Indian Casino Restaurants

    put in a 3rd craps table right before lockdown

  19. #19
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,813
    Betpoints: 859

    Sammy maybe you will get some perks

  20. #20
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post


    Sammy maybe you will get some perks

    we get everything we ask for and stuff we dont ask for at Borona -- at least we did before the the lockdown

  21. #21
    7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,059
    Betpoints: 276

    Always been more of a Sycuan guy, but i'll probably make a Viejas trip now.

  22. #22
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 24,500
    Betpoints: 5078

    I live 10 minutes from Viejas and 15 minutes from Barona and Sycuan...looking forward to donating to the Indians again
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/18/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  23. #23
    thezbar
    .
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-06
    Posts: 6,258
    Betpoints: 7841

    I've visited all of them. Viejas and Sycuan were my favorites. I lived in San Diego from 2000 - 2003. I visited Pala the second day it was open. I was at Pauma the day card craps were introduced in California. Great blackjack rules at Pauma and Valley View back then.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  24. #24
    stevenash
    I AM NOT #IAMKVB
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 46,158
    Betpoints: 14365

    Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Cuomo needs to do regional reopening
    I thought I heard Cuomo say nothing is opening until June 26.
    Wasn't paying that close attention to that presser though.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  25. #25
    stevenash
    I AM NOT #IAMKVB
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 46,158
    Betpoints: 14365

    Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    I've visited all of them. Viejas and Sycuan were my favorites. I lived in San Diego from 2000 - 2003. I visited Pala the second day it was open. I was at Pauma the day card craps were introduced in California. Great blackjack rules at Pauma and Valley View back then.
    Most of the Indian casinos are 'card friendly' and give you a great game.
    I'm an hour away from Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, love them both, especially Mohegan Sun.
    Mohegan Sun was voted second best brick and mortar casino in the country and for good reason.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  26. #26
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 35,827
    Betpoints: 31

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    You're dumb and need to move on to a different planet
    Lol

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  27. #27
    SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-10-15
    Posts: 3,900
    Betpoints: 1761

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    we get everything we ask for and stuff we dont ask for at Borona -- at least we did before the the lockdown
    When I lived in SD, Barona was my favorite for the "San Diego" casinos. It was definitely the nicest. The hotel was better. Buffet was great. In the poker room they gave comp food without questioning it. For the Temecula region Pechanga and Pala are greeat.

    Been playing poker there since I was 16.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-23-14
    Posts: 1,234
    Betpoints: 3235

    Is it just me but it seems every time a plan for opening up businesses or opening up a state is announced, some so called study from Washington or somewhere that seems like a ridiculous worst case senario planning shows up claiming many thousands will be lost if we dont stay locked down.

  29. #29
    stevenash
    I AM NOT #IAMKVB
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 46,158
    Betpoints: 14365

    Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Is it just me but it seems every time a plan for opening up businesses or opening up a state is announced, some so called study from Washington or somewhere that seems like a ridiculous worst case senario planning shows up claiming many thousands will be lost if we dont stay locked down.
    I'm not notorious for seeing both sides of the coin, usually I have one opinion and I stick to it, however.......

    I see the business end of it where the owners (bosses, powers that be, etc. etc.) want and need to be open and in a sense you can't blame them, and yet on the other side you have health officials and government types (what have you) trying to ensure this problem doesn't fester.

    My take?
    I would like to see a vaccine for this virus, but if you must open, be uber safe about it, do it in small waves, and closely monitor what's going on.

    Sorry if I sounded like Captain Wishy Washy there.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  30. #30
    Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-23-14
    Posts: 1,234
    Betpoints: 3235

    Lockdowns actually slow down the public immunity. Vaccines take a year or two of testing. You have to weigh the risk reward. Florida seemed to handle it well. Social distancing didn't help Debi Mazar (loved her in Goodfellows).

  31. #31
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,813
    Betpoints: 859

    Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Lockdowns actually slow down the public immunity. Vaccines take a year or two of testing. You have to weigh the risk reward. Florida seemed to handle it well. Social distancing didn't help Debi Mazar (loved her in Goodfellows).
    great point actually

  32. #32
    Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-23-14
    Posts: 1,234
    Betpoints: 3235

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    great point actually
    Oh so you think Debi was hot also?
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=debi%20maz...a=images&iai=2

  33. #33
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,813
    Betpoints: 859

    She is ok

    Only takes one joker to spread virus in a casino

  34. #34
    thezbar
    .
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-06
    Posts: 6,258
    Betpoints: 7841

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    When I lived in SD, Barona was my favorite for the "San Diego" casinos. It was definitely the nicest. The hotel was better. Buffet was great. In the poker room they gave comp food without questioning it. For the Temecula region Pechanga and Pala are greeat.

    Been playing poker there since I was 16.
    The first time I drove to Barona I freaked out observing the crosses on the side of the winding road there. That road was just to dangerous for me. Sycuan and Pala's roads are no picnic either.
    I agree the all things considered Barona is the best .

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  35. #35
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,813
    Betpoints: 859

    We will see a spike and hopefully not too bad

    God Bless

12 Last
Top