dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

The problem is these companies have them by the balls.If this was nipped in the bud earlier they had a shot.This country needs to take after Germany.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    they're pissed off that all their friends are making more $$$ on unemployment

busting your ass for $500/week while your buddy is making $800/week doing nothing, hmmmm

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Eat the rich

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

great time to get a job if you couldnt before covid. massachusetts minimum wage is 14 i think but most pay more. aldi starts at 14.70 around here. not trying to be a dick but that is good money for unskilled labor. if you took the minimum wage from 1980 in todays dollars it would just be over 10bucks. housing is the real bitch for them, gotta have like 3 roommates.

uber is laying off 20% of its workforce so stawks should be up tomorrow. what a country

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

I work for the post office and I didnt get shit extra pay or anything. Only thing I'm getting is Christmas-like package volume.

Some of these ppl on unemployment are making more than me. Not to mention I'm at a higher risk for catching the virus compared to someone who gets paid to sit at home.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    $680/week is either less or barely more than unemployment in some places.
    I'm sure they are working overtime. Unless they don't do that. 40 hours is not shit. You can't build anything working 40 hrs max.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

i agree, give the hazard pay that list should include ups and usps

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    great time to get a job if you couldnt before covid. massachusetts minimum wage is 14 i think but most pay more. aldi starts at 14.70 around here. not trying to be a dick but that is good money for unskilled labor. if you took the minimum wage from 1980 in todays dollars it would just be over 10bucks. housing is the real bitch for them, gotta have like 3 roommates.

uber is laying off 20% of its workforce so stawks should be up tomorrow. what a country
    Why can't people just continue living with their parents? I don't understand our propensity to leave the roost as soon as we're adults. Help your parents pay off their home, because it will most likely be passed to you anyway. It makes more sense than getting roommates imo.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    I work for the post office and I didnt get shit extra pay or anything. Only thing I'm getting is Christmas-like package volume.

Some of these ppl on unemployment are making more than me. Not to mention I'm at a higher risk for catching the virus compared to someone who gets paid to sit at home.
    still have no idea how we havent gotten hazard pay yet. so many imbeciles out there getting close to us or talking. yet masks arent even mandatory in the office. whole place is straight laughable

teecee

I'm getting ~110% of what I normally earn. I'd rather go back to work and have things return to normal. I'm concerned about the sustainability of this type of subsidy.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

lets be honest protesting does nothing

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    How dumb to you have to be not to quit?

You can still go on unemployment by quitting and saying you were afraid.

If only Brock could have held on to his driving gig for a few more months he would have been in a position to have life clocked once again.

$850/wk in FREE government cash for 39 weeks
    The extra money is not for 39 weeks. And pretty soon the regular rules will come back and you need to prove you are looking for work.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    These folks did not get a bump in wages? My daughter works for Kroger (grocery) and got 4 dollars more an hour.
    Was that a percentage or everyone across the board got a $4 bump?

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Was that a percentage or everyone across the board got a $4 bump?
    I only know what she got. I did not ask what others got.

Forgot to mention that Kroger employees are part of a union.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Food workers should’ve got a raise though who are we kidding

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

True but no hospitalization pension annuity etc.and if something happens you are building up your unemployment for down road

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Maybe the low lifes out protesting can apply for these jobs now. Oh nevermind, they dont want to work,

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Maybe the low lifes out protesting can apply for these jobs now. Oh nevermind, they dont want to work,
    They already have jobs.... That's why they're protesting..

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

The grocery stores aren't running any sales, food is more expensive than before and they're selling out on a daily basis and sometimes twice a day. They are making the most revenue they've ever made and they can't afford to pay a little more to their staff?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    They already have jobs.... That's why they're protesting..
    They can pick up a second part time job while they wait. They are just being lazy acting like they want to work. Jobs are out there.

First 12