blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20709

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    If somehow, someway, every single person stayed home, and the virus eventually had no more bodies to latch onto, would the virus eventually go away, or can it live permanently in water, plants, etc, therefore not going anywhere?

Anyone know the answer to this?
    yes, 4 days for sure 10 days

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

I can't imagine what it would be if the western world engage in a real war against China or Russia or North Korea, this p ussy generation would let those f uckers get to their doors in fear of losing their useless and insignificant lives.

What you don't seem to understand is that the poverty derived of this pandemic will cause more deaths and more suffering than the pandemic itself

It's pathetic that in the 21 century we are are being controlled with a fear mongering own of the middle age

blackbart

compare total deaths by month year over year, taking all arguments over who died of what out of the discussion,
    i think april 2020 has way more death's than any other recent year
    {april aint over}

blackbart

But the question remains: will total deaths increase substantially compared to April 2019 or April 2018? If they don't, this will call into question whether or not COVID-19 is the engine of mortality that many government bureaucrats insist it is. After all, if April's mortality remains "about the same" as the usual total and comes in around 230,000–235,000, then obsessive concern over COVID-19 would be justified only if it can be proven April 2020 deaths would have plummeted year-over-year had it not been for COVID-19.

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    What you don't seem to understand is that the poverty derived of this pandemic will cause more deaths and more suffering than the pandemic itself.
    It's pathetic that in the 21 century we are are being controlled with a fear mongering own of the middle age
    I see your point and certainly agree it has some merit,
    but the context is (unintentionally) misleading.

For one it's speculation now about a future result. I submit such a thing with so
    many interactive variables makes it truly unknowable even a year from now.
    Measuring and quantifying "suffering" is far too subjective.
    At best, very broad estimates might be plausible, perhaps.
    Furthermore, the alternative to tough mitigation measures (ostensibly what causes
    the increase in poverty) is to have no mitigation measures (other than perhaps a mask)
    ...and how can we possibly know what THAT calamity would look like?!
    We know that even with tough mitigation measures in place to suppress the spread
    of this infectious disease - 40,000 Americans died in just the first 3 weeks of April plus
    lord only knows how many suffered 1 or 2 or 3 weeks of sickness at home (but didn't die) WITHOUT tough mitigation measures in place - and the virus free to spread rapidly
    through our communities - perhaps we would have had double or triple the number of
    casualties in the same 3 week period!! It's certainly plausible!
    And we are only in the second inning of the ball game!! Loooooooong way to go.
    Allowed to spread, ultimately after a full year, we might've seen seen well over a
    MILLION deaths PLUS all the suffering from illness by those who got sick but lived.
    Let alone that MANY who get sick don't get sick leave from work. So they would
    still have to quarantine at home - away from their loved ones - and lose a paycheck.
    Single parents would have an especially tough time if they get sick.
    Somehow I don't see how stay at home orders - while most are getting stimulus
    checks - will result in more than 1,000,000 deaths PLUS many more than that who
    would suffer a bad flu for 1 to 3 weeks...

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    compare total deaths by month year over year, taking all arguments over who died of what out of the discussion,
    i think april 2020 has way more death's than any other recent year
    {april aint over}
    Agreed, though it would be intersting to see the numbers.

We must keep in mind however, that the shelter-at-home orders
    may be actually REDUCING certain deaths resulting from things like
    highway accidents, urban traffic accidents, workplace mishaps,
    stress/stroke/heart-attacks resulting from activities OUTSIDE
    the home...

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post
    Agreed, though it would be intersting to see the numbers.

We must keep in mind however, that the shelter-at-home orders
    may be actually REDUCING certain deaths resulting from things like
    highway accidents, urban traffic accidents, workplace mishaps,
    stress/stroke/heart-attacks resulting from activities OUTSIDE
    the home...
    "MAY be reducing traffic deaths"

of course it's reducing traffic deaths... less traffic = less accidents, that's pretty basic

the lockdowns are also INCREASING certain medical deaths because people keep waiting on surgeries, cancer treatments, tests, etc while all these "brave men and women" in our hospitals are fukking around doing choreographed dance routines on tik tok

really great that they have time to do dumbass selfish dance routines while people are denied surgeries and treatments

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/no-l...-in-weeks.html

Sweden didnt kill their economy and they aren't any worse off than anyone else. In fact, alot better than quite a few countries.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

democrats are so brainwashed it is mind boggling

im not a republican

im a trump supporter, which is actually down the middle...the media just made you idiots think he is ultra right

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    "MAY be reducing traffic deaths"

of course it's reducing traffic deaths... less traffic = less accidents, that's pretty basic

the lockdowns are also INCREASING certain medical deaths because people keep waiting on surgeries, cancer treatments, tests, etc while all these "brave men and women" in our hospitals are fukking around doing choreographed dance routines on tik tok

really great that they have time to do dumbass selfish dance routines while people are denied surgeries and treatments
    Suicides are also way up and I'm guessing that letting a bunch of criminals out of jail didn't help the murder rate either. There's two sides to every coin.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Some results out today suggesting 13.9% of NY state residents and 21% from NYC have been infected previously and have antibodies.

Not surprising.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Suicides are also way up and I'm guessing that letting a bunch of criminals out of jail didn't help the murder rate either. There's two sides to every coin.
    This has been my argument against. We'll never hear the stats on how many this worldwide lock down kills though which is sad. Add to to that the crippled economies and we've gone and killed a fly with a nuclear weapon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

Nearly All Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19 Had Chronic Health Issues, Study Finds
    Only 6 percent of patients at one New York area health system had no chronic conditions. Hypertension, obesity and diabetes were common.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/h...ents-risk.html

BIGGEST HOAX EVER

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    Nearly All Patients Hospitalized With Covid-19 Had Chronic Health Issues, Study Finds
    Only 6 percent of patients at one New York area health system had no chronic conditions. Hypertension, obesity and diabetes were common.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/h...ents-risk.html

BIGGEST HOAX EVER
    just the stress of those people with hypertension THINKING they had the coronavirus (whether they had it or not) probably resulted in a lot of them going to the hospital, and then being "diagnosed" as having the coronavirus even though a lot of positive cases weren't tested.

if i'm a hospital that gets $300 for every person that walks in the door WITHOUT coronavirus, and $13,000 for every person WITH coronavirus, i wonder which box i'm gonna check

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Rain Chains
    Rain Chains's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/nine...s-700-1.626907

4,572 crew members
    710 positive
    3,872 negative
    9 hospitalized
    1 death

All with members I close quarters. Tragedy on that 1 death, but far from as deadly as the media would have you believe.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    just the stress of those people with hypertension THINKING they had the coronavirus (whether they had it or not) probably resulted in a lot of them going to the hospital, and then being "diagnosed" as having the coronavirus even though a lot of positive cases weren't tested.

if i'm a hospital that gets $300 for every person that walks in the door WITHOUT coronavirus, and $13,000 for every person WITH coronavirus, i wonder which box i'm gonna check
    and just think mikey

they show up with all those sympoms so "diagnosed" it as you say

so they are put in with real coronavirus patients

then they do actually end up getting it being in a room full of coronavirus patients

just a bunch of clowns in NY
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

First ... 2345