milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    But again if you see my post above, it's too early to know the long-term effects of this virus

Nobody is gonna starve and it is not going to kill anyone to just stay home a little bit longer until we know for sure it's safe to move on
    bullshit

look at the miles-long lines for food in places like pennsylvania and vegas

if you want to hide under the bed because the media/government told you to, then hide under the bed

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i live in a canadian province similar in size to washington state....... 1 person under 60 died of CV. half the deaths are nursing homes

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    It’s all about gaining momentum and confidence come May 1st. The precautions to date I can live with considering the unknowns going into it. The damage to the economy has been done but there’s the damage to the mental psyche and way of life is still salvageable if things start getting back to normal May 1
    There is no magic switch on May 1. We ain't going back to "normal" any time soon.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The death rate is calculated based on closed cases.

Just because people tested are found with trace elements of LEFTOVER RNA doesn't mean they've had Covid19.

Anyone born before 1964 has trace elements of radioactive isotopes from atmospheric testing, yet they aren't radioactive themselves.

The tests are worthless and mean nothing.
    im pretty sure every human is radioactive.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bullshit

look at the miles-long lines for food in places like pennsylvania and vegas

if you want to hide under the bed because the media/government told you to, then hide under the bed

Most of those ppl are the same ones who always show up anytime there's free food being given away at churches or help centers, and don't even need it.

I've seen this personally too many times.

milwaukee mike

here's what we know so far

govt/media said nyc would need 100,000 beds... that changed to 10,000 beds
    wisconsin was gonna have 2,000 deaths... oh wait that's 200

everything was 90% bullshit from the start, and we're still supposed to believe the guys that intentionally exaggerated everything?

THE HOSPITALS ARE FUKKING EMPTY, WHAT DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT, REPEAT THAT AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

It’s all about gaining momentum and confidence come May 1st. The precautions to date I can live with considering the unknowns going into it. The damage to the economy has been done but there’s the damage to the mental psyche and way of life is still salvageable if things start getting back to normal May 1
    Lmao May 1? In what world are you living in?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i live in a canadian province similar in size to washington state....... 1 person under 60 died of CV. half the deaths are nursing homes
    but that's 1 person too many! might as well have another 30 million people on unemployment so we save 1 more life!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Mayor Breed in SF called for a Local emergency before there was even one case in Northern California. I work in the Hotel Industry and people started calling to cancel right after. Had to tell a lot people no refund for it because we followed the CDC and not a fake local emergency declaration
    Total hogwash ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

More people will die from a shut down economy, stress, suicide and domestic violence then Corona..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

According to mathematical statistics, the flu is more contagious, but Covid is more deadly:

I read that on the CDC site the other day.
    Made total sense.
    CDC is probably the ones I trust the most.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    More people will die from a shut down economy, stress, suicide and domestic violence then Corona..
    More than 1-2 million?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

For having to stay home for 2-3 months just until we learn more??

If that is the case jibs, then we are pathetic human beings and all deserve the virus

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Made total sense.
    Nonsense. Show me the CDC link that says that.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Nonsense. Show me the CDC link that says that.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-and-different

stevenash

The shut down economy, stress, suicide and domestic violence, etc. you mention more than likely is brought on by the CV19 indirectly.
    I guess we can indirectly blame the virus for that as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

For having to stay home for 2-3 months just until we learn more??

If that is the case jibs, then we are pathetic human brings and probably all deserve the virus
    Most people will lose their minds being cooped up for just one month or more which is the case now. I just read Domestic violence in America is WAY UP now.. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...kdown-n1176151

People go nuts at home after a while, especially if they lost their job, have no income, bills are due and have no savings. Wife starts biiitching and the refrigerator is now getting empty and you barely have money to buy food..

stevenash

Soon as I dig up the CDC link I read the other day I'll post that too.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Just bump your other thread nasher

milwaukee mike

More than 1-2 million?
    he meant in the US

suicide hotline calls are up 800%, even 8000% in areas

https://fox17.com/news/local/feeling...spike-in-calls

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/1...rus-anxieties/

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

There is no magic switch on May 1. We ain't going back to "normal" any time soon.
    I plan to. I don't look at MAY as simply going back to the way things were. I'm looking at it being time to start getting are freedoms back and everyday lifestyle back to at lease a certain degree... people going back to work and supporting their local small businesses again. Getting out of the house to do what you want to do, being responsible of course and respecting the social distancing angle for a while... definitely not being quarantined and shut down.

Our way of life is certainly going to change forever from this chinese flu, but I am not going to run from it in fear because I am not afraid. Many others aren't either, and those that are... fine, I don't have anything against your feelings of discomfort, I actually want a return to normal as quickly as possible so people can start to not be afraid anymore.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I plan to. I don't look at MAY as simply going back to the way things were. I'm looking at it being time to start getting are freedoms back and everyday lifestyle back to at lease a certain degree... people going back to work and supporting their local small businesses again. Getting out of the house to do what you want to do, being responsible of course and respecting the social distancing angle for a while... definitely not being quarantined and shut down.

Our way of life is certainly going to change forever from this chinese flu, but I am not going to run from it in fear because I am not afraid. Many others aren't either, and those that are... fine, I don't have anything against your feelings of discomfort, I actually want a return to normal as quickly as possible so people can start to not be afraid anymore.
    Except that rushing back to "normal" is likely to result in it being not normal for longer. Let the data dictate actions, not a random date for the change of a month.

What freedoms don't you have? Seriously? What small businesses do you want to support? Be specific. What specific is it that you want to do out of the house that you can't right now?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0282_article

The CDC puts the R0 at 5.7 and not 2.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

It is I think a good idea to have a few states like Georgia open up early and be used as a study for other states.Alot of the theories about Covid-19 have been disproved. Trump needs to listen to alternate opinions. Nevada would be a good test state for early opening because of smaller population and the money it brings in.
    Last edited by Biff41; 04-21-20 at 08:23 PM.

stevenash

Most people will lose their minds being cooped up for just one month or more which is the case now. I just read Domestic violence in America is WAY UP now..

People go nuts at home after a while, especially if they lost their job, have no income, bills are due and have no savings. Wife starts biiitching and the refrigerator is now getting empty and you barely have money to buy food..
    Thing is and everybody should know this that what I like to call the 'Big Three' (water, gas, and electric companies) will
    a) not shut you off during the CV19 crisis
    b) supply the utilities companies with a zero income sheet that showing you haven't worked due to the CV19 shutdown and in most states they'll give you a three month extension without a payment.
    c) I believe the water companies can not shut anyone off during this crisis.

My wife's best friend works for the Department of Social Services she knows (it's her job) all about the programs, she's on the phone at work non-stop explaining it all to people who call DSS all sorts of panic stricken.

You can get food stamp too, and most the mortgage companies I'm told will work with those who fall behind.
    Trust me they don't want to take your house.

Now....
    As far as domestic abuse goes, I'm with my wife now 24x7 and her (our) best friend who's staying in the guest room believe me, there are times I want to choke the air out of her throat. (I never would I love her tooo much, but there are times...)

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Could you please point out in the link where it says the flu is more contagious?

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Except that rushing back to "normal" is likely to result in it being not normal for longer. Let the data dictate actions, not a random date for the change of a month.

What freedoms don't you have? Seriously? What small businesses do you want to support? Be specific. What specific is it that you want to do out of the house that you can't right now?
    I see things from your point of view. And I am not looking at May 1 being one set date or month. It's just the beginning of gradually starting to get businesses operating again, and it's not just small business. Sales people need to be able to call on customers large and small. Restaurants need to be able to re open with new table arrangements. Food suppliers need to be able to keep the supply chain running efficiently like a machine as it was before. Summer league softball, kids being able to see their friends and hang out at parks to play hoops. Catching a minor league game. All of these things will not happen unless things gradually start up again come May.

I don't know man... I'm just a voice with an opinion... I know I don't have the all the right answers and I like to debate... there's no magic solution or date... I just believe we're better off getting economy going again sooner rather than later. If it doesn't... so be it, I'll survive, I hope... haha

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Could you please point out in the link where it says the flu is more contagious?
    It doesn't. I'm not sure what was in question. I just remembered that article says covid is deadlier than the flu.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Made total sense.
    From CDC:
    Data from China show that each coronavirus case seems to infect about 2 to 2.5 additional people. That's higher than the flu. The average patient spreads the flu virus to about 1.3 others.

And on the face, that looks like it's only about twice as contagious. But if you do the math you'll understand why it's so much more than that.

1<1.3<1.69<2.197<2.856<3.713
    1<2.0<4.00<8.000<16.00<32.00

Play it out 5 levels and it'a 10x more contagious. Plus, I don't believe tis even takes into account the apparent reality that covid can spread both presymptomatic and asymptomatic while flu only spreads less than a day before obvious symptoms.

This thing spreads so much easier than the flu and it's not even close. It's spreading despite these measures; if we did this for the flu (and we shouldn't), just about nobody would get the flu.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I see things from your point of view. And I am not looking at May 1 being one set date or month. It's just the beginning of gradually starting to get businesses operating again, and it's not just small business. Sales people need to be able to call on customers large and small. Restaurants need to be able to re open with new table arrangements. Food suppliers need to be able to keep the supply chain running efficiently like a machine as it was before. Summer league softball, kids being able to see their friends and hang out at parks to play hoops. Catching a minor league game. All of these things will not happen unless things gradually start up again come May.

I don't know man... I'm just a voice with an opinion... I know I don't have the all the right answers and I like to debate... there's no magic solution or date... I just believe we're better off getting economy going again sooner rather than later. If it doesn't... so be it, I'll survive, I hope... haha
    Sales calls? Sure, why not.
    Restaurants? Not eat-in. Hell no. Carryout and delivery will do for awhile.
    Food suppliers? Still in business. But they gotta learn to be even more careful.
    Softball, hanging out, ballgames? Not in May, not even close. Hell no. July if we're lucky, and even then very carefully.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    It doesn't. I'm not sure what was in question. I just remembered that article says covid is deadlier than the flu.
    Oh, ok. You posted a link to a report in response to someone saying "Nonsense. Show me the CDC link that says that." in response to someone else saying the a CDC report said the flu is more contagious. I guess I wrongly assumed you were linking something saying the flu is more contagious. My bad.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Sales calls? Sure, why not.
    Restaurants? Not eat-in. Hell no. Carryout and delivery will do for awhile.
    Food suppliers? Still in business. But they gotta learn to be even more careful.
    Softball, hanging out, ballgames? Not in May, not even close. Hell no. July if we're lucky, and even then very carefully.
    Some of it should start in May imo. Another month of complete lockdown, he said she said, and political rhetoric being the backdrop of life would be worse.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thing is and everybody should know this that what I like to call the 'Big Three' (water, gas, and electric companies) will
    a) not shut you off during the CV19 crisis
    b) supply the utilities companies with a zero income sheet that showing you haven't worked due to the CV19 shutdown and in most states they'll give you a three month extension without a payment.
    c) I believe the water companies can not shut anyone off during this crisis.

My wife's best friend works for the Department of Social Services she knows (it's her job) all about the programs, she's on the phone at work non-stop explaining it all to people who call DSS all sorts of panic stricken.

You can get food stamp too, and most the mortgage companies I'm told will work with those who fall behind.
    Trust me they don't want to take your house.

Now....
    As far as domestic abuse goes, I'm with my wife now 24x7 and her (our) best friend who's staying in the guest room believe me, there are times I want to choke the air out of her throat. (I never would I love her tooo much, but there are times...)

This may be true Stevie but many people don't know this and still get the bills in the mail and just are so use to paying them and not falling behind!!!

Most are use to working also and not being at home confined either now day after day.. Messes with the mind.. Causes stress.. It's not the norm..

Most need a purpose in life or they go off the deep end. No sports either to watch and pass time either so forget about it!! ..

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The human race is 'what a joke', including me. We're all fukin nutz. Ya like to think you may know more or are smarter than the next human. We're all self centered, non caring, what about me..individuals. The only difference between one or the other is we've lived a little different suffering. In the end, we're all just wanting somebody to think we're superior or may know more or are smarter. And, guess what, you're not. None of us are getting out alive in the end and down the road, not long from now, Nobody will think anything about you...or me. We're nothing but a lot less than a dust particle in the universe. Who gives a fuk....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zam77

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

I wish they had kept America open

First 12345 Last