SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Should Every American be tested for COVID-19?

maybe Every person in the world?

If you don't get tested, you're not allowed out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Should be concentrating more on antibody testing now rather than testing for the virus itself. Hopefully, millions have gotten the virus, recovered and didn’t even realize it. The more of those kinds of people out there, the better chance to control a 2nd phase of this.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i got tested very fast as i was with people at the duke/unc game that just came from being with the president

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I think they will eventually have test kits for all the people in the country, but at 350 million that will take some doing. I still can't believe that the whole world has stopped just to give aide to less than 1% of the people who are in danger. This will prove to be a bad idea as it will take years to recover, and there will be more hardship than if we plowed right through the disease and let the weak die off. Its called natural selection people you can't stop that and it will happen regardless of how you feel.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I guess this is a good places to ask.

What part of the test confirms it's Covid?

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

that is the dumbest question i've ever heard. Still less than 2million confirmed cases. You know the population of San Diego? 1.5 million.
    So imagine, the entire city of San Diego had flu like symptoms. And nobody else in the world.... Would you go and test the rest of the country and/or the rest of the entire world????

idiot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Some guy made a great point yesterday all you have to do is Quarantine people with pre-existing conditions they are the only ones or should I say mainly them that die from
    It

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I guess this is a good places to ask.

What part of the test confirms it's Covid?
    they take the specimen from your body and from that can look at your dna in your sample

when you have Covid19 that has gotten into your cells, the virus molecule holds your cells dna/rna making machine hostage and makes the cell produce copies of itself using your own bodies machinary, it copies itself into RNA sequences.

The test does a complicated procedure that takes the RNA sequence of the Covid virus and turns it into a DNA sequence, because we can detect dna chains but not rna chains.

they can then amplify all the sequences present an at a certain level of Covid sequences being detected will trigger a positive result.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Some guy made a great point yesterday all you have to do is Quarantine people with pre-existing conditions they are the only ones or should I say mainly them that die from
    It

the biggest and possibly most dangerous pre-existing condition in the non elderly is High blood pressure

that's close to half of working age americans. Over 30% of Adults over the age of 25 have high blood pressure. I'm sure many here have it untreated, like Jibby.

its estimated that 20% of Americans with high blood pressure don't even know it and are undiagnosed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Archie good work and info

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    the biggest and possibly most dangerous pre-existing condition in the non elderly is High blood pressure

that's close to half of working age americans. Over 30% of Adults over the age of 25 have high blood pressure. I'm sure many here have it untreated, like Jibby.

its estimated that 20% of Americans with high blood pressure don't even know it and are undiagnosed.
    I'm 32 and have high blood pressure. My doctor a few years ago was a hack job and didn't believe me even though the tests were always high, just said i'm too young and not to worry about it. Then i switched doctors, with Kaiser still, and he freaked out and immediately put me on mediation. Now i'm on lasinopril 10mg and hydro 25mg daily.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

lets go with no

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I consider myself pretty healthy, exercise regularly, play sports, and active in general.

However, every time I get sick and especially the flu, that crap stays in my chest & lungs for weeks.

My mother said I had bronchitis when I was a kid and I think it has scarred by lungs because I occasionally have a light cough which has been going on for years.

Pretty sure I wouldn't fare well or even survive if I caught it.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

If it requires a dna sample, good way for authorities to solve some cold cases with that data bank.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

LOL - LOL - That CANT be achieved !! 330 million of us - get real here .

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I would gladly have my semen tested at anytime for any disease

I want to do my part