Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

2 biggest cities in China

How did Hong Kong and Shanghai avoid this virus shutting them down? I heard they haven't had any kind of lockdown.

With their proximity being so close to Wuhan its amazing they haven't had the kind of outbreaks seen in Italy, Spain and NYC....

Did China manage to contain it to stay just in Wuhan?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Hong Kong is not in China....I think it is just a region and not actually part of it

I know China wants to try to control them

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Hong Kong is not in China....I think it is just a region and not actually part of it

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    they have their own monetary system, passport, and immigration channels and act as a pseudo country since 1997. They also maintain separate governing and economic systems

I was there in the 80's and back then they had nothing at all to do with China

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

I know China wants to try to control them
    i understand they operate a little differently but people usually associate the 2 together and they are about as close as you can get geographically

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    i understand they operate a little differently but people usually associate the 2 together and they are about as close as you can get geographically
    I knew what you meant....all good. They basically are China in today's standards

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

It a smells very fishy

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Launch the missiles now.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Launch the missiles now.
    too late now. macarthur wanted to nuke a dozen of their cities after japan but truman nixed it. wrong decision. macarthur knew they would be trouble down the road.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    too late now. macarthur wanted to nuke a dozen of their cities after japan but truman nixed it. wrong decision. macarthur knew they would be trouble down the road.
    Yep.. We may have missed our chance.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

China built those ghost cities for a reason

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    How did Hong Kong and Shanghai avoid this virus shutting them down? I heard they haven't had any kind of lockdown.

With their proximity being so close to Wuhan its amazing they haven't had the kind of outbreaks seen in Italy, Spain and NYC....

Did China manage to contain it to stay just in Wuhan?
    Either Cuomo and Deblasio are the two most inept rulers on the planet or China is straight up lying and omitting numbers. At this point either of those outcomes is plausible. China aside, I still wanna know why NYC is such a shit show but SF, denser and Tokyo, more populated aren't. It's not looking good for NYC leadership comparatively.

Golden fleece

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Either Cuomo and Deblasio are the two most inept rulers on the planet or China is straight up lying and omitting numbers. At this point either of those outcomes is plausible. China aside, I still wanna know why NYC is such a shit show but SF, denser and Tokyo, more populated aren't. It's not looking good for NYC leadership comparatively.
    yeah , i hear ya

thats my point. things jus dont add up to me..... how is NYC the hardest hit in the entire world and these 2 cities which are very close to where it originated dont even go on any kind of shutdown....

baffling