d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Apparently you didn’t understand my post. How can numbers matter if they are now just “assuming” deaths are Covid related. The joke of it is the assumption. Numbers only matter if the person tested positive and the death was actually Covid related
    The testing system still sucks. I don't understand why we are still not on top of this. Knowledge is everything. Widespread available easy testing is the key to getting back sooner than later. Keeping in the dark about the truth is not a recipe for lasting success.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The testing system still sucks. I don't understand why we are still not on top of this. Knowledge is everything. Widespread available easy testing is the key to getting back sooner than later. Keeping in the dark about the truth is not a recipe for lasting success.
    It really is baffling how the government can’t get their shit together for testing...I 100% agree with you here.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

MLB doing a massive anti body testing.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

It may be more of a problem with medical bureaucracy protecting its own turf. I suspect hospitals will get more funding labeling an emphsema death as a Covid death even if the Virus wasnt a main factor.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    MLB doing a massive anti body testing.
    That's great. The results should be very informative. We need more of this.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post

There are a few research projects doing this in small pockets.

Stanford is doing one currently

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Interesting announcement by Ohio Gov Dewine. Random sample antibody testing of 1,200 in Ohio. Great idea.

As R gov's go, Dewine is actually pretty good.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Corona Getting better here in SO CAL which is surprising to me..

Love to crank up the economy again here in Cali but with restrictions still in place - masks and social distancing continuing.. None essential businesses should re open now under these guide lines just like the super markets are..

Come on Gov Newsom grow a pair and make it happen you liberal hack!!!

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Interesting announcement by Ohio Gov Dewine. Random sample antibody testing of 1,200 in Ohio. Great idea.

As R gov's go, Dewine is actually pretty good.
    I just hope these antibody tests actually work properly, because yes, that will be a big part of getting things opened up again.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

quit paying attention to the numbers at this point. I just read where in NY they are just calling it a coronavirus death even if the person wasnt tested.....fukking joke this is
    It really is baffling how the government can’t get their shit together for testing...I 100% agree with you here.
    I don't think that's the case, not for the global counters used at a site like worldometers anyway. Either way, I agree that far more testing is what will be needed to keep this thing under control going forward.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Yes. People are working hard to get through this

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Corona Getting better here in SO CAL which is surprising to me..

Love to crank up the economy again here in Cali but with restrictions still in place - masks and social distancing continuing.. None essential businesses should re open now under these guide lines just like the super markets are..

Come on Gov Newsom grow a pair and make it happen you liberal hack!!!
    Newsom is another awesome gov. You're in good hands. He's going to do exactly what's right based on data and not be bullied or unduly influenced.

When businesses open up it's going to have to start with limiting the number of people in rooms. Can't be crowding into offices. Maybe x number of people per square foot or something along those lines. Cubicles and desks have to be sufficiently spaced. Masks of course. Hate to say it but sporting even gatherings are not happening.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yes. People are working hard to get through this
    Worst thing to do would be to open back up too soon and in a way that causes another spike. You could give up another 6 weeks to save 1 week. How dumb would that be. Worst thing would be too have to loosen and tighten, loosen and tighten. Need to do it at a time and way so that it only loosens step-by-step, but not back and forth. Psyche can't handle that. So let's not do this reckless.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

worst thing to do would be to open back up too soon and in a way that causes another spike. You could give up another 6 weeks to save 1 week. How dumb would that be. Worst thing would be too have to loosen and tighten, loosen and tighten. Need to do it at a time and way so that it only loosens step-by-step, but not back and forth. Psyche can't handle that. So let's not do this reckless.
    true

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Worst thing to do would be to open back up too soon and in a way that causes another spike. You could give up another 6 weeks to save 1 week. How dumb would that be. Worst thing would be too have to loosen and tighten, loosen and tighten. Need to do it at a time and way so that it only loosens step-by-step, but not back and forth. Psyche can't handle that. So let's not do this reckless.
    Worse thing you can do is continue to CRIPPLE the economy and make families suffer and die from social isolating and picking up vices.. People need to work.. Gotta weigh the risk.. There will be casualties on both sides either way you look D2..

May as well open it up and continue with the social distancing and wearing masks. Make it a law until Corona is GONE!! Corona doesn't kill that many people.. It's a little overrated if you ask me..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Worse thing you can do is continue to CRIPPLE the economy and make families suffer and die from social isolating and picking up vices.. People need to work.. Gotta weigh the risk.. There will be casualties on both sides either way you look D2..

May as well open it up and continue with the social distancing and wearing masks. Make it a law until Corona is GONE!! Corona doesn't kill that many people.. It's a little overrated if you ask me..

No worst thing to do would be to cripple health care and food supply chain industries, kill more people and CRIPPLE the economy.

Foolish decision making in coming weeks and months could lead to all of the above
    Points Awarded:

JohnGalt2341 gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mezmurized2 gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

HERE IS WHY OPENING UP THE ECONOMY IS GOOD

people that can work from home will still be able to work from home. people that have shitty jobs and can't work remotely will go to work. these people are generally poor and unhealthy. they will die in a large number. poor and unhealthy people dying is good for the world. reduces population, unhealthy people put a drain on the health care for healthy individual. premiums should go down.

the problem is that poor people do the shitty jobs like meat packing and canning and produce. this could hurt the food supply. however, for america, we can just transport mexicans to do the work at a cheaper price. ideal lowering the cost of production in wages and therefore lower the cost of the product.

the top 10% percent can more effectively feed off of the world. trump is doing the elites work by trying to kill of a bunch of unnecessary americans and these governor are going to try and stop him.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    as they added another 4000 deaths in NY, actually the numbers released are low, very low than actual

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    HERE IS WHY OPENING UP THE ECONOMY IS GOOD

people that can work from home will still be able to work from home. people that have shitty jobs and can't work remotely will go to work. these people are generally poor and unhealthy. they will die in a large number. poor and unhealthy people dying is good for the world. reduces population, unhealthy people put a drain on the health care for healthy individual. premiums should go down.

the problem is that poor people do the shitty jobs like meat packing and canning and produce. this could hurt the food supply. however, for america, we can just transport mexicans to do the work at a cheaper price. ideal lowering the cost of production in wages and therefore lower the cost of the product.

the top 10% percent can more effectively feed off of the world. trump is doing the elites work by trying to kill of a bunch of unnecessary americans and these governor are going to try and stop him.
    well some of this is true.

then we get to your last paragraph, sounds a little Nazi like. kill the non productive, yeah it does.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    No worst thing to do would be to cripple health care and food supply chain industries, kill more people and CRIPPLE the economy.

Foolish decision making in coming weeks and months could lead to all of the above

That won't happen if everyone is still keeping social distancing and wearing masks like in China and SK where their economies are open and running safely now!!!

Keep it shut down much longer people will get desperate, more crime, more violent crimes, more suicides, more starving and mentally ill.. Like I said it's a give and take.. People need to work and make money.. People have families to feed!!!!

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

So if these so called experts at Harvard are now telling us we need to continue social distancing for another year and the virus will return next year anyway, that means that the approaches that officials recommended these last two months were a complete waste of time and only elderly and people with immune deficiencies should have avoided crowds so we would have had herd immunity already with roughly the same if not less casualties given no fear of return.
    Last edited by Biff41; 04-15-20 at 12:33 AM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

That won't happen if everyone is still keeping social distancing and wearing masks like in China and SK where their economies are open and running safely now!!!

Keep it shut down much longer people will get desperate, more crime, more violent crimes, more suicides, more starving and mentally ill.. Like I said it's a give and take.. People need to work and make money.. People have families to feed!!!!

you ever try wearing a mask for eight hours. I barely can take it when i hit the grocery story.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    you ever try wearing a mask for eight hours. I barely can take it when i hit the grocery story.
    It’s not even hot yet. Wait until requiring masks and 100 degree heat indexes are the new norm. That won’t last long. This situation is mutually exclusive. You can’t have everyone rush back to normal and have churches filled by Easter and expect the continued spread to decrease. You either want to get back to normal and have nearly everyone get it or shut it completely down to keep as few from getting it as possible. There is no perfect mix and the side you want to happen probably directly affects each individual. People working remotely could do this for years, while people who can’t make money at their same rate/pace want to go to work as soon the checks are gone. Probably the longest algorithm in mankind history to figure this one out.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

China and SK kept the virus from spreading to all parts of the country like we did, and were far stricter and/or way more innovative technoligically.

they also have to take away privacy of their citizens with tracking apps.

We can never compare ourselves to anything they do, even IF they truthfully disseminated accurate info about their death numbers

but the horse is out of the barn..... too late to do what they did

lakerboy

States reopen soon. Lots of countries easing restrictions

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Confidence building is a good thing. May 1st right around corner. Going to be a game changing month for many. Good and bad

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

Open it up and let the chips fall where they may. The virus has been in California before it was even in the news. There's people saying they were sick in November, December, January with similar symptoms. Studies coming out showing the virus is undercounted by 50 times because many have no symptoms. The numbers are skewed and overhyped in order to scare the public.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Imagine jt315.....he hasnt brushed his teeth in a decade....guy would hot box himself to death if he wore a mask. Luckily for him that he hasn’t been able to leave his house in years because of his weight.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

is the virus done yet?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Hushie View Post
    Open it up and let the chips fall where they may. The virus has been in California before it was even in the news. There's people saying they were sick in November, December, January with similar symptoms. Studies coming out showing the virus is undercounted by 50 times because many have no symptoms. The numbers are skewed and overhyped in order to scare the public.
    Got a link?

kid dienamite
    kid dienamite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2937

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Got a link?
    that's what health officials are saying in LA County.

Hundreds of thousands of Los Angeles County residents may have been infected with the coronavirus by early April, far outpacing the number of officially confirmed cases, according to a report released Monday.
    The initial results from the first large-scale study tracking the spread of the coronavirus in the county found that 4.1% of adults have antibodies to the virus in their blood, an indication of past exposure.
    That translates to roughly 221,000 to 442,000 adults who have recovered from an infection, once margin of error is taken into account, according to the researchers conducting the study. The county had reported fewer than 8,000 cases at that time.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by kid dienamite View Post
    that's what health officials are saying in LA County.

Hundreds of thousands of Los Angeles County residents may have been infected with the coronavirus by early April, far outpacing the number of officially confirmed cases, according to a report released Monday.
    The initial results from the first large-scale study tracking the spread of the coronavirus in the county found that 4.1% of adults have antibodies to the virus in their blood, an indication of past exposure.
    That translates to roughly 221,000 to 442,000 adults who have recovered from an infection, once margin of error is taken into account, according to the researchers conducting the study. The county had reported fewer than 8,000 cases at that time.
    Hopefully this is true. Time will tell I suppose. I'm just wondering how many false positives there are out there. Most of these tests are far from perfect.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Actually it's smart to stay home...
    See, you weren't always stupid.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    is the virus done yet?
    Which one, there are many.