mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    mostly it's elderly people over the age of 75 who get pneumonia which started from the flu. the flu does not kill 200K a year in the USA. one year, the 2016/17 season, it killed 80K, but that was an aberration.
    it is typically 20K to 50K per year.
    the true cause of death is pneumonia which developed from the flu. the flu did not kill them - something worse did.

but get this: COVID-19 is hospitalizing and killing people under the age of 60 !!
    when was the last time you heard of someone being hospitalized by the Flu who was under the age of 60 ???
    ...and put on a respirator of which only 20% survive and 80% die !!!!!!

flu vs covid 19 is apples and oranges. get educated. free your mind. become someone bigger and better and smarter than you are.
    most importantly: wake up !!!!
    -----------
    What HE said ...... LOL

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Read a CDC report, and re-read what I just posted 5 more times.

I guess I'll go back to medical school 5 more times for fun, to be "smarter"
    ----------

SOURCE: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

CDC
    Lists CDC est. influenza cases and est. deaths (past 9 years that are available)
    Last column I added the simple calculation of deaths per illness case.
    *If these stats are wrong please show the CDC webpage with correct info for same years.

2010/11...21,000,000....37,000...... = 1 death per 567 reported cases
    2011/12.....9,300,000....12,000...... = 1 per 775
    2012/13...34,000,000....43,000...... = 1 per 791
    2013/14...30,000,000....38,000...... = 1 per 789
    2014/15...30,000,000....51,000...... = 1 per 588
    2015/16...24,000,000....23,000...... = 1 per 1,043
    2016/17...29,000,000....38,000...... = 1 per 763
    2017/18...45,000,000...*61,000..... = 1 per 738 *other est. is 80k, thus = 1 per 562
    2018/19...35,520,883.....34,157..... = 1 per 1,040

This CDC data suggests a mean average of about 38,000 deaths per year
    from a mean of 28.6 million cases each flu season....
    = mean avg 1 death per 752 cases

2020 COVID-19 pandemic:
    As of 6:45 pm ET, (per Johns Hopkins stats)

273,880 COVID-19 reported cases
    7,077 deaths from COVID-19 (and doubling every 3-4 days)

= mean avg of 1 death per 39 cases!

Clearly COVID-19 is waaaaaaaaay more virulent (deadly)
    and much WORSE than the common flu.

*If these stats are wrong please show the CDC webpage with correct info for same years.
    Last edited by mezmurized2; 04-04-20 at 12:59 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Stacker
    Take a seat, pal. Game, set, match.

You've lost your mind.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Stacker

You've lost your mind.
    you are a doctor because everyone around you is

who really lost their mind?

my great uncle's step father was best friends with their friends king of england

sbr does not need taken over by democrats
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

there is such a high death rate because everything is being blamed on coronavirus

69 year old lenard wells died here in milwaukee, attributed to coronavirus but his family totally denies that

others just get mentioned like this and added to the total... nobody seems to notice that they are just totally random people with no proof that they even died, or how they died... 13 people and we don't know a single one of their names? i call bullshit!

"There have been three deaths in Dane County, and in two Fond du Lac and Sauk counties.
    There has also been one death each in Sheboygan, Iron, Eau Claire, Rock, Washington and Waupaca counties.
    No information has been released about the victims."

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    there is such a high death rate because everything is being blamed on coronavirus

69 year old lenard wells died here in milwaukee, attributed to coronavirus but his family totally denies that

others just get mentioned like this and added to the total... nobody seems to notice that they are just totally random people with no proof that they even died, or how they died... 13 people and we don't know a single one of their names? i call bullshit!

"There have been three deaths in Dane County, and in two Fond du Lac and Sauk counties.
    There has also been one death each in Sheboygan, Iron, Eau Claire, Rock, Washington and Waupaca counties.
    No information has been released about the victims."
    Bingo...been saying this for a couple of weeks now...the agenda is claiming every death be caused by coronavirus

homie1975

And there are actual COVID 19 deaths occurring that are Not in the total.

My doctor buddy says the CDC testing criteria is so strict that for every 1 he tests he has 5 he cannot test but he is sure they have it. Also a lot of false negatives.

So go ahead and keep trying to minimize it. You continue to make yourselves look foolish.

homie1975

It's a mass conspiracy by the healthcare system all over america who are in cahoots to mark every death due to CV

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Bingo...been saying this for a couple of weeks now...the agenda is claiming every death be caused by coronavirus
    Only .004% of Americans (1350000 out of 331000000) have been tested but yet EVERY death is being blamed on CV.

Guess what. If CV turns into pneumonia then CV was the original cause of death.

Just like if the flu causes pneumonia the flu was the original cause of death.

Some of u keep referencing the flu deaths when the flu was just the original illness not the one that caused the actual death, but you are questioning the CV death numbers?

Seriously? U are either complete imbeciles or u are biased beyond your own recognition.

asiagambler

COVID-19 is worse than flu

We need a vaccine or high probability treatment protocol before we get sports back. Real simple

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Stacker

You've lost your mind.
    These are the responses one gets when points and facts can't be countered. Typical dung.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post

We need a vaccine or high probability treatment protocol before we get sports back. Real simple
    The best evidence right now is that it might be 0.2% CFR, which is questionably double that of flu, but if you understand what absolute and relative risk is (another stat that people don't, because they are not critical thinkers or are indoctrinated by the media) you aren't worried at all.

And you certainly don't shut down the economy for that.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Doesn't mean anything until governor's open up the doors

Without schools with students on campus, there is NO college football.

So, all 50 States have to be open for business

asiagambler

The best evidence right now is that it might be 0.2% CFR, which is questionably double that of flu, but if you understand what absolute and relative risk is (another stat that people don't, because they are not critical thinkers or are indoctrinated by the media) you aren't worried at all.

The best evidence isn't that good. There just isn't enough testing and who knows if they are even reliable. There are also questions about reinfection and long term effects. There is a lot of uncertainty

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post

First of all, please stop with the big type and silly fonts, it doesn't make your argument stronger, rather the opposite. And it's just annoying.

The number of "illnesses" "hospitalizations" and "deaths" for flu and covid are all estimated. The death "number" is not quite as shaky of an endpoint, however it is questionable, since people with chronic diseases certainly can't be said to have died just from flu, or covid, for that matter. Why? Any right minded person who thought someone age 40 who just dropped dead from the "flu" wouldn't consider that person "healthy", either --- but the CDC claims this happens and reports it. So let's hold the same standard for covid. Also, if you tested someone on their death bed for covid and he was already dying from metastatic cancer, you wouldn't consider that a "covid" death. You'd just say he happened to have covid since he's in the hospital where it is in spades, but died from cancer. And that's if the test is accurate, another question, even.

Again, you are using Johns Hopkins stats now, not CDC. So switcheroo to the boogeyman stats. It still doesn't matter; the 273k confirmed cases are clearly not the number of people infected or asymptomatic, so the number is inflated because the denominator is far larger, in reality. Why is this such a hard concept for people. The deaths even in NYC, right now, ARE NOT MORE THAN LAST YEAR. If this is such a tragedy, why are fewer people dying right now, IN NEW YORK CITY, than last year? Compare each day to each day.

You will never address this point, because it exposes your fear mongering for what it is: poppycock.

Until you do, stop arguing the pointless statistics, which you butcher. If you make a good faith comparison, or try to, I will respond in kind. Until then, you are fear mongering and have an agenda, like the media and yes, like JHU
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

The best evidence isn't that good. There just isn't enough testing and who knows if they are even reliable. There are also questions about reinfection and long term effects. There is a lot of uncertainty
    Yes, that's the point of my posts. And why it is absolutely ridiculous to shut most of the economy down, or take away people's rights without cause.

asiagambler

Yes, that's the point of my posts. And why it is absolutely ridiculous to shut most of the economy down, or take away people's rights without cause.
    Well your point is different from mine because I AM worried because of the uncertainty. You say it's ridiculous to shut down the country but NY would be 10x worse right now with hospitals completely overrun

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

You've got it completely wrong. It is because the US did not understand absolute and relative risk that they had to shut down the economy. And now is completely unprepared and unable to deal with the crisis. That is fairly obvious.

asiagambler

Not to make it political, but it seems it's mostly Trump supporters who weren't in favour of a shutdown

Well guess who shut it all down: Trump

Roger T. Bannon

Even after all this, Americans will still believe their biggest risk is Muslims.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Well your point is different from mine because I AM worried because of the uncertainty. You say it's ridiculous to shut down the country but NY would be 10x worse right now with hospitals completely overrun
    I'm not telling you how to feel, but I am telling you there is no data to feel that way. I've proven this time and time again. Again, explain to me why there is no excess mortality. Explain why there are fewer people dying daily in NYC right now than in 2019.

Not to make it political, but it seems it's mostly Trump supporters who weren't in favour of a shutdown

When the media is against you and you have a factually incorrect guy at the head (Fauci) claiming that we need to do XYZ (although that has changed), which only considers the disease and not policy, you have to play along at least a while politically. That's just the reality. Trump can't win. They would crucify him for saying or acting like he knows more than this hack Dr. Fauci, so it is a no-win --- even if he is right in the end, which he will be. But they won't believe him, they'll just say he is lying.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Even after all this, Americans will still believe their biggest risk is Muslims.
    What is your view on the "biggest risk," Roger?

asiagambler

I'm not telling you how to feel, but I am telling you there is no data to feel that way. I've proven this time and time again. Again, explain to me why there is no excess mortality. Explain why there are fewer people dying daily in NYC right now than in 2019.

When the media is against you and you have a conservative and factually incorrect guy at the head (Fauci) claiming that we need to do XYZ (although that has changed), you have to play along at least a while politically. That's just the reality. Trump can't win. They would crucify him for saying or acting like he knows more than this hack Dr. Fauci, so it is a no-win.
    I know. It was just a joke. I actually can't stand the neoliberal scum like Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc. and I appreciate how Trump never backs down from them but he is way out of his depth here understanding and handling this pandemic

Roger T. Bannon

When the media is against you and you have a factually incorrect guy at the head (Fauci) claiming that we need to do XYZ (although that has changed), which only considers the disease and not policy, you have to play along at least a while politically. That's just the reality. Trump can't win. They would crucify him for saying or acting like he knows more than this hack Dr. Fauci, so it is a no-win --- even if he is right in the end, which he will be. But they won't believe him, they'll just say he is lying.
    So your argument here is that Trump wimped out to the media and yet you still blame the media when he decided to shut down the economy entirely and continues to shut it down? Trump did not cave because of the meda. He caved because the stock market was falling 10% per day. They were going to cash until the bailout came.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    So your argument here is that Trump wimped out to the media and yet you still blame the media when he decided to shut down the economy entirely and continues to shut it down? Trump did not cave because of the meda. He caved because the stock market was falling 10% per day. They were going to cash until the bailout came.
    Lot of truth to this too

Roger T. Bannon

What is your view on the "biggest risk," Roger?
    Anybody knows that the biggest risk to society is a mass extinction event, not Muslims. This was being widely reported on as a "pandemic" two months ago. The US did not believe that a virus would have the audacity to visit the US.

On the other hand, Japan knew full well how to deal with it because they are all wearing masks. They have not even shut down their economy. But the US cannot even make a mask or a ventilator because it does not know how. It relies on China for everything. That was a very poor risk assessment.

And now when it is done, it will spend trillions on Muslims and very little on being prepared again.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

covid-19 is worse than flu

we need a vaccine or high probability treatment protocol before we get sports back. Real simple

this

homie1975

Of course. Because it hurts the economy which hurts his chance of reelection.

Their motives are transparent.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

And there are actual COVID 19 deaths occurring that are Not in the total.

My doctor buddy says the CDC testing criteria is so strict that for every 1 he tests he has 5 he cannot test but he is sure they have it. Also a lot of false negatives.

So go ahead and keep trying to minimize it. You continue to make yourselves look foolish.
    ---------
    Bingo.....

the 10,000+ deaths in SPAIN the past 2 months (pop. 47 million) is UNPRECEDENTED
    the 15,000+ deaths in ITALY the past 2 months (pop. 60 million) is UNPRECEDENTED
    It was reported on Friday, March 27 (a week ago) that there were 86,000+ cases of COVID-19
    in Italy, from which 9,100 have died....a frightening death rate of 1 per every 9.5 cases!!
    There were 51 docotors who tested positive that have died. Again, UNPRECEDENTED
    https://www.newsweek.com/more-50-doc...avirus-1494781

mezmurized2
    Update your status

It's a mass conspiracy by the healthcare system all over america who are in cahoots to mark every death due to CV
    ------------
    Oh yes....mass conspiracy.....yep.....and all orchestrated by Hunter Biden, plus
    Robert Mueller (R), Adam Schiff (D), former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch (R),
    former FBI director James Comey (R), the whistleblower, Mitt Romney (R),
    former WH director of communications Anthony Scaramucci (R) and that former
    PLAYBOY model he had an affair with while his 3rd wife was at home with his 5th child
    ...all coordinated from the basement of a pizza parlor where, along with Hillary Clinton
    they operate a lucrative child sex ring.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

-------------

Precisely

mezmurized2
    Update your status

First of all, please stop with the big type and silly fonts, it doesn't make your argument stronger, rather the opposite. And it's just annoying.
    -------
    I'll respond as I choose.
    If you don't like it you are free to exercise your right to stop reading/responding to them.

Again, you are using Johns Hopkins stats now, not CDC. So switcheroo to the boogeyman stats
    ----------

And where are the links to support your stats and speculations ?
    I included mine. Where's yours ??

Until you do, stop arguing the pointless statistics, which you butcher.
    Repeat:
    where are the links to support your stats and speculations ?
    I included mine. Where's yours ??
    Until YOU refute with VERIFIABLE stats (with links), then this stands:

This CDC data suggests a mean average of about 38,000 deaths per year
    from a mean of 28.6 million cases each flu season....
    = mean avg 1 death per 752 cases

2020 COVID-19 pandemic:
    As of 6:45 pm ET, (per Johns Hopkins stats)

273,880 COVID-19 reported cases
    7,077 deaths from COVID-19 (and doubling every 3-4 days)

= mean avg of 1 death per 39 cases!

Clearly COVID-19 is waaaaaaaaay more virulent (deadly)
    and much WORSE than the common flu.

If these stats are wrong please show the CDC webpage with correct info for same years.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

-----------

I have to agree.
    A lot of people are worried, and there is very real REASON to be worried.
    CDC data suggests the common flu kills, on avg, 1 per every 752 cases, each year.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

But meanwile, stats listed on FOX NEWS website https://www.foxnews.com/ COVID-19 kills an avg of 1 per every 39 cases !!
    FOX News lists its sources as WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC

While I believe "social distancing" and "stay-at-home" orders will have a
    beneficial impact on the horrific death rate and soon we will see a flattening of the curve
    and hopefully -- if those measures are ahered to -- a relaxation in those measures
    so we can begin a long recovery sooner rather than later.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

I bet NFL will cancel preseason gms and start on time

U don't wanna mess up off-season which is every in NFL

First ... 34567 Last