lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Why are they still allowing horse racing?
    So people can lose more money and then beg for another handout

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

lockdown bitches!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    lockdown bitches!
    I’m getting sick in the house. Lol

No shooting
    No entertainment

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    I think maybe the Governor doesn't quite understand their models.

But, stay safe folks.

I stand by my assessment that the 60% number is based on people being dumb and not doing the things necessary to slow down the spread. That being said, I can see how that scenario isn't necessarily out of the picture yet.
    Either he hasn't used a calculator and worked out exactly what he was saying and is just talking rubbish about 25 million infected in 8 weeks, or there is something much much different about California than other places we don't know about and he does.

That many that fast just doesn't seem plausible from what we have seen so far.

JonnySavage
    JonnySavage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Well it was 1,800 in New York a couple days ago and is now 8,000. So if it just keeps doubling.....

Those are people who tested positive. Tens of millions across the country have it and don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Either he hasn't used a calculator and worked out exactly what he was saying and is just talking rubbish about 25 million infected in 8 weeks, or there is something much much different about California than other places we don't know about and he does.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Quote Originally Posted by JonnySavage View Post
    Well it was 1,800 in New York a couple days ago and is now 8,000. So if it just keeps doubling.....

Those are people who tested positive. Tens of millions across the country have it and don't know.
    Indeed. The power of exponential growth.

Just for kicks, I cracked open Excel and modeled a 20% day over day increase, starting at 1000. As it turns out, after 56 days, the number was 22.6 million. So, I guess it is theoretically possible.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Indeed. The power of exponential growth.

Just for kicks, I cracked open Excel and modeled a 20% day over day increase, starting at 1000. As it turns out, after 56 days, the number was 22.6 million. So, I guess it is theoretically possible.
    I mentioned how bad this number the Governor quoted was to a friend in Cali with an older father he is a bit worried about, and the phucker came back at me saying I was a panic merchant.

Tell ya governor pal!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

I mentioned how bad this number the Governor quoted was to a friend in Cali with an older father he is a bit worried about, and the phucker came back at me saying I was a panic merchant.

Tell ya governor pal!
    The LA Times has an article that was discussing his numbers and if they are real. The are essentially worst case scenarios.

The head of the school districts in the county of Los Angeles is slating May 5th as the date that schools will likely reopen in the county. I don’t think that’s public yet, but should give you an idea of what they are planning on behind the scenes.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The LA Times has an article that was discussing his numbers and if they are real. The are essentially worst case scenarios.
    Yes, agreed, worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The head of the school districts in the county of Los Angeles is slating May 5th as the date that schools will likely reopen in the county. I don’t think that’s public yet, but should give you an idea of what they are planning on behind the scenes.
    May 5th seems kind of optimistic, though. That's like, 6 weeks away. I certainly hope the increases have leveled off before then, but how long does it take after things have leveled off before schools reopen?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Yes, agreed, worst case scenario.

May 5th seems kind of optimistic, though. That's like, 6 weeks away. I certainly hope the increases have leveled off before then, but how long does it take after things have leveled off before schools reopen?
    Doesn't really make much sense to re-open Cinco de Mayo when the end of the school year is likely mid-end May. I guess the only point would be for seniors to graduate on time.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Looks like los Angeles county is closed until August

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

saw they built homes for homeless people in san jose.. california is one sad dummycrat state.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Looks like los Angeles county is closed until August
    but you can now go to the beach

bring your mask and no sitting allowed

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    saw they built homes for homeless people in san jose.. california is one sad dummycrat state.
    they are also giving them free booze and drugs in their free hotel rooms. no joke

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    they are also giving them free booze and drugs in their free hotel rooms. no joke
    Wow...pathetic. While I’m paying for my booze and hotel room...

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    Well, to be fair, homelessness starts at home.

First 1234