carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

College bASKETBALL 3.12.20

Coming off a 1-3 on wed here, so i will be trying to get back on the right side today.1st up will be a full game total MICH UNDER 135 FOR 3*** glta (ck)

carolinakid

well this will not happen today, im not sure if it worth the time to even work on the games now.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Still lots of other games to check out

carolinakid

i not sure if they will be played, why is st john playing when everyone else has cancel early.........

carolinakid

im thinking all games will be cancel today and the st john game will be cancel at halftime........

carolinakid

yep the big east just cancel and it will be no 2nd half in the early game

carolinakid

why are the womens playing this is crazy

michlafon15
    michlafon15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Bc they have no fans

carolinakid

I just place a live bet on NC CENTRAL women basketball+2.5 for the game

carolinakid

i know it hard for a team to beat a team 3 times in the same yr, but i think it will happen in this one.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I made this long ass post in your thread about the ACC, and others canceling, but by the time I finished, it was apparently deleted. I can’t let it go to waste since I just spent like damn two hours on it, and need it documented for my own record keeping, or whatever you wanna call it.

TL;DR - Screw the ACC. Syracuse Co-Champs. UNC blows. Knicks will fck up the draft. And Elijah Hughes is that dude.

Fck me. Swofford is a coward, so it was a given. Four hours ago, they were saying the games would be played. It makes no sense. It does, but it’s just to save their own ass, which I understand, as I’m not ignorant, but it’s no less obnoxious to me. No fans, and the teams are already there. I know someone may have it, and not know it, but damn. Test everyone. I guess testing is a bitch at the moment though. I get it, but I think since everyone is already there, and mingling together anyway, that if you’re gonna get it, you’ll get it. Basketball is a contact sport though, so no hiding from it if someone is out there with it. Sucks for the fans who paid to go, and are already there. And the players who work all year to compete in games like these.

Syracuse had a glimmer of hope to go on a run. They looked like the squad us fans have been waiting for all year. Firing on all cylinders, and every last player contributing. Granted, L’Ville may have made that a distant memory all too quickly. But, this was shaping up to be our redemption tour against UNC, L’Ville, Duke, and FSU. Don’t really have the luxury of finishing the season eventually, like the NBA. Would have to get started up again in April, then finish sometime in May, or just throw the NCAA tourney together, and do it by May. There’s still time to pull it off, but the combine starts May 21st. Gotta get going by something like the second week of April to squeeze in the conference tourneys, and NCAA tourney. Classes end in the beginning of May though, so who the hell knows. Shit. We’re probably fcked. Let’s just all stay home for two weeks, and resume life, for fcks sake. Make it three to be safe, and the Tourney could be done by May. Conference tourneys, and all. Unfortunately, I know the world isn’t going to base its decisions on sports, but people need some outlet to escape the harsh realities of our existence. Not me, but everyone else that’s losing their collective minds over something we probably look back on, and wonder what we were all freaking the fck out about, acting like it was the bubonic plague, and Y2K fears wrapped in one.

Cuse is now Co-Champions of the ACCT. Couldn’t end the year on a better note. Sending UNC packing in their own state, in front of thousands of their dweebs, and by 28, no less. Ole Roy boy left with an L in 2003 thanks to JB, and 2020 ends the same way for him. I can always claim that Syracuse would have won the ACC tourney, then made the NCAAs, and pulled a UCon. Cuse 2020 NCAA champs, bitches. Almost won the last game of the year, and who cares about Wazzu/Colorado, so I’m claiming last man standing, or we can play Wazzu for the championship. Someone on the Cuse board asked if you would rather the NCAAT be cancelled, or a committee picks a Final Four, like CFB, and we just play that out over two days. I’d rather cancel it, as that cheapens it all, but damn we would have three great games. Something like Kansas/FSU, and Gonzaga/Dayton, as those are the top 4 in the AP, and Coaches poll. Fair enough for me. Could have a Kansas/Gonzaga battle for all the asterisk filled marbles. And we would only have to hear bitching from Baylor, and SDSU fans, so not much at all. But, I’m sure UK fanboys would be insufferable.

Got UNC fans saying they lost because the team was stressed out about the coronavirus. Yeah okay. Season on the line, and I guess they packed it in, in the ACCT, in Greensboro.

Cole Anthony sure looked frustrated having his last game be a dud. Wanted NY to take him over Ball, if it were between those two, but last night changed my mind. Gimme the Ball circus instead, even though he can’t shoot as well as some say. 25% from deep in whatever league he went to. Plays no D, and rail thin. Looks like MCW, without the D. Hopefully they avoid both though. Mannion, or the French kid can shoot decent enough. Probably shouldn’t go French again, but kid sounds pretty solid. Good size, athleticism, and D. Mannion is meh, anyone but him, as he doesn’t score well enough, at less than 40% from the field, and not big, or athletic enough to be a star. Haliburton is almost a lights out catch, and shoot guy, but doubt they reach for him, even though he may end up better than the rest. Some places have him in the top 5, so all depends how the lotto balls bounce.

Be nice if NY didn’t get boned again, but can get a PG anywhere in the top 10. Top 5 is fine. Don’t need Wiseman, or Toppin, so they can go somewhere else, and maybe someone else will snag Ball for me. Edwards is debatable as a SG, but really need to go PG. He could be a combo guy, and the NBA is kind of getting away from pure PGs when you have forwards that can bring it up, like Barrett could do. Actually like that pick if that’s where they go. Need to take a risk, and add the best kid you can. Which is why they will fck up, and aim for Ball based on potential, but I just don’t see it. Been beating up on lesser competition while putting up an insane volume of shots. Haliburton doesn’t look like a star, but is one of those glue guys that does everything well enough to be tough to handle. I like him for the safe pick, but they’re gonna go for potential, and probably Ball. Then they will pray he can fix his ugly ass two handed shot, and give him the keys to the car.

This class is deep when it comes to guards. Combo guys like Maxey, and Hampton that may even fall outside of the lottery. Though, Maxey should be top 10, and could rise. He would be great in NY, if it wasn’t such a reach, but rankings be damned. Would be a perfect fit as the 2 in Orlando also, and they could move on from Fournier finally. They need a scorer that can go out, and get his own basket when needed. Kid is a walking bucket, and doesn’t turn the ball over. His floater is near automatic. Strong kid, who is a solid passer, and can D up. His only weakness may be his height at 6’3, but that’s fine for a combo guard. Worst case, he’s Lou Williams, but you may end up with a Dame Lillard type player. Probably my favorite kid in the draft, and I expect him to be a stud.

Orlando is loaded upfront, and now Fultz is playing well at the point. Wish I were the GM. Have that squad contending in a couple years, and not just making the playoffs with a shit record, only to be bounced in round 1. In my dreams. Some team is gonna get a steal with Elijah Hughes, and probably in round 2. Though, with a good showing at the combine, he could be a 1st rounder. He’s easily 1st round if you’re going off of production, and not just potential. Last night was basically a highlight reel for NBA teams. He showed off his entire game. Can shoot, drive, create his own offense, pass, rebound, D up, and hit FTs. A guy that may not be elite at anything, outside of possibly shooting with a little more time, but he’s good at literally everything. One of those guys overlooked because he’s 22, and not 18-19. Won’t wow them with his size, speed, handle, or athleticism, so probably stays in the 2nd round, but some squad is gonna get a solid guy to bring off the bench. 3, and D at the SG spot to help anchor a 2nd unit in a few years. If it’s with a good organization, and not the damn TWolves, or Kings. Where Syracuse players go to die.

But, I digress. Went on another tangent. What was this thread about? How did I get started on an essay about NBA prospects? Oh well. I’ll leave it for future reference. I make these posts more for myself, not to try to appease the masses, or impress anyone. Not sure I would ever read my ramblings if I were y’all, but happy I have a place to let ‘em out.

Sorry CK. You’re an exception to the dweeb thing. Reasonable UNC fan. A sight for sore eyes. And shit, even a winning gambler that we rarely see around these parts.

Last edited by Cuse0323; 03-12-20 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Damn typo after all that.

carolinakid

NP Cuse heck i pick a winner today played Central to beat A&t for the 3rd time this yr in live betting and Central won 56-54 su...........1-0

carolinakid

btw the way i cant stand cole, he a ball hog and make back decisions, let him go the the nba some of the one and done kids are so bad, yet they think they walk on water and cant wait til the 1 yr is over with.......i wish all 1 and done kids would stop coming to the college and just go straight to the nba or d league, the colleges will survive.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    btw the way i cant stand cole, he a ball hog and make back decisions, let him go the the nba some of the one and done kids are so bad, yet they think they walk on water and cant wait til the 1 yr is over with.......i wish all 1 and done kids would stop coming to the college and just go straight to the nba or d league, the colleges will survive.
    I’m with you. Cole seems arrogant, immature, and selfish. No clue why they force these kids with no desire to get a degree into going to school for one year. It’s their life, so let them make whatever decision they see fit for their future. Noble effort, but you aren’t reinventing the wheel here. Some kids just don’t understand the need for a degree. You can only hope that they have supportive family around them, and not conniving scumbags looking to get theirs. But, what can ya do? That’s life. Just give them as many advisors as you can in the NBA to hopefully teach them about life, like avoiding con artists disguised as your boys, those gold digging hoes that want you to impregnate them, and the importance of saving their money. Vasectomies for all.

Just make the age limit 18, and good to go. A few guys at 17 that are in college early, so I can see the argument for them needing to be considered an adult before going pro. It’s probably in their best interest to get a year to mature a bit. In no other sport other than football, do they force kids into school. Football is obvious, as you can’t let kids out of HS go into the league, and get murdered by grown men. In basketball, some of these kids are ready in their junior year of HS. Let them get paid while the money is there for the taking. They only have so long to earn a living to take care of themselves in their late 30, and on. Something like 10 years, if you’re lucky, and good enough, to accumulate enough wealth for the 40-50 years of life you have left. A few more years overseas into your mid to late 30’s, if you wanna bank up. It’s really an insane life to live. It shouldn’t be hard to pull it off, but these aren’t Rhodes scholars we’re talking about. They got through life with their physical talents, and not their minds

The NBA just does it for their own self interest, and being able to see kids play competitive college ball before they invest in them.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 03-12-20 at 01:32 PM.

carolinakid

Just in and i think we all know there will be no march madness next week and it will be put on hold Duke is stopping all sports and would not even play in march madness if they held it, what they will not..

Cuse0323

Bummer. No Duke. All the more reason to get this figured out, and started back up. K probably sick of this new trend of getting bounced before the FF. Even while getting the number 1, or 2 recruiting class every year. Been a rough 5 years for fans of the Dukies. The 5-6 years of waiting in the 2000’s must be torture for them. Assholes.

carolinakid

Live in play bet MORGAN ST -3.5 FOR THE GAME

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

This could be last SAP PLAY for Carolina Kid 2020.Good trivia question

carolinakid

Lol, let hope not sir...............have a great day there..