Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

College basketball players are the ultimate sheep...

They complain about not being paid yet every single one of them is going to do as they're told like good little "student-athletes" & suit up for these games for free despite multi-million dollar NBA players going on lockdown. Apparently they're way too stupid to understand they hold all the power and simply refuse to play unless they get paid going forward or at the very least not play until the NBA season resumes. Hilarious how certain college football players get criticized for sitting out bowl games during their draft year when they're the only ones who actually get it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

the mentality of a 20 ish male athlete is not going to be worried about sickness or rights here

i'd bet 98% of them just WANT to play so bad they don't care what is going on with a bigger picture

they are warriors and basketball is their life and joy

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    the mentality of a 20 ish male athlete is not going to be worried about sickness or rights here

i'd bet 98% of them just WANT to play so bad they don't care what is going on with a bigger picture

they are warriors and basketball is their life and joy
    To an extent I agree with that but if they're not smart enough to mobilize and do what's in their best interests then I never want to hear them complain about playing for free ever again their meaningless 4 yr. scholarship notstanding.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

what college bball player complained about not getting paid

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i think if we can get past this week, there will be no games come next week

carolinakid

i think this sunday there will be no selection sunday.......

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    To an extent I agree with that but if they're not smart enough to mobilize and do what's in their best interests then I never want to hear them complain about playing for free ever again their meaningless 4 yr. scholarship notstanding.
    I hear ya.

I think they are very separate apple and orange issues though

on one case we are saying they are sheep for most likely wanting to play and if given a vote i'm sure they would want to play something they are passionate about. (so no one is having to force them and shepard them here)

on the other hand we are saying they can't speak up to get just a a morsal of a sliver of a huge huge huge $ pie, a pie that is there in very large part to their extreme talents, skills, dedication, sacrifice and work.

I think it is separate things in opposing directional forces

I will say, I agree that it is prob not a smart idea for these kids to be playing and yes the NCAA doesn't give a shit about their health or the the broader health of the nation in comparison to their bank accounts

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

They complain about not being paid yet every single one of them is going to do as they're told like good little "student-athletes" & suit up for these games for free despite multi-million dollar NBA players going on lockdown. Apparently they're way too stupid to understand they hold all the power and simply refuse to play unless they get paid going forward or at the very least not play until the NBA season resumes. Hilarious how certain college football players get criticized for sitting out bowl games during their draft year when they're the only ones who actually get it.
    The guys who sit out bowl games are not smarter than me. I am just selfish and want to see the games with teams at full strength. I took time off work for this NCAA tournament and I will be pissed if they don't play.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

They are not playing for free. Education and exposure have inherent value. They are the grunts. The bottom of the food chain. Of course the pay is shitty. What do they expect?

RebsLV
    RebsLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

They suited up to play, because of the game. Playing D1 ball is a privilege and you only have a limited time. Most these players aren't thinking bout the money like yourself degen

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by RebsLV View Post
    They suited up to play, because of the game. Playing D1 ball is a privilege and you only have a limited time. Most these players aren't thinking bout the money like yourself degen
    Definitely not bragging cuz this wasn't much of an accomplishment but I played D3 baseball for Baruch College in the mid 90s where unlike D1 basketball the NCAA only lost money. With that being said I know for a fact my team wouldn't have played in any D3 tourney if all the other ones were being cancelled like today. Literally just found out the Big East game got canceled at halftime. If that's not treating the players like human excrement for getting their hopes up don't know what is.

carolinakid

i can say this i wish something could be done about these 1 and done players.................either let them go out of high school or make them play for at least 2 yrs in college........i think in the long run the colleges would be better without the 1 and done players

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    i can say this i wish something could be done about these 1 and done players.................either let them go out of high school or make them play for at least 2 yrs in college........i think in the long run the colleges would be better without the 1 and done players
    The one n done rule is over. The NBA will allow HS students again.

As a former player, I knew the injury risk but I loved to play the game. Was I sheep? Sure but I loved the game, the notoriety, the coeds. I’d quickly go back and do it again, Corona be damned.