Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Sports Bettor Threatens Athletes & Their Families After Losses 👎

Gambler 'Parlay Patz' charged with threatening Rays players, other athletes with beheading

USA Today
    3/5/20

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A New York sports gambler is facing federal charges in Florida related to threatening social media messages sent to players with the Tampa Bay Rays and other teams, federal authorities said Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Tampa announced a charge of transmitting threats in interstate or foreign commerce against Benjamin Tucker Patz, 23. He faces up to five years in federal prison.

Patz made numerous violent threats last year against athletes and their family members through anonymous Instagram accounts, according to a criminal complaint. In many messages, Patz threatened to enter the athletes’ homes and behead them or their family members, the FBI said. Some of Patz’s threats also contained derogatory terms and racial slurs, investigators said.

The Tampa Bay Rays lost a home baseball game last July to the Chicago White Sox. An account linked to Patz later sent threatening Instagram messages to four players for the Rays and one player for the White Sox, according to authorities. None of the players were identified by name, only initials.

“Your family will be beheaded,” said one of the messages, quoted in the criminal complaint.

Patz, who resides in New York and California, goes by the moniker “Parlay Patz.” FBI investigators said they found online articles that claimed he had recently won more than $1 million by wagering on sports events.

Over the past year, Patz has sent threatening messages through social media to numerous professional athletes, investigators said. After losing $10,000 by betting on the Los Angeles Rams to win last year's Super Bowl, Patz sent messages to two players on the game's winning team, the New England Patriots, claiming that he would rape and murder their families, the indictment said.

The complaint also lists threats against players for the Atlanta Braves, the San Diego Padres, the Oakland Athletics, the Cleveland Indians, the Baltimore Orioles and the Kansas City Royals. One of Patz's accounts also threatened a player for the Swedish women's soccer team after they beat Germany in the Women's World Cup Quarter-Final, instigators said.

U.S. Attorney's Office spokeswoman Amy Filjones said Patz was charged in Florida's Middle District because the Rays players were there when the threats were made. It wasn't immediately clear if Patz would face charges in other districts for the other threats.

Patz had arranged to turn himself in but wasn't yet in custody Wednesday evening, Filjones said. It wasn't known if he had an attorney.

“The safety of our players and staff is paramount and all threats are taken seriously," Rays spokesman Dave Haller said in a statement. "The Rays and the players involved are cooperating with the FBI as the legal process continues.”

Hman

Ok which one of you guys have list control?

Hman

Gambler sent threatening messages to athletes, including Rays players

NBC Sports
    3/4/20

Gambler sent threatening messages to athletes, including Rays players

Dan Sullivan of the Tampa Bay Times reports that a gambler, 23-year-old Benjamin Tucker Patz, sent hundreds of threatening messages to athletes, both professional and college, over Facebook and Instagram. Several of those players were on the Rays, identified in the criminal complaint by their initials: E.P., A.K., T.P., and C.R. We won’t bother deducing which players the initials are referring to, but it’s not a terribly difficult endeavor.

The messages included racial slurs, as well as threats to break into their homes to behead them and their families. The FBI investigated the threats.

A member of the White Sox, identified as A.C., and two other unnamed Rays players were on the receiving end of Patz’s vitriol. Sullivan notes that players on the Braves, Nationals, Royals, Indians, Orioles, Padres, Athletics, and Blue Jays received similar messages, as did members of the NFL’s New England Patriots. Patz sometimes sent threatening messages to the athletes’ family members.

In one message to T.P., Patz wrote, “Unfortunately 0-5 against the Chicago White Sox isn’t going to cut it. Because of your sins, I will have to behead you and your family.”

This is, sadly, a very real look into the private messages of professional athletes. Given the ever-increasing popularity of sports gambling and the ubiquity of social media, this seems like a problem that will only become bigger.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I saw where this guy was bragging about winning 300k parlays too.

Hman

“I will sever your neck open you pathetic (expletive)," read one message directed to E.P.

(Tampa Bay Times)

Hman

I know we've all probably cursed a player at some point for something, but jeeez this guy went the extra mile

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I knew a guy like this who did everything he could to bet, once went on a wild run where he won like 200000. This was at the infancy of Twitter and insta, but I could have seen him doing this. Sounds like he got hot and gave it back and couldn’t handle it.

Obviously he’s an idiot if he’s doing 5 team parlays for 20000.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy will probably kill himself if convicted

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

that is the scary side of gambling and the effect it has on desperate people

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Gambler 'Parlay Patz' charged with threatening Rays players, other athletes with beheading

USA Today
    3/5/20

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A New York sports gambler is facing federal charges in Florida related to threatening social media messages sent to players with the Tampa Bay Rays and other teams, federal authorities said Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Tampa announced a charge of transmitting threats in interstate or foreign commerce against Benjamin Tucker Patz, 23. He faces up to five years in federal prison.

Patz made numerous violent threats last year against athletes and their family members through anonymous Instagram accounts, according to a criminal complaint. In many messages, Patz threatened to enter the athletes’ homes and behead them or their family members, the FBI said. Some of Patz’s threats also contained derogatory terms and racial slurs, investigators said.

The Tampa Bay Rays lost a home baseball game last July to the Chicago White Sox. An account linked to Patz later sent threatening Instagram messages to four players for the Rays and one player for the White Sox, according to authorities. None of the players were identified by name, only initials.

“Your family will be beheaded,” said one of the messages, quoted in the criminal complaint.

Patz, who resides in New York and California, goes by the moniker “Parlay Patz.” FBI investigators said they found online articles that claimed he had recently won more than $1 million by wagering on sports events.

Over the past year, Patz has sent threatening messages through social media to numerous professional athletes, investigators said. After losing $10,000 by betting on the Los Angeles Rams to win last year's Super Bowl, Patz sent messages to two players on the game's winning team, the New England Patriots, claiming that he would rape and murder their families, the indictment said.

The complaint also lists threats against players for the Atlanta Braves, the San Diego Padres, the Oakland Athletics, the Cleveland Indians, the Baltimore Orioles and the Kansas City Royals. One of Patz's accounts also threatened a player for the Swedish women's soccer team after they beat Germany in the Women's World Cup Quarter-Final, instigators said.

U.S. Attorney's Office spokeswoman Amy Filjones said Patz was charged in Florida's Middle District because the Rays players were there when the threats were made. It wasn't immediately clear if Patz would face charges in other districts for the other threats.

Patz had arranged to turn himself in but wasn't yet in custody Wednesday evening, Filjones said. It wasn't known if he had an attorney.

“The safety of our players and staff is paramount and all threats are taken seriously," Rays spokesman Dave Haller said in a statement. "The Rays and the players involved are cooperating with the FBI as the legal process continues.”
    Ok which one of you guys have list control?
    Unfortunately, rather if certain people will admit it or not
    I prolly popped up in a couple readers heads ... even if only momentarily

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Good read thanks.....some young kid who can't take a lost.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Here he is

Parlay Patz

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

What a puzzy, better be able to back up every threat of physical violence in real life made over internet/mobile

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

guy looks like a 10 year old could kick his ass

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Here he is

Parlay Patz

That's jjgold circa 1962! Back when he had hair.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

parlay putz
    Points Awarded:

SBR Tony gave cincinnatikid513 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Wow, I always thought BigDaddy Douche Nozzle was older than 23.

Guess it makes sense though, especially when you include the lies about winning parlays and bets.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

This guy is a sick fuk.

Now he has a few pennies and thinks he can call athletes out. Lol what a joke.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOL ive been mad but god DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN lol...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

No doubt.....I find it hilarious considering there was no REAL threat.....I mean the players don't know that but yeah LOL....
    I know we've all probably cursed a player at some point for something, but jeeez this guy went the extra mile

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave SBR Tony 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

he's 23. Won a shit ton of money and did what 23 years old do. Blew it all and then some and now buried

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Would love to see that little twink thrown into the octagon with any one of those athletes he called out.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

What a bum fck loser. Guy bets on terrible teams, and gets mad when they do what they do best. Lose. He better check his attitude before he gets to the joint. When he loses in spades, I don’t think his fellow inmates will take too kindly to being threatened.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post

Haha

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I was wondering what happened to the poster bigbusiness, I guess now we know

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I'd bet good money that this D-Bag has an SBR handle.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I'd bet good money that this D-Bag has an SBR handle.
    I picture thomorino

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

From what I understand this is from when he was younger

Before he won his parlays

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I may be in the minority but I always performed better in my glory days of HS basketball when my coach would make the same exact threats. I ended up getting 10% of a full ride athletic scholarship to an NAIA school, and got at least 3rd team All-Team every single year I was there. Some people use stuff, like this, and use it as motivation. Others are cowardly professionals who cry and run to the feds because they aren't praised constantly 24/7.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Seemed like he was actually trying to intimidate people before the game, no?

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

What a pussy!

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

New chapter for him on the inside

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Parlay Patty Venditto

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

one day these loose cannons r gong to follow through and unexpectedly go boom. Just hope its not a full fuking stadium

12 Last