jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Men How Can Lebron Still Be So Good????? NBA Top Talent Any Sport Top to Bottom

Like I said Day 1 until now best player ever

We have never seen this before dominating all facets of the game for so long every fukkin game

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

By season's end he should already be about 7th all time in total minutes played ever, close to 50,000 minutes

that's 833 hours of professional basketball or a bit under 35 days of in game action

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

really impressive the length of time he has been this good with all the minutes played as mentioned

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    By season's end he should already be about 7th all time in total minutes played ever, close to 50,000 minutes

that's 833 hours of professional basketball or a bit under 35 days of in game action
    35 days somehow doesnt sound that long

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

James just makes it look so easy

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Lebron spends several millions of dollars each year on his body. His house is a science lab on human anatomy. Very smart to use your money to stay in front of the curve. What's really amazing is that he's really never been hurt. That is unreal. His nutrition is very good, despite that he has a sweet tooth. Genetics has a lot to play as well. The guy got a lucky cocktail of good genes, despite his parents craziness.

Look at Giannis and his brothers. They're right behind LBJ. I can see Giannis playing a very long time too.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

LeBron has no competition in today's league.

Jordan excelled among many other greats like Magic, Bird, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem, Shaq, David Robinson, Dominique, Miller, Karl Malone, Stockton, Ewing, and whoever else i left out.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    James just makes it look so easy
    yes its unreal

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

"He’s obsessed with working out. He exercises five days during the week in the off-season and seven days a week during the regular season."

obsessed is the key term here

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

The game is easy for him. He's a power forward with the skills of a pg. Not surprising at all.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post

Jordan excelled among many other greats like Magic, Bird, Drexler, Barkley, Hakeem, Shaq, David Robinson, Dominique, Miller, Karl Malone, Stockton, Ewing, and whoever else i left out.
    No competition? We get it, you hate Lebron but stop reaching. If anyone here knows Lebron please tell him to sign that autograph hman wanted when he was a rookie.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

I agree..the game today is a joke.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    No competition? We get it, you hate Lebron but stop reaching. If anyone here knows Lebron please tell him to sign that autograph hman wanted when he was a rookie.

Actually, I collect autographed trading cards but have never had interest in LeBron's.

And yes you're right, I despise him.

He's a proven self-centered liar and race-baiter.

I used to dislike Kobe also because he was so arrogant.

But then he grew up and turned into a good guy.

LeBron is 35, he's never going to grow up.

There's a reason 75% of his peers don't want to play with him.

And yes, he's not had to go through near the talent MJ or Kobe had to.

jjgold

Lebron never liked will hurt his legacy

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Actually, I collect autographed trading cards but have never had interest in LeBron's.

And yes you're right, I despise him.

He's a proven self-centered liar and race-baiter.

I used to dislike Kobe also because he was so arrogant.

But then he grew up and turned into a good guy.

LeBron is 35, he's never going to grow up.

There's a reason 75% of his peers don't want to play with him.

And yes, he's not had to go through near the talent MJ or Kobe had to.
    That's why he's only won 3 out of 9 or 10 championships. Kobe and MJ had it harder, but to be quite frank there's never been a team ever assembled like that with KD Curry THompson and all those guys, and I doubt there ever will be. I think a lot of the guys Jordan actually went against were a bit overrated. Those Jazz teams were good but they weren't all time good teams. Guys like Ostertag and Hornecek were key players for them and would probably barely get playing time on the Warriors championship squads, or even a team like the Clippers (today). The league is just different now with free agency. Ppl know you can't really win titles through the draft like the old days.

Basically the only teams I could say would compete with the Warriors in history were the Larry Bird celtics teams, the Magic teams, Shaq and Kobe teams, and then Wade and Lebron and Bosh teams, I might throw 1 Spurs team in there and 1 Boston team in there from 2008.

David Robinson kinda overrated. Tim Duncan was way better than him. Robinson was a pussy and was soft. Kinda similar to Dwight Howard.

What's lacking from the game now is defense, but Lebron has been playing since 2003. He had to go through a lot of tough players in his career, someone of the greatest players of all time.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I admittedly follow basketball least of the big 4 U.S. sports so maybe someone that follows it religiously can chime in.

Wtf is up with everyone saying Kobe was the "Jordan" of our era? Or I've been hearing people say Jordan is the GOAT and Kobe is a very close second. Wtf!!??
    What about Lebron? To me as a casual NBA fan, James is clearly the greatest of this era and has been. I don't get these people. Do they seriously think Kobe was a better all time player than James? I don't get it. Kobe was clearly a HOF player but not even close to Jordan.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I admittedly follow basketball least of the big 4 U.S. sports so maybe someone that follows it religiously can chime in.

Wtf is up with everyone saying Kobe was the "Jordan" of our era? Or I've been hearing people say Jordan is the GOAT and Kobe is a very close second. Wtf!!??
    What about Lebron? To me as a casual NBA fan, James is clearly the greatest of this era and has been. I don't get these people. Do they seriously think Kobe was a better all time player than James? I don't get it. Kobe was clearly a HOF player but not even close to Jordan.
    Kobe is one of the two greatest perimeter defenders in history. Him and Jordan and then 3rd place is a very distant third. Kobe for a 10 year stretch could literally shut down any player in the world for a 5 min stretch. No one can shut down elite offensive players all game but when the game was on the line, Kobe didn't let you score on him in his prime. Kobe is also the only player to ever measure up to JOrdan in terms of the clutch gene, the warrior mentality. Jordan himself said Kobe is the only person who could probably beat him 1 on 1, no one else. It's pretty clear that Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan. Lebron melted down in 2 different NBA finals appearances. Dallas was a complete meltdown, averaging 17 ppg in his 11th year in the NBA... Some food for thought.

Goat Milk

Also, why would literally every single player in the league cry when Kobe died? He was their role model, their superman. Everyone feared Kobe and idolized him. From Devin Booker all the way to Lebron James. They all consider Bryant the greatest of this era. Also, on those Olympic teams, don't forget who brought home gold. In the years Lebron was winning reg season MVPs in the NBA, Bryant was winning NBA finals rings and bringing home the Olympic gold. Lebron was a side piece on those Olympic teams compared to Bryant. When the Olympics for the nation are that close with that much time left in the finals, and all the best players in the world are on team USA, including Lebron, and the ball is in Bryant's hands in crunch time, I think we know who was the greatest player of the era just by that alone.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave Goat Milk 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Bird, etc.. Talent is talent.. NBA fans appreciate that. NBA players and Coaches even have to appreciate it.

They are all talented and perfectionists in their chosen profession.. They all work hard despite their God given athletic talent.. It's called WINNING IN LIFE and they all worked at it, pays off!!

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

@goat Damn man, I never thought of it all like that. Thanks for enlightening me.

Goat Milk

@goat Damn man, I never thought of it all like that. Thanks for enlightening me.
    You're welcome. I think Lebron is a top 5 player in history, and the rest of his story is still left unwritten.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That's why he's only won 3 out of 9 or 10 championships. Kobe and MJ had it harder, but to be quite frank there's never been a team ever assembled like that with KD Curry THompson and all those guys, and I doubt there ever will be. I think a lot of the guys Jordan actually went against were a bit overrated. Those Jazz teams were good but they weren't all time good teams. Guys like Ostertag and Hornecek were key players for them and would probably barely get playing time on the Warriors championship squads, or even a team like the Clippers (today). The league is just different now with free agency. Ppl know you can't really win titles through the draft like the old days.

Basically the only teams I could say would compete with the Warriors in history were the Larry Bird celtics teams, the Magic teams, Shaq and Kobe teams, and then Wade and Lebron and Bosh teams, I might throw 1 Spurs team in there and 1 Boston team in there from 2008.

David Robinson kinda overrated. Tim Duncan was way better than him. Robinson was a pussy and was soft. Kinda similar to Dwight Howard.

What's lacking from the game now is defense, but Lebron has been playing since 2003. He had to go through a lot of tough players in his career, someone of the greatest players of all time.
    warriors would have destroyed those magic teams how old were u in '96 goat 5 yrs old maybe

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

really hope he has 1 more finals and loses... 3-7 nice clean 30%

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    warriors would have destroyed those magic teams how old were u in '96 goat 5 yrs old maybe
    I'm an 80s baby

Goat Milk

And I didn't say they wouldn't. I think Magic's teams could have competed though. Those were some sick rosters bro.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    And I didn't say they wouldn't. I think Magic's teams could have competed though. Those were some sick rosters bro.
    just think would have had trouble keeping up with them as far as scoring. game so different now though, besides the force shaq was penny wasnt a great shooter was a slasher and could score some, dish well. I dont think nick anderson and dennis scott would have been enough

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

It's because Kobe was on the LA Lakers. LA is a spotlight for entertainment, and he was a great player there for so long. If he was just as good on Toronto or Seattle or ... he wouldn't be on the pedestal ppl put him on today.

burtonrider726
    burtonrider726's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6656

It is amazing him and Federer have avoided major injuries for much of their career. Some luck, some genes, and most likely the way they play age well.

jjgold

THis year NBA winner is a crapshoot

great teams in East and West

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by burtonrider726 View Post
    It is amazing him and Federer have avoided major injuries for much of their career. Some luck, some genes, and most likely the way they play age well.
    Genes and taking care of the body religiously... LeBron, CR7 and Fed, all past 35, yet check their recovery times after an injury. unreal

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

He's a joy to watch play.

Many said no way he could win a Championship with the Lakers.

Now, it could happen.

jjgold

No series will be easy

Playoffs will be outstanding

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Today's talent due to the way bigger talent pool is way better due to pure athleticism and size increases alone.

A kid like Giannis if you put him back in 1989 would score about 50 points a game. Hell even Dirk would have been quite a bit better than Larry Bird. You didn't have 7'0 + guys that could shoot the three and dribble back then. Basketball is a global sport so much more now. 108 foreign born players now. a few decades again I doubt you had more than 15 in any given year. The population of the USA has grown as well, so again the genetic talent pool is just so much bigger, and with the specialization in sports these days. More athletes are funneled into basketball as kids as opposed to higher numbers in baseball back when Jordan was a kid...

108 Foreign born players

Goat Milk

just think would have had trouble keeping up with them as far as scoring. game so different now though, besides the force shaq was penny wasnt a great shooter was a slasher and could score some, dish well. I dont think nick anderson and dennis scott would have been enough
    Lmao I didn't mean Orlando bro. I meant Magic and Kareem teams.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

lebron record in nba finals

12 Last