SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

How much is free agent Derrick Henry worth?

What kind of contract will he be offered?

how close to ezekiel elliott's contract, which is 6 years $90 million

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Henry is definitely worth 15 million a year. Theirs backup QBs in the NFL that are making 7, 8 million dollars a year, sometimes more. It's ludacris. Henry is literally better than 50% of the NFL's QBs, and more valuable to a team. Not to mention WRs, who they pay huge money. Most of them straight bums.

I wouldn't give him 6 years, that's way too long for an RB contract. But I'd give him a 3 year deal and 50 million easy. Wouldn't even blink. There's probably only 1 offensive player in the entire NFL besides QBs I would give more money than Henry, and that's Julio Jones. No one else. Tyreek Hill? Guy will be lucky to play 9/10 games per year for rest of his career.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

3 years 30 mil

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He should go to the Niners

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

3 years 45 million guarantee 30 of it

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Look at how many other "stud" running backs got big contracts that look awful in retrospect(Gurley, David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Leveon Bell). There is no way i would give a bruising running back like Henry a 6 year contract....3-4 years MAX and I wouldn't even feel comfortable with 4.

3 years 45 million as poster pologp posted above sounds fair for both sides.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Tennessee will have to overpay to sign him. He's worth more money for the Titans than he would be for other franchises.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Anything over 3 years is just throwing money away. The money in not that important. RB's are losing value every season as the NFL heads to a 70% passing league.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Devonta Freeman‘s free agency has dragged into June and could continue deep into the summer. For what it’s worth, the running back isn’t too concerned. On Twitter, Freeman let his fans know that “a number of teams are interested” in signing him.

“I read in the media that Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested. A number of teams are interested, but we can’t negotiate through the media, the Buccaneers can reach out to me directly,” Freeman tweeted.

The Bucs – Freeman’s longtime divisional rival – do indeed have interest in Freeman, as conveyed by head coach Bruce Arians. However, Arians says that Freeman’s current sticker price is too rich for their blood. Previous reports indicated that the Bucs put an offer on the table for Freeman, but based on what the running back is saying, it sounds like the conversations came to a hard stop.

Freeman also received, and rejected a one-year, $3MM offer from the Seahawks. It’s not clear what the longtime Falcons star is demanding, but it’ll take more in the way of base compensation and probably an achievable incentives package to get him to sign right now. As we get closer to September, Freeman may or may not ease up on his stance. No matter what, Freeman says retirement is not on the table.

Freeman’s last deal was set to pay him about $8MM in 2020. There’s no way he’ll come close to that salary in base pay, but it stands to reason that he could find middle ground with the Bucs. The Bucs have upgraded much of their roster around Tom Brady, but RB remains a problem area. As of this writing, they’re set to roll out the promising yet inconsistent Ronald Jones as their top rusher with support from rookies Ke’Shawn Vaughn and Raymond Calais.

The Eagles are also interested in Freeman, though they may prefer the familiarity and price tag of LeSean McCoy. However, they have yet to make an offer to Shady.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i bet the bucs end up with him. brady likes his pass catching RB's.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    3 years 45 million guarantee 30 of it
    ^ this is about right. Guy is a beast. I sure wouldn't wanna try and tackle him.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Better off investing in your offensive line than overpaying for a running back after a breakout year

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Henry is a beast and a look at his stats explains why. He gets better as the game goes on. I would think a 3 to 4 year deal with a 20 million bonus and a total of 50 mil is about right. I can see some teams giving him a 6 year deal worth 70 million, but the front end is where the money is so if I were him, take the largest bonus and don't worry about the years because he isn't making it to the end anyways, even a 3 year deal is probably not going to be done. Either he plays 2 solid years and gets another bonus or he fades into the night and is let go or negotiated down.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i bet the bucs end up with him. brady likes his pass catching RB's.
    Since when did D. Henry become a pass catching rb?

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7806

He is a local kid. I saw him play every home game here in Yulee.

He was a man against boys.

He ended up setting the HS rushing record.

Good to see a local kid do well.

The only thing that scare me about him is he hasn't been injured.

Most running backs are on the clock for 5 years. Just hope he can outrun that clock

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Running backs over 6 feet tall almost never have long careers, they take too many hits. Look at Eddie George, Chris Henry. The only positive with Henry is he was only the primary guy at Alabama for one year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

5 years $80 million

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Better off investing in your offensive line than overpaying for a running back after a breakout year
    My thoughts exactly. Seems like the ROI on big contract free agent rb's is horrendous more often than not. And we seem to see all the time marginal running backs looking like all pros behind good offensive lines. Plus a fortified o-line benefits the pass attack and protects your mvp. Invest there.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Tennessee Titans have less than one week to sign Derrick Henry to a contract extension or else he’ll be forced to play out the 2020 season on the franchise tag.

And it appears no deal is imminent as July 15 approaches, according to Terry McCormick of Titan Insider.

Although no extension is on the verge of happening, there is the possibility that talks could accelerate in the final week with the deadline approaching. A move toward common ground is still possible as the sides are expected to continue discussions in an effort to put together an amenable deal for the former Heisman Trophy-winning running back.

General manager Jon Robinson has said on multiple occasions that Henry and the Titans are trying to find a middle ground in negotiations. He made that clear back in June, and most recently on Tuesday.

“Anytime you’re negotiating, whether you’re buying a house or a car or (signing) a player or whatever contracts, there’s got to be some back and forth with both sides,” Robinson explained. “And you’ve got to kind of find where the player’s happy and where it makes sense for the club. So, you know, we’re still kind of working through that. And we’re down to what, a week?”

It isn’t clear what Henry is asking for, nor what the Titans are offering, but based on Robinson’s comments alone, it seems there is still work to be done if the team is going to lock up its star rusher for the long haul.

Should no deal be reached, Henry will play on the franchise tag, which pays him $10.2 million this season. The Alabama product would then become a free agent in 2021, but the Titans will have the option of tagging him once again.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

$25.5 million guaranteed. Good for him.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22858

Nothing should become a shoe salesman better fitted.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

congrats on joining the 2000 yard club

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

guy must be the all time leader in 200+ yard games After Halloween

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Show him the money. Back to back rushing titles and 2,000 yards

proven animal

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I'm back after surviving the colts game then thought texans had a shot but of course they blow it give up lead

blow it on offense... make a 51 yard FG to tie it leave only 18 seconds left only to have 1 of their 2 deep safeties cover the middle of the field and let BROWN go deep down field 1v1 for a 52 yard catch

that kind of mistake with only 18 seconds left is so incomprehensible it makes you think games are rigged

or is that safety just retarded

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

14.00 bucks a hour .. = $560 a week

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

He's worth alot now. They always run hard in the contract year.

He will slack off next year and probably get injured. His legs are skinny.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He's worth alot now. They always run hard in the contract year.

He will slack off next year and probably get injured. His legs are skinny.

great call Jibs

he got paid after last year and now that he got paid, he'll play hard for just this one year and now he'll prob slack off and suck next year

nice of him to give them their moneys worth for 1 year though

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    great call Jibs

he got paid after last year and now that he got paid, he'll play hard for just this one year and now he'll prob slack off and suck next year

nice of him to give them their moneys worth for 1 year though
    What ever he's top heavy and those skinny legs will break soon.

Look what happen to Zeke and the Cowboys this year after he got paid. Same shit different pile.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Breakout year??? You don’t pay attention much do you

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Henry didn't get enough. That's how running back is supposed be played after resigning with their teams. Be better than ever.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

He will get more than Zeke, as he should.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When they get the money they get hurt or soft

Running Back bad $$$ investments as far as huge money

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7806

I saw every one of his HS games. Local kid has done good in town of 15-20k

I'm just glad he has avoided the inevitable injury.

12 Last