Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Jeremy Roenick out at NBC after joking about wanting to have sex with his co-host

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

You can't say anything these days

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Oh no!

Love him always for his NHL and Flyers contributions, but

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Nobody is safe.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If it was a guy, he would be commended

Pathetic

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

If his co-host was a dude Roenick would probably be labeled a "hero" and get the cover of People magazine.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

he didn't say it on air with nbc but a podcast so yah pretty weak firing him

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

She better have ass
    Cuz she ugly

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    he didn't say it on air with nbc but a podcast so yah pretty weak firing him
    Oh I didn't know that

Weaksauce

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Roenick, who was suspended indefinitely without pay over a month ago for making inappropriate comments about his co-workers on Barstool Sports’ Spittin’ Chiclets podcast

While appearing on the popular hockey podcast that went live on Dec. 19, Roenick recounted a trip he took to Portugal last summer with his wife and co-worker Kathryn Tappen. However, the story took a tasteless turn.
    “I was the king of Portugal,” Roenick said. “When you walk into every place and you have two blond bombshells on each side … your chest pops out a lot more.”
    Then he recalled when a woman approached him to ask if his wife and Tappen were both with him, to which Roenick replied, “Yes, they are.”
    “And then Kathryn says, ‘Will you shut up?’ She starts yelling at me,” he continued. “I play it off like, you know, we’re going to bed together every night, the three of us. Now, if it really came to fruition, that would really be good, but it’s never going to happen.”

Later in the podcast, Roenick turned the conversation toward Patrick Sharp, a fellow hockey analyst on NBC. The conversation moved over to whether Roenick, who was teammates with Sharp during their time on the Flyers, would sleep with Sharp.
    ”He is so beautiful. I’d have to think about it if he asked me,” Roenick said.
    “Oh God, yeah,” one host said.
    “I wouldn’t say no right away,” Roenick replied.

Roenick did say positive things about both Sharp and Tappen during his time on the show, complimenting their professionalism and stating how much he enjoys working with them. But NBC announced his suspension five days later.
    Tappen released a statement through an NBC spokesperson shortly after Roenick’s suspension.
    “While Jeremy and I continue to be good friends, what he said was unacceptable,” she said. “Especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments.”
    Roenick joined NBC Sports in 2010 as a studio analyst, appearing on NBC Sports Group’s NHL coverage on NHL Live and NHL Overtime, NBCSN’s pregame and postgame shows. He also served as a men’s and women’s Olympic hockey studio analyst at the last three Winter Olympics.

Fidel_CashFlow

Roenick, who was suspended indefinitely without pay over a month ago for making inappropriate comments about his co-workers on Barstool Sports’ Spittin’ Chiclets podcast

While appearing on the popular hockey podcast that went live on Dec. 19, Roenick recounted a trip he took to Portugal last summer with his wife and co-worker Kathryn Tappen. However, the story took a tasteless turn.
    “I was the king of Portugal,” Roenick said. “When you walk into every place and you have two blond bombshells on each side … your chest pops out a lot more.”
    Then he recalled when a woman approached him to ask if his wife and Tappen were both with him, to which Roenick replied, “Yes, they are.”
    “And then Kathryn says, ‘Will you shut up?’ She starts yelling at me,” he continued. “I play it off like, you know, we’re going to bed together every night, the three of us. Now, if it really came to fruition, that would really be good, but it’s never going to happen.”

Later in the podcast, Roenick turned the conversation toward Patrick Sharp, a fellow hockey analyst on NBC. The conversation moved over to whether Roenick, who was teammates with Sharp during their time on the Flyers, would sleep with Sharp.
    ”He is so beautiful. I’d have to think about it if he asked me,” Roenick said.
    “Oh God, yeah,” one host said.
    “I wouldn’t say no right away,” Roenick replied.

Roenick did say positive things about both Sharp and Tappen during his time on the show, complimenting their professionalism and stating how much he enjoys working with them. But NBC announced his suspension five days later.
    Tappen released a statement through an NBC spokesperson shortly after Roenick’s suspension.
    “While Jeremy and I continue to be good friends, what he said was unacceptable,” she said. “Especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments.”
    Roenick joined NBC Sports in 2010 as a studio analyst, appearing on NBC Sports Group’s NHL coverage on NHL Live and NHL Overtime, NBCSN’s pregame and postgame shows. He also served as a men’s and women’s Olympic hockey studio analyst at the last three Winter Olympics.
    Thats so fukking weak

Bitch should be lucky anyone wants to
    Plow her musty garden

stevek173

Yeah that's terrible. I mean like he meant he wanted to sleep with Sharp, right?

Not. Just a funny guy being goofy.

Very weak letting him go for this, but I guess she went full on freak show about it and with the me too movement and all that networks have to cover their asses.
    Last edited by stevek173; 02-12-20 at 10:38 PM.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Bad picture of her, she's decent. Quality enough for a 3-some! That happened back in December, was just a suspension originally. Took them a while to finally shitcan him. Hey, he was just being honest! Howard Stern-like!

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Bad picture of her, she's decent. Quality enough for a 3-some! That happened back in December, was just a suspension originally. Took them a while to finally shitcan him. Hey, he was just being honest! Howard Stern-like!

Yeah, seen other pictures
    Still not my type in the face

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

shocker

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

But you come out as wanting to be trans and get applauded

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

kids

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    If his co-host was a dude Roenick would probably be labeled a "hero" and get the cover of People magazine.
    The only people who would label him a hero for that are men who have sex with other men. The only people who think People magazine would give him a cover for that are men who have sex with other men.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    The only people who would label him a hero for that are men who have sex with other men. The only people who think People magazine would give him a cover for that are men who have sex with other men.
    You're not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer, are you...

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

His whole interview on that podcast was great. If you like hockey and don’t listen to Spittin chiclets you are missing out.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    His whole interview on that podcast was great. If you like hockey and don’t listen to Spittin chiclets you are missing out.
    Exactly! Just Jeremy being Jeremy. Apparently too much for the masses to handle...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Gotta hold your tongue. Can't be blurting that stuff out especially when you're a celeb figure.. He should have known better.. There are several chicks I would like to bang but I wouldn't voice it on air. Jokingly or not.

Lock em up!! ..

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Just have computers with an algorithm do the talking.....so stupid.
    Social media sucks.....sort of, heheheh

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good move

No brainer to get fired

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

think I have 100 of his upper deck rookie cards for some reason....

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Jerome had good perspective and insight on the NHL.

You just can comment in any form or fashion on a co worker anymore.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

She ain't worth losing your job over. Damn I liked Roenick,a Hawk legend.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-13-20 at 12:00 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Would hate to be this woman's enemy if that is how she treats her good friends.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When you have jobs like that you can’t say stupid stuff

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I'm a big fan of both Roenick and Kathryn Tappen. She had a choice, but unfortunately for JR she chose those terrorists in the #MeToo movement. She could've laughed it off and saved her friend's arse.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    When you have jobs like that you can’t say stupid stuff
    How 'bout when you're an SBR Moderator?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

if he is her friend she should have taken it in stride. she is with him and his wife in portugal as a third wheel. what is so bad about what he said? he finds her attractive and made a joke about her as a friend.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I'm a big fan of both Roenick and Kathryn Tappen. She had a choice, but unfortunately for JR she chose those terrorists in the #MeToo movement. She could've laughed it off and saved her friend's arse.
    She probably did when it happened

stevek173

What a fukkin c*nt.