SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Roger Federer retirement ?

Roger Federer had a semi-final defeat to Novak Djokovic this morning and the Swiss star cast doubt on his future appearances at Melbourne Park.

At 38 years old there are lingering questions over when Father Time will catch up with Federer.He is already defying all the odds by continuing to challenge for the biggest titles so late into his career.
    And Federer refused to confirm that he would make another appearance at Melbourne Park in 2021.

"No idea," Federer said when asked if he would be back. "Same as last year. You never know what the future holds. But especially my age, you don't know.

"I'm confident. I'm happy how I'm feeling, to be honest. I got through a good, nice training block. No plans to retire.
    "From that standpoint, we'll see how the year goes, how everything is with the family. We'll go from there. Of course, I hope to be back."

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Roger Federer had a semi-final defeat to Novak Djokovic this morning and the Swiss star cast doubt on his future appearances at Melbourne Park.

At 38 years old there are lingering questions over when Father Time will catch up with Federer.He is already defying all the odds by continuing to challenge for the biggest titles so late into his career.
    And Federer refused to confirm that he would make another appearance at Melbourne Park in 2021.

"No idea," Federer said when asked if he would be back. "Same as last year. You never know what the future holds. But especially my age, you don't know.

"I'm confident. I'm happy how I'm feeling, to be honest. I got through a good, nice training block. No plans to retire.
    "From that standpoint, we'll see how the year goes, how everything is with the family. We'll go from there. Of course, I hope to be back."
    He is probably retiring after he wins the Olympic games. So if it not this year, it will be in 5 years

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

hope so, hate seeing great decline

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Nadal will go post him in the grand slams win total.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will play until injured

Money hungry and huge endorsement deals

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will play until injured

Money hungry and huge endorsement deals
    yah he doesnt have enough money

est 450,million net worth

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

No reason to retire. He's still making semi-finals of Grand Slams and beating everyone except Djokovic

He can still win another one, just needs to get lucky with the draw and have someone else take down Joker

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

he will retire after this year US open

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    No reason to retire. He's still making semi-finals of Grand Slams and beating everyone except Djokovic

He can still win another one, just needs to get lucky with the draw and have someone else take down Joker
    Had 2 match points against Novak just a few months back wimbledon.

Was clearly injured this go around.

He can compete with the best player in the world, why would he retire like you said.

If Federer shoudl retire, maybe every single person on tour should too, except Rafa and Novak, because not 1 other person is capable of beating him.

vivaporto
    vivaporto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

hey has massive endorsement deals. as long as he makes it to QF in these grand slams, he has no reason to retire. He will retire when he fails to make QFs. The money he makes from endorsement is far more than what he makes from his tennis tournaments. His life time winning from tennis tournament is around 135 million. But last year alone he his total earning was around 85 million. Almost all that from endorsements

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    he will retire after this year US open
    Maybe Laver Cup or Basel but yes probably end of this season.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

He's no longer able to win any majors

No shame in hanging it up before you fall apart

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

He just made the semis at yet another major. He ain't going anywhere

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

He will compete till 42,he will definitely take down Novak one day.We get hot and cold in 30days that is why it's called summer.Novak is just riding his hot days.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

rogers records are incredible

10 consectutive grand slam finals
    then another streak of 8

From 2005-2010 Federer astonishingly reached the finals in 18 out of 19 grand slams, winning 12 titles and 6 runner up trophies.

He is the only player to win two Grand Slams five consecutive times at Wimbledon from 2003–07 and the US Open from 2004–08

and the only player to win 3 different tournaments at least 5 times (Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open

Federer has spent 310 weeks as the No. 1 ranked player in the world (ranked No. 1 for 237 consecutive weeks

Federer's success does not hold strictly to hard courts, his most successful surface is grass where he has won an Open Era record 19 grass court titles including an all-time record 10 Halle Open titles and an all-time record of 8 Wimbledon titles. He reached an all-time record 7 consecutive Wimbledon finals from 2003–09 and is the only player to achieve this feat in the Open Era. Federer has the longest grass court winning streak in the Open Era as he won 65 consecutive matches on grass from 2003 to 2008 where he was beaten by Rafael Nadal in the 2008 Wimbledon final.

. He has also made it to 23 consecutive men's Grand Slam semifinals and 36 consecutive men's Grand Slam quarter-finals, records

thats just crazy 23 straight semi finals

Federer has NEVER retired during a match