lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Astros laughing at MLB

They can now hire a good manager ( hinch was an idiot) and team will be hungry to prove to people they are still great.

Showalter?

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Still cheating scum
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Mackballs 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shocka1212, and asiagambler

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

big balls knows........

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

NO MLB Laughing at the Stro's. This cheating scandal will have a negative effect on their organization for years to come.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

Easy-Rider 66

I know NE bounced back quickly from their scandals but that is different because of Brady being the QB imo.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    NO MLB Laughing at the Stro's. This cheating scandal will have a negative effect on their organization for years to come.
    Lol. MLB wants gullible fans like you. They didn’t suspend any players because the commissioner is weak. The manager tried to stop the cheating yet he was the one who got suspended. Why? The commissioner can’t touch the players

Negative effects? How? Like the New England patriots right?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Everyone will be laughing at the Astros this season and in the future. For this year, they will rocket back to the worst strikeout team in mlb. Just like they were in 2016. Their 2-strike hitting? Bwahahahahha! They will no longer be the best in that department either.

Future laughter will come when none of those slimeball cheating players ever make the Mlb hall of fame

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Lol. MLB wants gullible fans like you. They didn’t suspend any players because the commissioner is weak. The manager tried to stop the cheating yet he was the one who got suspended. Why? The commissioner can’t touch the players

Negative effects? How? Like the New England patriots right?
    just my 2 cents. Their title is tainted now. See post #5 on NE PLus more will come out of this mess. Good day.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Everyone will be laughing at the Astros this season and in the future. For this year, they will rocket back to the worst strikeout team in mlb. Just like they were in 2016. Their 2-strike hitting? Bwahahahahha! They will no longer be the best in that department either.

Future laughter will come when none of those slimeball cheating players ever make the Mlb hall of fame

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Houston will start to slip now, they had a nice run but it is all over

Look for Yanks to start dominating

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

stros might take it all next year

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It’s not quite bull durham but it’s a pretty big advantage

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

There was a reason they never won one before 2017. I hate the nats but im sure glad they won it now. if karma holds true to form, the astros wont win another til..2103..it seems when you rig something it takes an 86 year cycle to complete the journey.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Astros got off cheap if you ask me.
    The fines levied is nothing but pocket change to ownership, and the draft picks they lose amount to bottom tier picks.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

champlain

It would be so awkward if they win the World Series this year
    Last edited by champlain; 01-17-20 at 01:55 PM.

champlain

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The fines levied is nothing but pocket change to ownership, and the draft picks they lose amount to bottom tier picks.
    That’s because it’s a dog and pony show. They want the public appearance that they care but they really don’t. This is just p.r. and they want this to go away(that’s why they only suspended the manager and the gm). They couldn’t make this go away all tidy if they tried to suspend the players.

They could have taken international pool money but they didn’t do that because in the end, the commissioner works for the owners
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave champlain 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I guess just toss an * up next to the last 20 years or so.................. IMO if proven the players and coaches should be banned for life...and the fine should be 100X..........

Should the pitcher and catcher get an electronic device to call pitches?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

On point
    Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    That’s because it’s a dog and pony show. They want the public appearance that they care but they really don’t. This is just p.r. and they want this to go away(that’s why they only suspended the manager and the gm). They couldn’t make this go away all tidy if they tried to suspend the players.

They could have taken international pool money but they didn’t do that because in the end, the commissioner works for the owners

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

cheaters never usually win

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Altuve has been so clutch post season, guy somehow knew what was coming, now comes out guy had a buzzer inside his jersey buzzing what was coming, that's too much players should get some suspension

champlain

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Altuve has been so clutch post season, guy somehow knew what was coming, now comes out guy had a buzzer inside his jersey buzzing what was coming, that's too much players should get some suspension
    MLB says they didn’t find evidence this happened wink wink.

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66392

Points Awarded:

asiagambler gave Getch13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chili_Powder gave Getch13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

They will be booed in every stadium in America. MLB should've banned the players for at least 1 season

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    That might be but the bias and pressure on the whole organization will stay for 5+ years at least...

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    They will be booed in every stadium in America. MLB should've banned the players for at least 1 season
    Agreed, I know its all the management who did come up with that shit, but if nobody confessed and went along with it...its basically when 10 people shot somebody, 1 shooter than 9 guys keep quiet, everybody is responsible... u get the point...not on the same scale but still

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

If I were Chapman next season the first chance he faces Altuve I’d put one of those 105 mph fastballs in his ear.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

beltran had a chance to go to the hall of the fame. now? no way

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Holy Moly. Probably been doing it ever since he's been good or his whole career. Big time contracts by cheating. Set for life by cheating. Nothing new. Cheaters always win. See steroid era. And yet, don't think lots of these guys aren't still on stuff they are just a step ahead and can beat the testing.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Still cheating scum
    Ya well so are the Pats and they are still laughing at all of us

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

I enjoyed watching altuve in the post season but if what’s being said is true penetrate that guy.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Hopefuly he will suck this year and deservedly get booed bigtime, if, in fact this is true.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    Hopefuly he will suck this year and deservedly get booed bigtime, if, in fact this is true.
    Yeah every time he hit those clutch shots Kershaw, maeda, yu, and especially Chapman was thinking this guys unbelievable, he reads mind, if u think about the Chapman curve ball u think it was dumb by Chapman since he has one of the best fast balls and nearly always goes to it in big/clutch moments but Chapman was ready for the curve ball.

Really dumb mlb saying they haven't found any evidence, this is too big to hide and there's going to be someone going to spill their guts very soon with all the internet sleuths coming out

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Here's what Altuve told reporters, including Mark Berman of KRIV Fox 26:

"Believe me, at the end of the year everything will be fine. We're gonna be in the World Series again. People don't believe it. We will. We made it last year. We were one game away from winning it all. I'm happy for the Nationals. We will be in the World Series again."

"You don't want anyone to call you (a cheater). I have two options. One you just cry, or go out and play the game and perform and help my team and you know which one I'm gonna do."

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I hope that little midget altuve gets drilled every time at the plate

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

A-Rod busted (multiple times), now he's a celebrated ESPN personality
    Ryan Braun placed the "he's an anti semite" card, ruined the career of a lab worker, before taking his punishment...makes 19 mil a year

No Astros players paying any price because they have a union and a pretty tight CBA. Until one player actually breaks ranks with actual proof (admission of a buzzer with proof etc) - then they'll just fall into the ranks for the other cheaters.

I'm not surprised they used tech to try and cheat, I'm surprised they (kind of) got caught.

Houston Asterisks

12 Last