clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Bo was the best dual pro athlete I've ever seen.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Bo Knows...

Kyler doesn't know...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Jeff Samardzija was better than Bo he was basically a white Terrell Owens.
    I remember Bo at the Heisman trophy ceremony.

I can't quite recall Jeff at the "basically white Terrel Owens" banquet.

Can't quite picture which team drafted Jeff or which team he tried to accomplish the actual Herculean task of being a a professional football player with.

I do remember Bo's all Star starting year where he hit a HR. I think he got MVP votes that year. I don't recall Samardijza in the all Star bullpen. I don't think he ever got a single cy young vote.

No is however prob the most over rated duel sport athlete based on actual stats and accomplishments,but not on raw ability.

Brian Jordan most modern underated and Dick Groat most all time under rated.

Samardijza one of hundreds with one professional resume and one or more high level amateur resumes.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Bo was the best dual pro athlete I've ever seen.
    Or Deion.

If you include old timers than it's Jim Thorpe and Bob Hayes.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Or Deion.

If you include old timers than it's Jim Thorpe and Bob Hayes.
    You leave out so many "old timers"

It's very rare that people mention the only mainstream two sport pro athlete that was inducted into the basketball hall of fame in one of the sports.

The dearth of knowledge in this subject area is amazing to me in this era of finger tip Google era.

It informs my personal opinion on how serious to take any sort of hot take or opinion from a media person, social media post, or forum post

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He had 2200 yards and 28 tds his last 2 years he could of easily played in the NFL. He made over 100 million playing baseball and only had to risk ruining his arm not his whole body.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    You leave out so many "old timers"

It's very rare that people mention the only mainstream two sport pro athlete that was inducted into the basketball hall of fame in one of the sports.

The dearth of knowledge in this subject area is amazing to me in this era of finger tip Google era.

It informs my personal opinion on how serious to take any sort of hot take or opinion from a media person, social media post, or forum post
    Trust me, I could have named a dozen more 'old timers' that I learned about when I was in grade school, but the two that came to me immediately were Hayes and Thorpe.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This thread seems like it's titleD wrong.

You mean to say that Murray will be like the next Bo because of two sports, right?

You're not actually implying that Murray is the next Bo Jackson? Right???

RIGHT???
    Bo Jackson is the greatest two-sport star in history as far as I'm concerned.

Just watch the clip of him running over -- trampling, really -- Brian Bosworth (AKA known
    as the most overhyped linebacker EVER) just outside the goal line. The guy was a freight train
    with pads on!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by cybersharp View Post
    Brian Bosworth (AKA known
    as the most overhyped linebacker EVER) !
    Mark Gastineau gives Bos a run for his money.
    Gastineau was a DE though.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He had 2200 yards and 28 tds his last 2 years he could of easily played in the NFL. He made over 100 million playing baseball and only had to risk ruining his arm not his whole body.
    Again

let us know when he grows the Balls to actually take 1 NFL hit

AND do another sport

it’s a different category to speculate on those that maybe had the physicality they Could go though mini camp, pre season, make the team, get on the field , be a positive contributer on the field and amass some actual stats etc.

Very few actually go through all the gruesome nitty gritty details and star on the field.

many supposedly had the “potential”.

But it’s not worth talking about, unless they actually did it. Because they reason they didn’t was, because it’s super hard and even thinking about the risk of trying both might prevent you from becoming accomplished and making $ for your family in any sport.

it takes a special big set of huge balls to put ALL your future earnings on the line because you truly believe you are sooo good in both that you without a doubt think you are good enough to get paid millions in both.

if you miscalculate you’re going from having a nice living in one sport and making millions, to making zero.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

I dont even really remember Deion as a Baseball player. He was a flash in the pan as far as that went.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I dont even really remember Deion as a Baseball player. He was a flash in the pan as far as that went.
    Bo had 2626 plates appearances Deion had 2325. Bo had more power but Deion had high BA OBP and was a better base runner and defender. The numbers say they had equal careers in baseball and Deion actually played for good teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Deion played a MLB Game and an NFL game the same day. Publicity stunt, but still a tremendous feat.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

I think Kyler is contractually prohibited from trying baseball. Until/unless he bombs out of the NFL(he won't), Baseball is out.

First 12