Excellent hire

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Like the Move here.

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

Anything to keep the Big 12 easily winnable for 0u. Maybe we get to see 0u get blown out again next year?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

lol... unreal

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

No one wants the Giants job. They don’t want to work with Gettleman because he’s an idiot. Rhule and McCarthy both chose other spots

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Good hiring. Either he will try and win with newton, or they sign one of the big name free agents

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

giants were better off firing Gettleman too and starting fresh. once again they will have to settle for a 2nd tier candidate.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    No one wants the Giants job. They don’t want to work with Gettleman because he’s an idiot. Rhule and McCarthy both chose other spots
    Yep. So they hire a New England position coach. lmao

stake1

Panthers gave Rhule a 7 year contract for 60 mill. Has incentives in it that can take the total up to 70 mill

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

overrated, guy will be gone in 2 years

stake1

Rhule goes from the big12 directly to the top of the food chain. Sixth highest paid coach in the nfl!

Only Belichick, Carroll, Gruden, Payton, and Harbaugh make more than Rhule

stake1

Guy more than doubled his salary from this year

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Giants weren't handing out that much cabbage to a first-time NFL coach. But now you get leftovers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    cant win in nfl without a qb

thread over

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

As I said in previous thread guy was bitch slapped by Georgia’s JV squad in the bowl game. Was a horses ass at Temple.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

What a dumbass move by Carolina.They should have kept Ron and given him some decent help with players.Another college clown that will bust.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    As I said in previous thread guy was bitch slapped by Georgia’s JV squad in the bowl game. Was a horses ass at Temple.
    I still feel like Giants got a better coach imo.

also, Funny posting this thread to see if I would blow a gasket or not. I didn't, but I'm not gonna lie.. I thought I would.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24774

$60MM for Ruhle for 8 years with incentives for up to $70MM.
    Thats Unbelievable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...0-million-deal

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    $60MM for Ruhle for 8 years with incentives for up to $70MM.
    Thats Unbelievable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...0-million-deal
    I thought it was a little crazy until I saw the clown the gmen hired! If that was the alternative panthers did the right thing!!! Lol. Rhule a proven program builder, i like his chances to do the same thing in Carolina where saints nearing the end, falcons are all over the map, and Bucs are the Bucs. I’d bet even with the lessor roster panthers are doing better than giants in no time!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I still feel like Giants got a better coach imo.

also, Funny posting this thread to see if I would blow a gasket or not. I didn't, but I'm not gonna lie.. I thought I would.
    I feel like you letting your emotions get in the way. Another terrible hire for gmen. Pats wr coach? Let’s forget for a second how bad most hoody disciples have been and just focus on the fact pats wrs have been awful and Edelman was last one they developed into anything!!! I guess giants might have a good punt block unit? lol. Gettelman proves once again mediocre gms tend to hire bad coaches. Hopefully for your sake this one sinks him as well!!

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Was pretty impressive what he did at Baylor especially with all the sanctions that program had. Brought them back from outta the ashes

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Was pretty impressive what he did at Baylor especially with all the sanctions that program had. Brought them back from outta the ashes
    He took temple and Baylor from nothing into very good programs: cracks me up the ppl who try to discredit him cause the Sooners or Uga games. Coaching only goes so far when you don’t have the horses/depth of talent as the big boys. Had he stayed at Baylor a few more years I’d dare to say they would have been a perennial force.

Guy has taken nothing programs and turned them around in very short order., id expect he does a good job in carolina. Panthers were smart to keep him from getting on that plane to ny. They needed to do it since I’m not convinced firing riverboat Ron was a great move.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 01-07-20 at 04:02 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Players win championships not coaches every sport

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Players win championships not coaches every sport
    Head coach is the nfl is a huge deal. Id say other than a qb the headcoach is most important in nfl

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Head coach is the nfl is a huge deal. Id say other than a qb the headcoach is most important in nfl
    Yep. Definitely every bit as important as any single players on the field. Coaches build great teams not players. They just pieces on the chess board.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

If you don't think the head coach matters in NFL just look at the Dallas Cowboys

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Actually GM’s and owners build great teams. Look at the Rams as prime examples.

With that being said he will be out of the league in 3 years taking over the USC job. Big difference motivating 18 year old kids then professional athletes. I doubt he’s the “program builder” many talked about. 6 years 70 mil give me a break.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    If you don't think the head coach matters in NFL just look at the Dallas Cowboys
    What you think bout McCarthy hire? I thought he be a way better fit in Cleveland where they could use his stability. Dallas already has developed players that i thought would be better served with a innovative coach.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    What you think bout McCarthy hire? I thought he be a way better fit in Cleveland where they could use his stability. Dallas already has developed players that i thought would be better served with a innovative coach.
    Depends if he's just the head coach or also calling plays. I think he's perfect as motivator type but his offense is outdated, somehow had a below average offense at GB despite having an all time great QB

All in all, a very safe hire given his experience and pedigree but as you said, they need an innovative guy to really take their offense to a new level

asiagambler

Actually GM’s and owners build great teams. Look at the Rams as prime examples.

With that being said he will be out of the league in 3 years taking over the USC job. Big difference motivating 18 year old kids then professional athletes. I doubt he’s the “program builder” many talked about. 6 years 70 mil give me a break.
    I think he's one of the top college coaches but for sure, doesn't always translate to success in the pros. Can't really blame him for taking the money though, he's just selling himself at the top of the market

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Depends if he's just the head coach or also calling plays. I think he's perfect as motivator type but his offense is outdated, somehow had a below average offense at GB despite having an all time great QB

All in all, a very safe hire given his experience and pedigree but as you said, they need an innovative guy to really take their offense to a new level
    Yea I think who he hires as OC will say a lot., don’t like he never had a good run game in GB. In fairness to him ppl talking bout pack this year must not realize their offense really isn’t any better, different, they now have a good run game but the passing offense hasn’t been as good and the defensive moves they made in offseason are a big part of that 13-3 record.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I feel like you letting your emotions get in the way. Another terrible hire for gmen. Pats wr coach? Let’s forget for a second how bad most hoody disciples have been and just focus on the fact pats wrs have been awful and Edelman was last one they developed into anything!!! I guess giants might have a good punt block unit? lol. Gettelman proves once again mediocre gms tend to hire bad coaches. Hopefully for your sake this one sinks him as well!!
    was the special teams coach as well as well as the special teams coach for Nick saban beforehand. His unit has been in the top 10 in the league the past 4 or 5 years... pretty smart guy also.

odd to be writing the guy off before seeing him coach a game. if we're scaling off this past season, then I guess we can expect the panthers to get smoked (again) everytime they play a playoff team.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 01-07-20 at 08:53 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

The Panthers are the only NFL team with a new head coach, all new coordinators and a new starting QB this season. They also return a league-low 46.9% of total snaps from last year. One of the fascinatitng teams to watch in a zero preseason game season.

12 Last