Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

they deserve jail time

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Naive to do it so openly.

The ones careful enough not to be caught are the real problem.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Great point

But unfortunately for them Draftkings will claim that ignorance isn't an excuse and that rules are rules

RudyRuetigger

i made a post about shit like this on a fantasy forum 2 months ago

got a warning about forum etiquette

they are all slimeballs that i want to bury

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Fake news. Everyone does this. DraftKings doesn't limit each player to 1 line up only, why? Because DraftKings wants the MONEY. Unless DraftKings cares more about integrity than profit, these two will be paid.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Great point

But unfortunately for them Draftkings will claim that ignorance isn't an excuse and that rules are rules
    Not really, they were smart enough to make 298 random line ups and 2 that were identical so basically thrown away to prevent DraftKings from being 100% sure they cheated.

Unless it is 100% clear they cheated, they should (and will) be paid.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

funniest part of the story is one of their buddies, Chris Randone (also a former bachelor/paradise contestant and major doofus) sent a tweet out to Tanner congratulating him on the win, but in fact it was his wife who won.

That raised some eyebrows and he quickly deleted the tweet

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    Not really, they were smart enough to make 298 random line ups and 2 that were identical so basically thrown away to prevent DraftKings from being 100% sure they cheated.

Unless it is 100% clear they cheated, they should (and will) be paid.
    It’s 100% clear they cheated, the 298 lineups were not random.

Of Jade’s lineups, 95.33% were built around Deshaun Watson, Ryan Tannehill, and Josh Allen, three AFC QBs who played on Saturday. Of Tanner’s lineups, 98.67% were built around Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Carson Wentz, three NFC signal callers who played on Sunday.

RudyRuetigger

they better be fukkin banned

its almost like BTP here

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    they better be fukkin banned

its almost like BTP here
    I was concerned about what may happen with Pick6 this year too, but I think we really need to give some kudos to the guys who spent a lot of time monitoring and banning sus entries.

I think they actually did very well in keeping it mostly clean in the end.

RudyRuetigger

I was concerned about what may happen with Pick6 this year too, but I think we really need to give some kudos to the guys who spent a lot of time monitoring and banning sus entries.

i dont even see the pick 6 contest listed in my history

like pascal said, no fukkin way rudedawgydog or whatever was a real person

im sure more fit the bill and that was probably the easiest one they set up to get caught

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

There's a big difference between a fantasy tourney and the pick 6 contest because the pick 6 contest is free to enter.

I see that what this guy did is breaking the rules, but I still don't see how it adversely affected other players or gave him an advantage.

Optional

i dont even see the pick 6 contest listed in my history

like pascal said, no fukkin way rudedawgydog or whatever was a real person

im sure more fit the bill and that was probably the easiest one they set up to get caught
    When you mentioned these things, particularly in relation to that contest, mods did take notice and check even if you got no response.

I saw this one mentioned and although I don't know, I'd be pretty surprised if it was not not double checked. A trolly name does not = double entry by itself.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    There's a big difference between a fantasy tourney and the pick 6 contest because the pick 6 contest is free to enter.

I see that what this guy did is breaking the rules, but I still don't see how it adversely affected other players or gave him an advantage.
    Agree.

I don't see any real argument, wiht any substance, that this pair should be paid.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

BUUUUT a little CYA goes a long way.......They honestly don't deserve the $.....

Optional

Oops. sorry Dlow, I misread first time.

We don't agree. At all.

Clearly got an advantage that was clearly against the rules.

PaperTrail07

I do....he had the max # playing.....she then played the rest of the combo's that he couldn't and they are married----enough said....they teamed up to create more combos and entries.....they don't see it/don't care because they don't care who wins and they make $...but when it gets exposed like this-IMO they need to put their foot down and actually enforce the rules they made...
    Agree.

I don't see any real argument, wiht any substance, that this pair should be paid.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

No doubt they cheated and this is probably standard procedure in fantasy; the biggest sucker game in sports betting.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

I don’t play DFS (primarily because it seems super shady when these stories come out) but clearly they colluded. 298 of their 300 lineups were unique.. what are the chances of that? She took 3 AFC QBs and he took 3 NFC QBs

If the rules are 150 max entries per person then them having 298 entries gives them an advantage, even over the single guy who ponies up $3750 to max out his 150 entries. Let alone the poor Joe Nobody who makes 1 entry

Again I don’t play DFS but this seems like an easy strategy and hard to detect if you aren’t a married “celebrity” couple. Does this happen often?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I don’t play DFS (primarily because it seems super shady when these stories come out) but clearly they colluded. 298 of their 300 lineups were unique.. what are the chances of that? She took 3 AFC QBs and he took 3 NFC QBs

If the rules are 150 max entries per person then them having 298 entries gives them an advantage, even over the single guy who ponies up $3750 to max out his 150 entries. Let alone the poor Joe Nobody who makes 1 entry

Again I don’t play DFS but this seems like an easy strategy and hard to detect if you aren’t a married “celebrity” couple. Does this happen often?

sure it happens very often, this Tanner guy made the mistake of using his high profile wife, and using his and her pics for profiles so the mainstream public made a big deal about this when they first noticed them.

If a group of friends or a group of us here at SBR wanted to communicate amongst ourselves we could have group of however many we want to pool our money, max out the entries for each user, use the analytic lineup creation software to ensure we all had the maxium amount of unique combinations and then split the winnings. if we all live all over, there is no way for draftkings or any fantasy site to be able to link or prove any collusion.

these people were just dumb, so it sort of reveals the great oz behind the curtain, to more naive average recreation daily fantasy players.

thus this is a HUGE blow to the entire industry

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

Like I said, I agree it's against the rules but I don't agree it gives them an advantage. Look at it this way, if they were able to take up all of the entries in the tourney would they have an advantage? If I happened to tie one of their lineups they made with QB X, that's made up for with all the dead money entries he made with QB Y.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

its basic stats they aren't submitting so many entries that their grand prize is diluted.

their ROI is still super high compared whether they have 150,300, or 1000 entries

you are also forgettiing that its not just the main prize

you can submit 300 entries and win cash with multiple entries, which is likely if you are wheeling around high leverage picks that pan out (like D.K metcalf or Derrick Henry.

So you could have 152 of your 300 entries win cash

still no advantage?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I do....he had the max # playing.....she then played the rest of the combo's that he couldn't and they are married----enough said....they teamed up to create more combos and entries.....they don't see it/don't care because they don't care who wins and they make $...but when it gets exposed like this-IMO they need to put their foot down and actually enforce the rules they made...
    Trying to enforce an unenforceable rule is a bit of a conundrum.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

Stick to playing single entry tournaments

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

The rule described in that article should not be allowed by any American gaming regulators. If a company has no problem taking the money when a bet is made, there should be no problems when it comes time for them to payout.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Oops. sorry Dlow, I misread first time.

We don't agree. At all.

Clearly got an advantage that was clearly against the rules.
    Is the advantage coming from the fact the prize structure is so top-heavy? What am I missing here, if they pay for it they can lose - so why do people have a problem with them winning? It must be how much they stand to win and the math isn't clear to me. Can anyone explain this in laymans terms plz

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

They reduced the risk of having to compete with duplicate entries. Because DFS pricing is so bad (and the number of NFL games so limited), there were a very limited number of players from whom competitive entrants were picking. It's different than the lottery bc there is no limit to the number of tickets sold, whereas there is a limit in DFS. And each ball is equally likely to return value, which is not the case in DFS.

If you take it too far and literally buy every entry, you lose the rake. But there is a sweet spot.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

good for her, as what I recall from seeing her pathetic skanky ass on t.v. was that her only real career options were sucking cok for a living or possibly doling out hand relief in a local rub n tug joint......

looks like she beat her potential customers (fantasy sports playing "can't get laid in a whorehouse" jerkoffs) at their own game.....

what a bunch of fuckin' losers, losing to a total whore....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-08-20 at 01:57 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

if you aint' cheating you aint' trying

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fantasy players are laugh it is the biggest sucker game in the world
    As opposed to posters that follow LBs constant losing plays?

PaperTrail07

You can enforce it when someone is so dumb they do it directly with their husband and talk about it in public IMO....
    Trying to enforce an unenforceable rule is a bit of a conundrum.

PhillipKessel
    PhillipKessel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    Stick to playing single entry tournaments
    There's plenty of cheating/collusion in the single-entry as well.

RudyRuetigger

dlowilly is fairly smart

cannot believe he isnt understanding this

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipKessel View Post
    There's plenty of cheating/collusion in the single-entry as well.
    i mainly play heads up and throw a fukkin bone in the gpps every once in a while

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

dlowilly is fairly smart

cannot believe he isnt understanding this

The only way you would convince Dlow that they weren't cheating is if her 150 entries exactly matched his 150 entries. Stop picking on Dlow, at least he tries.

First 123 Last