Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Under 34-9-1 since 2005

Amazing.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Amazing.
    Not when you consider all three academies have similar offensive schemes, it is as if they are defending each other at every practice.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1117

Not when you consider all three academies have similar offensive schemes, it is as if they are defending each other at every practice.
    Lotta depth to that statement if you think about it..

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

yes........ AND both teams eat clock with long time drives........ that's what I think is underestimating, that both teams do this... and probably against each other, they might go for it on 4th and short more. maybe against passing team they wouldn't. haven't thought this through

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Except Perry and Navy can keep defenses off balanced and actually throw.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

when I say both teams do X... I'm thinking it's multiplicative. so if they are 60% scorers, it's not 60% overall, it's 36% (60 squared) and against normal team it would be 80% (100% + 60% divided by 2)......

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Except Perry and Navy can keep defenses off balanced and actually throw.
    I was making a general statement to help explain the success of the Under over the years. I was not being specific about this year.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Buckandadime View Post
    Lotta depth to that statement if you think about it..
    Yes.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Funny thing is...the #1 offense and #1 defense rarely go against each other at practice. The defense is usually going against the scout team who is running that week’s opponent’s offense. So the Def only practices against it a couple of weeks a year.

The key is that the coaching staffs know what it takes to shut each other down and are good at implementing it. The key to stopping the option is not missing assignments...which these kids are usually pretty good at.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Was looking at Perry’s stats.....and he had a game where his passer rating was -133.3. He was 0-3 with 2 INT’s.

And Navy won 35-3 (against USF).

Another note is that Navy’s low team total for the year is 34 (and their last 5 games have an average total of 75).

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    Historically, its kind of remarkable how under this game has been.
    Hasn't been close (within a TD) to the O/U since 2010.

I know at least one or 2 times I’ve had same thoughts as nasher here. No chance I bet over. Think is like been mentioned they know each other’s offense and how to defend it much better than the other schools they play so they rarely get burnt for big plays they often get against others. No big plays and you get drives that eat up half a qrtr then often end in turnover (fumble or on downs), or a fg. 41 doesn’t seem so high when you consider how few possessions we will likely see.,

Sign me up for army +10.5

7 of last 8 been one possession games, few of those with lines over 2 tds! Doesn’t matter how far army fell off this year or how either these teams seasons have went, when they play you throw that shit out the window and when you can get more than a td you take it imo. If it loses so be it, recent history says it be close, total says points are incredibly valuable. Seems like the high percentage play to me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I think it’s time to take a long extended break from SBR.

You got a bald headed fuk defending Bear who is detrimental in two ways to these boards, he’s driving away good posters with countless inane threads while at the same time preventing potential new members from joining due to the inane content a potential new member reads before deciding he’s not going to spend minute or dollar one here.

Yet posters like Bear get coddled by mods like Gold.
    Fukk them, it our forum not theirs. Didn’t think you be one to let retards get to you.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I’m with Banker...I think +10.5 is too many points in this rivalry.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Final score will be 13-10. Take the points and under. You have two of the worst offenses in the country playing in this game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Navy a powerhouse this year and Army terrible guys are not doing their homework here
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Gold you up from your nap I see.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Navy a powerhouse this year and Army terrible guys are not doing their homework here
    Lmfao. It is you who is not. Homework would tell you a few years back army was so bad they were 21 point dogs and guess what. One score game. Another year 16.5 point dogs, again one score game. Twice in last decade has a team covered more than a td. How good either team been this season completely irrelevant, they know each other so well and their styles making it such a few possession game dictates it usually close despite the discrepancies in their seasons.

As if that not enough army was thought to be better than they were this year so the talent still there and you know it will come out in this game. The fact they had a bad year Is the reason to take them getting the inflated number.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

I’m bumping this up an hour before game time.
    Might as well make this the in game thread too.

My go to book 5Dimes has the game line at Navy -11.5 (-102 reduced juice Army -108)
    I’m laying off the side for a few reasons. This is the Super Bowl for Army (and Navy too) so I expect Army to be extremely motivated, the could cover this 11.5 but on the other hand this is one of the best Navy teams that has a QB in Perry that’s similar to the Ravens Jackson that is a monster runner who can actually throw the ball too.

I can’t fade Navy either because they are the superior team with a step on your throat mentally but I can’t spot Army 11.5 points either for reasons I explained.

The total is sitting on 41 (over is juiced at -107)

I just added 150 to win 140 more on the over 41.
    Now I respect those who like the under due to past results but I maintain that past performances have no bearing on a game that’s being played in the present.

Navy has demonstrated this season they can score in bunches, they have that ‘we don’t lie down and stop until the end of the game whistle is blown’ mentality and even for two schools that like to run the option 41 is not a high number.

Lastly the the rain has stopped in Philly and will not rain all afternoon, the temperature right now is 54 and the wind is pretty calm at 8mph.

The field may be a tad slick but it’s by no means a nightmare.

i don’t expect everyone to tail and I don’t expect them to.

I just added 150 more to win 140 (I’m confident) on the over 41 to make it a total of 205 to win 190.
    Tail, pass, or fade good luck to all.

2daBank

I don’t like the under cause of the history. It just keeping my off the over. Love gettin the points tho. Here’s to a 27-20 type game! Gl bro

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

How many pts are you expecting from army?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

not even official if army starting qb is playing might wanna know that beforehand although the 2nd string may be better

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    not even official if army starting qb is playing might wanna know that beforehand although the 2nd string may be better
    Doesn’t matter imo. I never care who playing qb for the service academies. I expect they all well versed and capable of running the option or they wouldn’t be there.

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

I made the mistake of betting an over in army vs air force earlier this season. it didn't pay well. I told myself I would never do that again in a service academy match up. Good luck

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Doesn’t matter imo. I never care who playing qb for the service academies. I expect they all well versed and capable of running the option or they wouldn’t be there.
    it matters man, navy's qb sucked last year and air force qbs sucked the last 2 years before this yr in all of the service academy games

2daBank

it matters man, navy's qb sucked last year and air force qbs sucked the last 2 years before this yr in all of the service academy games
    I watched AF use like 3 different QBs this year and I couldn’t tell one from the other. Doesn’t matter to me, might to you. Obviously Perry for navy would impact them cause he a huge part of their offense but I don’t know or care who army qb is.

jtoler

I watched AF use like 3 different QBs this year and I couldn’t tell one from the other. Doesn’t matter to me, might to you. Obviously Perry for navy would impact them cause he a huge part of their offense but I don’t know or care who army qb is.
    because air force is good this yr last 2 yrs not so much hopkins for army isnt even that good anyway and his leg may still be hurt the qb is the engine for these teams when he isnt that good they dont have a good record he's the big decision maker on the option but if the 2nd string goes he may be better his passing stats are good both teams might catch one another sleeping on a few long pass plays

2daBank

because air force is good this yr last 2 yrs not so much hopkins for army isnt even that good anyway and his leg may still be hurt the qb is the engine for these teams when he isnt that good they dont have a good record he's the big decision maker on the option but if the 2nd string goes he may be better his passing stats are good both teams might catch one another sleeping on a few long pass plays
    I just doubt there a big it any drop off between the 2, that is all.

BetThenSweat
    BetThenSweat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16134

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    I made the mistake of betting an over in army vs air force earlier this season. it didn't pay well. I told myself I would never do that again in a service academy match up. Good luck
    YES SIR, I AGREE WITH YOU!
    I am not a professional capper, but it seems to me based on history and today's current teams the safest bet is probably tease Army and the under if you enjoy playing teasers. Navy is the better team this year but for some strange reason these two teams just matchup well.

BetThenSweat

I just doubt there a big it any drop off between the 2, that is all.
    Hello GANGSTER BANKSTER, it is good to see you as always.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BetThenSweat View Post
    YES SIR, I AGREE WITH YOU!
    I am not a professional capper, but it seems to me based on history and today's current teams the safest bet is probably tease Army and the under if you enjoy playing teasers. Navy is the better team this year but for some strange reason these two teams just matchup well.
    I’d be way quicker to parlay army/under than sacrifice payout to add 6 points,, although now that army up to +11 or even 11.5 getting them above 17 and the total to 47 does seem pretty safe-ish.

BetThenSweat

[QUOTE=2daBank;29119236]I’d be way quicker to parlay army/under than sacrifice payout to add 6 points,, although now that army up to +11 or even 11.5 getting them above 17 and the total to 47 does seem

Cool

jtoler

if army were to win that gives them 6 but I dont think they can go to a bowl that may cut some motivation out even though this is their big rival game however silly that may sound

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

if army were to win that gives them 6 but I dont think they can go to a bowl that may cut some motivation out even though this is their big rival game however silly that may sound
    I don't think either of these teams cares about anything today but beating their opponent on the field in front of them. Some of these guys this will be there last game playing college football. I don't think either of these squads gives a damn about their potential bowl game. This is going to be all out effort from both teams.

Bluewater
    Bluewater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3549

Might mean diddly squat but both teams went way , way over just saying so under as both defenses got embarrassed

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    I don't think either of these teams cares about anything today but beating their opponent on the field in front of them. Some of these guys this will be there last game playing college football. I don't think either of these squads gives a damn about their potential bowl game. This is going to be all out effort from both teams.
    pretty much agree

First 12345 ... Last