Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

William Belichick is 54-66 without Tom Brady.

Greatest coach ever, but let's see what this guy does when Brady says .

Hasn't never once done anything without him. Meanwhile, Brady was very successful on the collegiate level without Bill.

I would like to see Brady go to a team like the Jags for example. Or the Bears. Vikings. Etc. A team that's already in a good position to win.

Brett Favre had the best year of his career at like age 42 or some shit. When the Saints put a bounty on his ass in the playoffs.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Aren't we already kind of seeing it? Brady's arm strength has declined a lot this year. Can't really push the ball downfield

Patriots were fine when Garropolo had a brief stint and went 11-5 when Brady was out for the year

I think those results are more valid than from his time at Cleveland which was ages ago and his first head coaching job

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Ya, Brady needs to look in the mirror. Seems like Brady has LeBron syndrome, trying to blame all the problems on anyone but himself. He is going to end up like Favre and make himself look like an average clown if he keeps going. Just quit while you are ahead and go out a star.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Stupid thread. He lost 44 of them while coaching Cleveland. Went 5-11 first year in NE w Bledsoe and 11-5 in 08 w Cassell.

greatest nfl coach of all time is Bill
    greatest qb of all time is Tom

greatest blowhard fade at sbr is goat boy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unlearn, and bigtymer56

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

GoatClown strikes yet again, Seaweed material

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its all Brady always was

Billy is a great defensive coach though which has helped although brady won all the games

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

From what I understand, his time in Cleveland was not a complete failure.
    The staff, with Nick Saban as DC, to a man feel the system was in place to build a contender.
    They developed an entirely new way to quantify the draft that was ahead of its time.

I am a huge Patriot and Brady guy. BUT Belichick is the greatest HC in the history of the NFL.
    Brady as great as he is, made his greatest contribution to the Pats by never taking ALL the $$$.
    I also 100% believe the NFL is far and away the most difficult sport to consistently win.
    53 players who all have to contribute. Every fukkin game counts, no "load MGT. bullshit". HARD salary cap.
    Turnover of players due to injury. Weather. Turnover of coaches, coordinators all think they should be HC, but most fail.

I don`t know dick about hockey, but MLB/NBA head coaches would implode trying to figure out the complexities of an NFL team.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wow great stuff man

Tom is the GOAT

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Aren't we already kind of seeing it? Brady's arm strength has declined a lot this year. Can't really push the ball downfield

Patriots were fine when Garropolo had a brief stint and went 11-5 when Brady was out for the year

I think those results are more valid than from his time at Cleveland which was ages ago and his first head coaching job
    He was like 5-11 with Bledsoe.

And Patriots missed the playoffs. I can't believe ppl bring this up. It's laughable. Has Brady even missed the playoffs before in like 20 years or whatever?

Cassel did not make the playoffs. Case closed. What does this mean? Simple. He didn't win the big games in the division.

Garapollo didn't do shit. He won a few regular season games. Is he capable of carrying the Patriots to the playoffs year after year and winning rings?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Stupid thread. He lost 44 of them while coaching Cleveland. Went 5-11 first year in NE w Bledsoe and 11-5 in 08 w Cassell.

greatest nfl coach of all time is Bill
    greatest qb of all time is Tom

greatest blowhard fade at sbr is goat boy.
    Stupid thread, yet here you are. As usual, I own you.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, Brady needs to look in the mirror. Seems like Brady has LeBron syndrome, trying to blame all the problems on anyone but himself. He is going to end up like Favre and make himself look like an average clown if he keeps going. Just quit while you are ahead and go out a star.
    Favre had the best year of his career in Minny. By far.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    The staff, with Nick Saban as DC, to a man feel the system was in place to build a contender.
    They developed an entirely new way to quantify the draft that was ahead of its time.

I am a huge Patriot and Brady guy. BUT Belichick is the greatest HC in the history of the NFL.
    Brady as great as he is, made his greatest contribution to the Pats by never taking ALL the $$$.
    I also 100% believe the NFL is far and away the most difficult sport to consistently win.
    53 players who all have to contribute. Every fukkin game counts, no "load MGT. bullshit". HARD salary cap.
    Turnover of players due to injury. Weather. Turnover of coaches, coordinators all think they should be HC, but most fail.

I don`t know dick about hockey, but MLB/NBA head coaches would implode trying to figure out the complexities of an NFL team.
    I agree, and I've said Bill the greatest coach ever.

You know what's laughable though?

When people point to an 11-5, yet no playoff appearance, season without Brady.

Lol.

Big games are won by big players, not coaches.

When the Rams got shut down in the Super Bowl last year, Bill's scheme only worked because there's hall of famers on that defense.

What ppl overlook about Brady is his leadership. Leadership doesn't show up on his immaculate stat sheet.

Leadership is the reason all these guys want to go to NE. You think they go there to play for a grumpy old man?

No. They go to play with a fiery leader who holds himself accountable.

Aaron Rodgers? He's an arrogant fukk.

And you're right, Brady takes less money. That says a lot to other players during the recruiting process.

These are the things non-athletes on this site don't understand.

Once Brady is gone there will be a franchise wide affect on the Patriots.

It's no different than the Spurs once Duncan was KOd.

Greatest coach in Pop hasn't come close to winning anything since.

Players win the games bro.

Only an athlete would understand.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He was like 5-11 with Bledsoe.

And Patriots missed the playoffs. I can't believe ppl bring this up. It's laughable. Has Brady even missed the playoffs before in like 20 years or whatever?

Cassel did not make the playoffs. Case closed. What does this mean? Simple. He didn't win the big games in the division.

Garapollo didn't do shit. He won a few regular season games. Is he capable of carrying the Patriots to the playoffs year after year and winning rings?
    That was a total fluke he missed the playoffs that year. I think only time ever an 11-5 team missed the playoffs. Can't really fault him for that. 11-5 is still an impressive record with a backup QB

Garropolo didn't do much because he didn't play much. He's playing fine in SF and they're basically guaranteed playoffs. You're saying Belichick couldn't do at least the same with him?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    That was a total fluke he missed the playoffs that year. I think only time ever an 11-5 team missed the playoffs. Can't really fault him for that. 11-5 is still an impressive record with a backup QB

Garropolo didn't do much because he didn't play much. He's playing fine in SF and they're basically guaranteed playoffs. You're saying Belichick couldn't do at least the same with him?
    If you want to talk reg season wins, I think Bill can put up good numbers without Brady. If you want to talk rings, without Brady, he'd have zero. Did you know that Brady has a game winning drive in every single Super Bowl he's ever played, except for I believe Rams game which he had a first down to seal it I believe? Even in the ones that he lost, did you know that Brady had what would have been a game winning drive if the defense didn't bend?

People talk about that Seattle game. People forget there was still like 30 sec on the clock, Patriots had 1-2 timeouts, and only needed a FG to tie if they allowed a TD. And Brady had just scored 2 tds in the 4th, 1 in the final moments of the 4th, against the greatest defenses ever. That turned out to be the game winning drive with like 3 min left.

Did you know even in the three games that Brady lost in the finals, and he had a near game winning drive that didn't work out, he chucked 3 hailmarys in the end zone that were all nearly caught?

You need a legendary QB to make those plays when the lights are brightest.

Cassel not making the playoffs wasn't a fluke. I believe he lost a crucial game or 2 to the Jets, a game Brady was notorious for winning during Rex Ryan's reign. That comes down to pressure. That comes down to nerves. That comes down to clutchness, not coaching bro.

Bill is a great coach. And coaches win a lot of games. But players win championships.

Book this thread when Brady retires and let's see what Bill does.

asiagambler

If you want to talk reg season wins, I think Bill can put up good numbers without Brady. If you want to talk rings, without Brady, he'd have zero. Did you know that Brady has a game winning drive in every single Super Bowl he's ever played, except for I believe Rams game which he had a first down to seal it I believe? Even in the ones that he lost, did you know that Brady had what would have been a game winning drive if the defense didn't bend?

People talk about that Seattle game. People forget there was still like 30 sec on the clock, Patriots had 1-2 timeouts, and only needed a FG to tie if they allowed a TD. And Brady had just scored 2 tds in the 4th, 1 in the final moments of the 4th, against the greatest defenses ever. That turned out to be the game winning drive with like 3 min left.

Did you know even in the three games that Brady lost in the finals, and he had a near game winning drive that didn't work out, he chucked 3 hailmarys in the end zone that were all nearly caught?

You need a legendary QB to make those plays when the lights are brightest.

Cassel not making the playoffs wasn't a fluke. I believe he lost a crucial game or 2 to the Jets, a game Brady was notorious for winning during Rex Ryan's reign. That comes down to pressure. That comes down to nerves. That comes down to clutchness, not coaching bro.

Bill is a great coach. And coaches win a lot of games. But players win championships.

Book this thread when Brady retires and let's see what Bill does.
    But you don't need a legendary quarterback to win a Super Bowl. Nick Foles? Peyton Manning (with Denver)? Joe Flacco?

You can even point to last year, Brady was already showing signs of decline. Brady wasn't the reason they won and as such he didn't win the Super Bowl MVP, Edelman did. I still remember the speech Edelman gave where he thanked the fans and I should have won my +1000 prop bet but for some reason they graded it a loser

But anyway, the point is you can win a Super Bowl with a game manager QB as long as you have good parts around him like a strong defense and ground game. You don't think Belichick can construct a roster like that? That's crazy talk!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jets were hard back then, they beat Brady 2/3 the next season.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

cleveland clowns fired bill, he was nothing, just a clown

brady saved his career

Greatest coach ever, but let's see what this guy does when Brady says .

Hasn't never once done anything without him. Meanwhile, Brady was very successful on the collegiate level without Bill.

I would like to see Brady go to a team like the Jags for example. Or the Bears. Vikings. Etc. A team that's already in a good position to win.

Brett Favre had the best year of his career at like age 42 or some shit. When the Saints put a bounty on his ass in the playoffs.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Brady couldnt beat out Drew Henson before he came to Pats

Yulia74

that was college, means nothing

Yulia74

joe montana was at one point a seventh-string quarterback for notre dame

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

He put together the majority of the team that won the 2000 SB. He just didn't get to coach it, because the former Browns/Ravens owner was a dumbass.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Brady couldnt beat out Drew Henson before he came to Pats
    You probably should go and do some research there. Henson's hype was ridiculous. And it was Brady who was starting would have a lead they would put Henson in, start losing and then Brady would go back in and typically win the game.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Pats need to move on from both of them. Lane Kiffin is a good fit as next coach.