pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

No reason to come back. At least get hit or hurt in the pros with some guaranteed money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not an nfl QB

Needs another year

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is not an nfl QB

Needs another year
    You on crack. Without the injury concerns he is best qb in this draft.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is not an nfl QB

Needs another year
    Stop listening to Rocco

2daBank

He a left handed Russ Wilson but jj says he not a nfl qb. If he stays healthy he be way better than the LSU kid. Bank on that.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

If he wants his rooster to grow 2 inches he will go pro

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Teams so obsessed with number 1 picks. If I were someone like the Bengals, I would just trade my number 1 pick and the my 2nd round pick and some other players and trade for a QB like a Mayfield.

Let's take a look at the last 15 or so number 1 picks.

2018 Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma Cleveland Browns 1 0
    2017 Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M Cleveland Browns 2 1
    2016 Jared Goff QB California Los Angeles Rams 3 2
    2015 Jameis Winston QB Florida St. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4 1
    2014 Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina Houston Texans 5 3
    2013 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan Kansas City Chiefs 6 1
    2012 Andrew Luck QB Stanford Indianapolis Colts 6 4
    2011 Cam Newton QB Auburn Carolina Panthers 8 3
    2010 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma St. Louis Rams 9 0
    2009 Matthew Stafford QB Georgia Detroit Lions 10 1
    2008 Jake Long OT Michigan Miami Dolphins 10 4
    2007 JaMarcus Russell QB LSU Oakland Raiders 3 0
    2006 Mario Williams DE N. Carolina State Houston Texans 11 4
    2005 Alex Smith

Andrew Luck is the only superstar on the list and his career didn't go as planned. The second best player there is Matt Stafford who has led medicore teams his whole career.

So you ask, why would I trade the number 1 pick for Mayfield? It's because he already got 2 subpar years out of the way in Cleveland. We don't have to wait for him to develop and develop and develop. While the supporting cast around us goes to waste. Some GMs don't seem to realize how short the career lifespan of an NFL player is.

Look at AJ Green. Just waited and waited for Dalton to develop and it never happened. You wasted the career of one of the most explosive WRs of this generation.

Chargers traded Drew Brees. If they kept Brees, they would have won a minimum of 2 rings. Brees was older and much better than Phillip Rivers. Instead, they wasted Tomlinson and Gates and Junior Seau and all these studs so they could "develop Rivers."

And look what happened.

Tribusky?

That defense will go to waste because of Chicago's stupidity.

Never draft a QB as a high pick when the rest of your team is built to contend.

Look at New England.

Went after Brady in the 6th round.
    To be fair, I know it's missing, AZ should of taken Bosa and took the 2nd basemen.

Bosa has been incredible and funamentally changed the niners front 7 and pass rush, helping lead to the number 1 seed. It's pretty safe to put him up there, so I'll say 3. There's a reason the same teams consistenly keep getting number one picks.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He a left handed Russ Wilson but jj says he not a nfl qb. If he stays healthy he be way better than the LSU kid. Bank on that.
    I agree bro. Way more upside with Tua.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Have to disagree here Banker. Think Cool Joe is the real deal. Time will tell.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Here the thing. You put him on a solid team I think he be a perfectly fine Kurt cousins type without the folding up in big games/against good teams, maybe even a Matt Ryan type which perfectly good. I just don’t think he a franchise changing generational talent. I don’t hate him anywhere close to way I bashed baker before the draft.

Unfortunately I’m not sure Tua ever be healthy to find out. I think Lawrence and Tua the 2 generational talent types that could change the fortune of even a bad franchise. All the others I think depends on situation they end up in. No knock on the kid.

I know Lawrence can’t come out till next year. Whomever bungals pass on and ends up in Miami have a much better chance to succeed imo.

Easy-Rider 66

Here the thing. You put him on a solid team I think he be a perfectly fine Kurt cousins type without the folding up in big games/against good teams, maybe even a Matt Ryan type which perfectly good. I just don’t think he a franchise changing generational talent. I don’t hate him anywhere close to way I bashed baker before the draft.

Unfortunately I’m not sure Tua ever be healthy to find out. I think Lawrence and Tua the 2 generational talent types that could change the fortune of even a bad franchise. All the others I think depends on situation they end up in. No knock on the kid.

I know Lawrence can’t come out till next year. Whomever bungals pass on and ends up in Miami have a much better chance to succeed imo.
    OK get your drift. Both have played on teams with incredible Offensive talent for sure. How they adjust to the Pro game is the key. Just think Burrow is cool under pressure, very accurate, and a winner in life. No knock on Tua but has been injury prone. It will be intersting to see what kind of NFL career each has. Hope they both have successful careers.

2daBank

OK get your drift. Both have played on teams with incredible Offensive talent for sure. How they adjust to the Pro game is the key. Just think Burrow is cool under pressure, very accurate, and a winner in life. No knock on Tua but has been injury prone. It will be intersting to see what kind of NFL career each has. Hope they both have successful careers.
    Yea Tua a huge risk for sure. The ankle things were bad enough but who knows if he ever be the same after the hip? Hip injuries way more rare and lot more unknowns.

Burrow def has moxie, that why I said cousins type without the big game choking. Cousins be pretty good if he had any heart!! Lol. Little concerned how burrow accuracy wasn’t anything close to this till this year and fact he had to transfer to start.. at least he has played more than one year, im never a fan of the kids who only started one year of college. Nfl no place to learn the position!!

You put burrow on a well run team with decent line, weapons, and good coach and yes I think he be perfectly fine to lead a team. Just not sure I see the kind of talent to overcome a crap franchise like the Bungals (few can, lol). Some the greatest QBs of all time i don’t think would have become what they were if not for landing in right situation!’ Then there the rare few generational talents like the Elways, mahomes, lucks of the world who can carry any team into legit contenders!!

No disrespect to burrow that I don’t think he that, there havnt been all that many of those!! Lawrence I think one of those types:, Tua could be IF he can stay healthy but going to a team with crappy Oline could be a nightmare for him!!

I like all these kids coming the next 2 years better than I liked baker.,, I didn’t like Murray either tho (mostly cause he has played so little) and think I was wrong bout him. This a easy thing to get wrong, the guys paid well to do it whiff all the time!! Certainly not sayin I’m positive I’m right on this, that be foolish, lol.

Easy-Rider 66

Yea Tua a huge risk for sure. The ankle things were bad enough but who knows if he ever be the same after the hip? Hip injuries way more rare and lot more unknowns.

Burrow def has moxie, that why I said cousins type without the big game choking. Cousins be pretty good if he had any heart!! Lol. Little concerned how burrow accuracy wasn’t anything close to this till this year and fact he had to transfer to start.. at least he has played more than one year, im never a fan of the kids who only started one year of college. Nfl no place to learn the position!!

You put burrow on a well run team with decent line, weapons, and good coach and yes I think he be perfectly fine to lead a team. Just not sure I see the kind of talent to overcome a crap franchise like the Bungals (few can, lol). Some the greatest QBs of all time i don’t think would have become what they were if not for landing in right situation!’ Then there the rare few generational talents like the Elways, mahomes, lucks of the world who can carry any team into legit contenders!!

No disrespect to burrow that I don’t think he that, there havnt been all that many of those!! Lawrence I think one of those types:, Tua could be IF he can stay healthy but going to a team with crappy Oline could be a nightmare for him!!

I like all these kids coming the next 2 years better than I liked baker.,, I didn’t like Murray either tho (mostly cause he has played so little) and think I was wrong bout him. This a easy thing to get wrong, the guys paid well to do it whiff all the time!! Certainly not sayin I’m positive I’m right on this, that be foolish, lol.

2daBank

Another thing. Is that a hint of ginger I see in burrow? That always scares me! lol. Wasn’t sure bout wentz cause he def has some ginger in him!! Never trust the gingers!! Lol

Easy-Rider 66

Another thing. Is that a hint of ginger I see in burrow? That always scares me! lol. Wasn’t sure bout wentz cause he def has some ginger in him!! Never trust the gingers!! Lol
    lol Do not see that. But each to his own. Burrow one cool cat. Reads D well. Very accurate. Tough. He will succeed. IMO

2daBank

lol Do not see that. But each to his own. Burrow one cool cat. Reads D well. Very accurate. Tough. He will succeed. IMO
    Just a joke. I’m sure there plenty of good and successful gingers. He was a 57% completion guy before this year tho.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

i do, too

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Just a joke. I’m sure there plenty of good and successful gingers. He was a 57% completion guy before this year tho.
    Last year? Who focuses on last year? Besides, it was a completely different offense last year.

As far as Tua goes, he'll follow the protocol of every other Bama QB and fail in the NFL...just like the latest Bama ginger, McElroy

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

He will go pro. The risk out ways the reward to return to Alabama.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    Last year? Who focuses on last year? Besides, it was a completely different offense last year.

As far as Tua goes, he'll follow the protocol of every other Bama QB and fail in the NFL...just like the latest Bama ginger, McElroy
    Biased much? Tua is a different animal than his predecessors.

Burrow and Tua will both make fine NFL QBs

First 12