Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Find me the year that the team that plowed through their competition and had zero struggles against anyone won the national championship during the playoff era? It’s not happening. This team will fold up if they face a real challenge, they didn’t get tested enough
    Maybe Wisconsin will give them the test that they need. Though you may be forgetting the
    Ped State game. It was relatively close, and they only scored 7 in each quarter. They are stacked. Skill position players out the ass on offense, with a DLine that will be playing on Sunday’s. Clemson may be able to pass on them a bit, but OSU can play a similar game to the PSU one, if need be. They ran the ball 59 damn times. Milk the clock, pound the rock, make the timely pass, and get off the field on D enough to pull out the W. Or just throw it up and down the field, and get into a shootout if that’s what’s needed. They are legit regardless.

Clemson is too, but I don’t think they are as good as years past. And I told everyone to pound them over Bama. I’d probably be on the under in the Clemson/OSU matchup. Think both teams will want to run a lot to keep their D off the field. But, totals aren’t my things. If somehow they put out OSU -1 to -2.5, or even as a dog, then holy hell, I’ll do whatever it takes to unload on them. Buckeyes easily win by at least a FG.

Honestly, I don’t see them losing by less than 10. When I first saw this thread, I thought Buckeyes -10.5, and that was being generous to Clemson. They aren’t at the level that they were last year. Now that I think of it, you didn’t say if it was Clemson, or OSU that you were talking about. I know it’s the Buckeyes though, but outside of the UNC game, when has Clemson been tested? Being tested by UNC isn’t exactly enough for me to write off the Buckeyes just because they spanked everyone in their path. Good teams too. Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan are better than anything the ACC has to offer. TAMU was the toughest game for Clemson. 24-10 win. 56 at the Big House is a different animal.

In the end, we are destined for a LSU/OSU game that decides it all.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Find me the year that the team that plowed through their competition and had zero struggles against anyone won the national championship during the playoff era? It’s not happening. This team will fold up if they face a real challenge, they didn’t get tested enough
    you can’t be serious

they have played a really tough schedule and beat Wisky, Penn State, and Michigan

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Clemsons best win?

was it UNC Tarheels?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Clemsons best win?

was it UNC Tarheels?
    TAMU probably.

While OSU beat three top 20 teams.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

yep going to call tomorrow

I dont plan on living a long life so fukk a 401k anyway
    Keep running your lying mouth off and you may be checking out a lot sooner than you think.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Everyone down on Clemson and they’re defending champs with like a 27 game winning steak. Lol

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Everyone down on Clemson and they’re defending champs with like a 27 game winning steak. Lol
    Clemson best team in the country imo,

2daBank

Clemsons best win?

was it UNC Tarheels?
    Terrible way to cap. Beat the teams in front of them. They coulda easily dominated the overrated big10 teams osu did. Can’t wait to see Clemson end LSU and osu seasons.,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    TAMU probably.

While OSU beat three top 20 teams.
    Overrated teams. Clemson woulda smoked garbage psu. Wiscy, and Michigan too.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Agree with 2dabank. Don’t sleep on Clemson. Everyone thinks it’s gonna be Ohio State vs LSU. I bet Clemson will make it to the finals

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    Agree with 2dabank. Don’t sleep on Clemson. Everyone thinks it’s gonna be Ohio State vs LSU. I bet Clemson will make it to the finals
    LSU plays terrible defense, they not even in same class as Clemson/osu. Don’t get me wrong osu might beat Clemson but I’d make Clemson -3. The argument Clemson had played no one is not only wrong but a redic way to cap. I cleaned up on Baylor at beginning of conf play cause everyone like “oh bears best nobody in non conf”, so what? The fact a team hasn’t played a good team doesn’t mean they good, it just means we might not know. Unlike some other contenders Clemson scheduled good out of conf, they played 2 sec teams (that can’t help they were kinda down, they tried unlike some others!)!

Not tigers fault acc down but I think that narrative stupid also. Vtech who woulda beat Nd had qb played, Pitt (who gave psu all they wanted and beat ucf), wake fall off but solid team, Louisville, lol of these teams stack up well w the big team and lot of sec. ppl just don’t realize it, and tigers maikinb them all. Like always Dabo team gets better as season goes. Hilarious anyone who doesn’t think Clemson woulda destroyed psu, or any osu other “top wins”. I’ve seen Clemson destroy bama by way more than LSU did!! If LSU won it all which the won’t it be worst ranked defense to do so. I’m loving the idea We will prob get plus money w Clemson vs osu. Can’t wait to take them as dogs. Dabo will love it!!!

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Most of you in this thread pounded bama -5 over clemson last January and got your arses handed to u. Should I bump my thread where I picked Clemson plus the points PREgame?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

ccat1133
    ccat1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Whatever the line GO Buckeyes!!

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

that makes no sense

the odds the westgate has for the championship are

Buckeyes +140
    Clemson +200
    LSU +300
    that's because Clemson and LSU would have to play each other first if the current rankings hold, and that is a much tighter spread than what ohio state will be over the #4 team (odds suggest utah, oklahoma, or baylor). what the price is to win 2 games as opposed to H2H vs another school, can be mutually exclusive.

BB showing this is his first rodeo

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am surprised 5 Dimes does not have the lines up yet, I thought they were up by now in previous years,

LT Profits

I think Clemson -4.5 over LSU is INSANE! Clemson, LSU and Oho State should all be no more than -3 against each other regardless of which team is favored.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Everything depends on who the Committee Votes in #1. Many think that because of the Committee make up, they will keep Ohio State #1, barring any upset of the Big 3. That sends Ohio State to the Peach Bowl to play either Utah or Oklahoma. The Committee will send Ohio State to the bowl with the least chance of their opponent having a home field advantage. If LSU plays Clemson in Phoenix, and Ohio State plays Utah in Atlanta, Clemson and Utah will have big disadvantages because of the distances they will have to travel. That may be worth a couple of points to the linemakers.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Everything depends on who the Committee Votes in #1. Many think that because of the Committee make up, they will keep Ohio State #1, barring any upset of the Big 3. That sends Ohio State to the Peach Bowl to play either Utah or Oklahoma. The Committee will send Ohio State to the bowl with the least chance of their opponent having a home field advantage. If LSU plays Clemson in Phoenix, and Ohio State plays Utah in Atlanta, Clemson and Utah will have big disadvantages because of the distances they will have to travel. That may be worth a couple of points to the linemakers.
    Actually #1 seed has option of choosing which of the two semifinal Bowls to go to. Remember last year? All projections had Alabama going to the Cotton Bowl but Bama chose to go to Orange Bowl. Does not change anything else you said though and does nothing to change the matchups themselves, just the bowl destinations.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

that makes no sense

the odds the westgate has for the championship are

Buckeyes +140
    Clemson +200
    LSU +300
    Ohio St. gets essentially a bye in first round so they still could a 1 pt dog.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Keep running your lying mouth off and you may be checking out a lot sooner than you think.
    don you consider yourself a goof?

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

ohio state is 16 1/2 this week playing wis ,

ohio state was 18 playing penn state
    ohio state was 8 1/2 at mich...which was the play of the year........so i cant see ohio state being more the 4 to5 playing clemson

harthebar

lsu beats georgia who is in i vote utah

harthebar

but if georgia beats lsu lsu will stay which they should buts its all bull _______ if you cant win your championship conf.......give some one else a try hence penn state beat wis. a few years back...but ohio state went in.....8 teams we need 8

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    don you consider yourself a goof?

I consider him a goof

PhillipKessel
    PhillipKessel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Ohio State -6

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

you can’t be serious

they have played a really tough schedule and beat Wisky, Penn State, and Michigan
    You misread. I said plowed through their competition which they have, meaning they’ve faced no adversity. If they face that challenge everything gets tougher. I wasn’t ranking their opponents I was saying they didn’t face a challenge from them which is true

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It is not that people are "down" on Clemson, it is just that there happen to two teams better than them this year.

aussiebuckeye
    aussiebuckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

OSU the team to beat but I have bad memories of them and clemson.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebuckeye View Post
    OSU the team to beat but I have bad memories of them and clemson.
    oh me too buddy

can’t wait to see Chase Young literally break sunshine in half.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Ohio state would beat the shit out of Clemson. There is Clemson and No One Else in that conference.

egg zact lee

LT Profits

Clemson now -2

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Clemson now -2
    I love it LT!

can we say ** Hammer time?

matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

Have to agree with you as a long time, local Ohio State fan, I would not put all my money either on Ohio State. My money will be on Clemson they are just the better team. Nice write up Wookie. Basically summed up all My concerns.

First 1234 Last