pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Is sports betting unbeatable?

In the last 30 days I’ve seen some of the worst beats humanly possible.... buzzer beaters for blown covers... guys fumbling at the 1 yard line for game winners... kickers missing 30 yard field goals for covering overs... the list goes on and on... I’ll make thousands playing poker and just give it back betting on these monkeys in sports... today I announce I’m retiring from betting on sports!!! I’ll be focusing full time on playing high limit hold em and Omaha... this year I’m up high 5 figures playing poker and down about the same about betting on these uneducated monkeys... I will no longer be betting sports!!! I did great for over 15 years of betting on these clowns but this season has opened my eyes completely!! So I hope everyone can kick some ass betting sports but it’s just not for me anymore!!! If you guys ever feel like getting racked at 2-4 hold em I’ll be at betonline grinding it out
    Points Awarded:

firedawg gave pinnacle420 73 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Good Luck pinny. This can be a tough racket without a lot of data and man power.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Basically impossible now

Technology the books have is too great

Arbs
    Bonus
    Hedging

Only 3 ways combined to win

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Good Luck pinny. This can be a tough racket without a lot of data and man power.
    Thanks Hubie!!! Ya man I’m a big Data guy just like you are!! I crunch all my bets several times and sync the outcomes several different times before I click the accept bet button and it’s almost like Im cursed!! I’m a big boy and know that it’s called gambling for a reason but bro if there is a way for a backdoor cover to fuk me it’s happened this year!! I’ve never seen anything like it man!! And when you up 19 on a 9 point line with 3 mins left and you know somehow your gonna lose its time to hang em up... I might be back at some point it’s just not for me anymore

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Basically impossible now

Technology the books have is too great

Arbs
    Bonus
    Hedging

Only 3 ways combined to win
    The lines aren’t like they used to be!!! Now it’s so razor thin bro you just have to pray to god the force is on your side... like I’ve never seen it like this before

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

It's beatable. Just fade jjgolds plays and leans.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Long live the Wolfpack bro gl....
    Btw what happen to firedawg

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

u had a great run pinnacle420. keep strong on the tables if you turn there 100%

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Long live the Wolfpack bro gl....
    Btw what happen to firedawg
    Dawgy is still around I talk to him daily... he’s been busy with the holidays

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    u had a great run pinnacle420. keep strong on the tables if you turn there 100%
    Thanks TTT... ya man I have the patience on the tables and do very well it’s just been bad beat after bad beat this season like I could be 97% to 3% to win or cover and the most unthinkable shit happens!! Like I understand beats happen.. but everyday? It’s sick bro

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's beatable. Just fade jjgolds plays and leans.
    Hahahaha this is true lmao

i miss JTS when he posted daily I was cashing out big every week lol

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    Hahahaha this is true lmao

i miss JTS when he posted daily I was cashing out big every week lol
    Yes he was down 90 units then firedawg ran him out of here why would we run a guy off the board who was down like 90 units? That was not very smart

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

The bad beats should even themselves out over the course of time... For instance I had Air Force -10 today and they were burning clock with under 2 mins to play only up by a touchdown. A third and long forced a pass play and they hit a deep one for a score and win by 14.

I've been on the wrong side of those kinds of games more often than I care to recall but this was a reminder that 50/50 games will work in your favor as often as they will burn you, so what you're left with is those games where teams legitimately beat the number or don't, and those are the ones you have to capture to beat the book. It's definitely doable.

pinnacle420

Yes he was down 90 units then firedawg ran him out of here why would we run a guy off the board who was down like 90 units? That was not very smart
    Ya I certainly know why he did cause the guy was a bitch and was a cancer to the forum... but if JTS went tout I would pay him gladly just for his fades it would be a solid investment for sure lol

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    The bad beats should even themselves out over the course of time... For instance I had Air Force -10 today and they were burning clock with under 2 mins to play only up by a touchdown. A third and long forced a pass play and they hit a deep one for a score and win by 14.

I've been on the wrong side of those kinds of games more often than I care to recall but this was a reminder that 50/50 games will work in your favor as often as they will burn you, so what you're left with is those games where teams legitimately beat the number or don't, and those are the ones you have to capture to beat the book. It's definitely doable.
    No I understand what your saying 100% eddy but I have been on the wrong side of these all season it’s been crazy!!! In all my years of doing this I’ve never seen anything like it

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post

... today I announce I’m retiring from betting on sports!!! I’ll be focusing full time on playing high limit hold em and Omaha...

GL on keeping that declaration - you'll be better off

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Variance is a motherfukker

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

jts ran himself off

hopefully him and kraken both get a pardon and can make good contributions in 2020

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    GL on keeping that declaration - you'll be better off
    I’m gonna do my best man... we’re all degenerates here will I stay away from sports prob not but I’ll do my best not to bet this garbage anymore

pinnacle420

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken Jake!!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yes cant beat it

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

bet with no emotion, help with losses. i only bet football one way and have only certain leagues i bet in bball
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinnacle420

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Indeed.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: peacebyinches

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Wyoming was a real kick in the nuts today. Mfers were inside the number for 58 minutes. All AF needs to do is run out clock and win by 10, yet the pos jerkoffs throw over the top for a 80 yard td to Fukk over a great play. Hope the coach gets crabs.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Wyoming was a real kick in the nuts today. Mfers were inside the number for 58 minutes. All AF needs to do is run out clock and win by 10, yet the pos jerkoffs throw over the top for a 80 yard td to Fukk over a great play. Hope the coach gets crabs.
    I had Wyoming +11.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21693

I'm in agreement that it is harder than ever before. Lines are sharper - advanced stats, game simulation, and adding to that, it seems almost any team can pull an upset these days. #1 Kentucky gets beat by Evansville at Rupp. Duke goes down to SFA as a #1 at Cameron.

What seemed foolproof bets in the past are no longer. I had a moneyline parlay blowup thanks to that ridiculous UCLA comeback over Wash St. earlier in the season. I've limited myself since that loss.

I'm not even betting right now. I'm not finished, but in the future I'm more determined to just bet the psychology/human angle. (letdowns, momentum, etc.) Stuff that doesn't have much to do with stats, because that's a losing battle these days.
    Last edited by spurginobili; 11-30-19 at 08:22 PM.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5527

Yep was balls deep on Whoming +13. This shit is getting harder every year & the bad beats worse and worse

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It seems to me that any of the longer term strategies seem to always have a shakeout anymore. It's like you have to lose in order to win. The shorter term betting can just hit a streak.

You have to be so patient, and even then there's no guarantee the market will turn enough to profit.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Yep was balls deep on Whoming +13. This shit is getting harder every year & the bad beats worse and worse
    I really havnt been involved in too many. I’ve had a few brutal ones like wyo today but hasn’t been like a weekly happening for me.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19455

Of course it's beatable but it's difficult; remember that for every person screwed by a f*cked up play, there's one who benefits from it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Of course it's beatable but it's difficult; remember that for every person screwed by a f*cked up play, there's one who benefits from it.
    That fine but when one team covering the whole fukkin Game the ppl who benefited deserved to lose. I don’t mind dumb crazy shit when I made a suspect play. Don’t like losing ones that were absolutely the right side.

Like I recall having NW vs Stanford to start year and lost on a defensive score in last seconds of Game. It sucked but NW just wasn’t a very good bet so didn’t really sting that bad. Wyo today was a good bet, those sting more for me.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

It's close to impossible betting at -110. The juice will kill you eventually. Not impossible with reduced juice but still extremely difficult. I've learned to be patient and only bet spreads and totals under -110 at Pinnacle 90 percent of the time.

My weakness is in-game betting. After two or three bad beats I always get tempted to chase with a ridiculous live bet. Way better at fighting off urges than I was in the past.
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 11-30-19 at 07:39 PM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

noone wins

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

No one can handicap the variables that determine these games. no one, period. A numbers game can, but few if any can stick to a plan and not wager for action. Line up to give away money. Humans....it makes no sense but growing like fire.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I write tickets. 99.9% can be told they are losing as i hand them a ticket, but they dont and wont hear that. They desire to lose money and want no part of logic. They want action and a dream. It makes No sense.

1234 ... Last