Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

You honestly have to let it go. Bad beats don't even phase me anymore, and believe me, I dont even consider this a bad beat at all.
    I've been hit by some really garbage ones lately, and it's usually out of my mind within 2 minutes.

Start the week off right tonight.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

I'm guessing that you were also bummed when Baltimore just knelt down when they were inside the 10 at the end of the game too.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yea i know my friend. And like i said i do not know what would have happened if they did get it. I do know this though. If that was called the odds would have been in my favor to get that into the end Zone. Add in even if they do stop them there would have been an up close easy FG attempt . So the odds if i did get the call were way higher scoring something then not scoring at all.

The 2nd Half happening exactly as it it not changing anything i at least would not have lost and odds are would have won. I know they do not like the new rule. But it is there stupid or not. And if ever there was a time to reverse a call on a PI this was easily it. The fact that they did this out of spite is what eats me up the most.
    I didn’t see it so I’m not trying to speak on that aspect of this cause it be foolish of me to do so, lol. Just in general I prefer the way they havnt been overturning them and the rule hasn’t really been the disaster I feared.

I know it sucks man but in reality any close total you lose you can go back and pick apart a handful of plays or bad calls that would have caused it to win, the severity of how bad we deem one of those calls is inconsequential. Time to move on brotha, I see you go on mad streaks and cash out nice sums all the time. Brush it off and do it again!!!

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10398

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I didn’t see it so I’m not trying to speak on that aspect of this cause it be foolish of me to do so, lol. Just in general I prefer the way they havnt been overturning them and the rule hasn’t really been the disaster I feared.

I know it sucks man but in reality any close total you lose you can go back and pick apart a handful of plays or bad calls that would have caused it to win, the severity of how bad we deem one of those calls is inconsequential. Time to move on brotha, I see you go on mad streaks and cash out nice sums all the time. Brush it off and do it again!!!
    I know and i have had so man bad beats this year you know that. I have been made numb because there are so many. This one was different because it verges into the area of cheating. If you know a call is correct but you refuse to not make that call because your ego was hurt . If you purposely do the incorrect call that is cheating to me. Thats all i mean. You cannot say that in most other bad calls. Which is why this made national news.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I'm guessing that you were also bummed when Baltimore just knelt down when they were inside the 10 at the end of the game too.
    No i pretty much knew they would do that. I was hoping they would have stopped them and they kicked a FG on 4th down maybe but they got the first. I had a shot with Houston and they blew it . But no i figured they would kneel after they got the 1st down. I was hoping i would get 1 more run but i was pretty sure they would do that.

2daBank

I know and i have had so man bad beats this year you know that. I have been made numb because there are so many. This one was different because it verges into the area of cheating. If you know a call is correct but you refuse to not make that call because your ego was hurt . If you purposely do the incorrect call that is cheating to me. Thats all i mean. You cannot say that in most other bad calls. Which is why this made national news.
    The news is stupid so that doesn’t mean a whole lot to me, I havnt seen it tho. Someone post a link please.

You know as well as me you bet enough games you will inevitably get hosed and get some gifs that outta balance out over the course of time.

captrobey

It is on AOL news right now one of their stories. Some of the tweets are hilarious that i saw yesterday. One had a thing that said NFL REF Reviewing a call and it was a girl wearing a blindfold . Another had NFL REFS reviewing a play and it had a clown sitting at a desk watching a monitor. I am not sure how to link it if you have aol just go on there it is one of the main stories still .

captrobey

YW called so i figure why not and i brought it up. Eventually i got a manager. If it turned into a scandal i may get my money back. But the only way that would happen is to have one of the refs admit they purposely did it . So that will probably not happen. Although this is a pretty big story right now maybe one will say something and slip up lol.

2daBank

Kinda surprised it a story in a Game one play obviously had no impact on the outcome. I honestly hadn’t heard anyone talk bout it outside this thread. Lol

captrobey

Kinda surprised it a story in a Game one play obviously had no impact on the outcome. I honestly hadn’t heard anyone talk bout it outside this thread. Lol
    I think the reason it made national news is not because it was a bad no-call but because it was challenged and the refs because of their egos would not overturn it. They do not apparently like the new rule to challenge it so no matter what when it gets challenged they do not care they will keep it the same call anyways. Even when they are wrong which they 100% were.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

Yea but the 2nd half playing out the exact same way it did this would have hit.
    it wouldnt have played out the same way. the game would have been 7-7 or 14-7 so just stop whining move on. if the 5k is going to bother you this much dont bet that much then

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

i mean i can complain i had clemson over for 2000 this weekend. wake decides to run clock and not even attempt a pass to go home with 9 minutes left and the back ups in. you know if i had the under they would have passed every down.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Taking a clear shot at a book

A loss is a loss

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    it wouldnt have played out the same way. the game would have been 7-7 or 14-7 so just stop whining move on. if the 5k is going to bother you this much dont bet that much then
    I have bet $5000 before not tons but look through my thread you will see them. I have not felt this way on any others just this one. This was a lot of money to get screwed out of on a play like this.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Thanks for posting that . Some of the comments crack me up lol.

2daBank

I have bet $5000 before not tons but look through my thread you will see them. I have not felt this way on any others just this one. This was a lot of money to get screwed out of on a play like this.
    It just so hard to fathom you are so sure those points automatically would have made this a over. Something so early in the game bro, you can’t just assume that woulda been tacked on to final score cause it changes everything. When it happens in 1st half it not a bad beat. Just another crappy call in a long line of many/

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Zero chance, and also, nobody on here will be able to help you with it.

If you believe that for some reason you're owed, call the book. You'll get laughed out the door, but it's better than what you'll get here.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

You didn't get screwed out of anything. This is the inherent risk you take when wagering on sports. Refs are human and not infallible. If you were on the other side and had taken the under, would you be calling the book tell them you wish to offer them a refund of the wager due to that call? I didn't think so.

I honestly cannot fathom ANY scenario when a book would refund a wager on a missed call in a game. Any game.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

I have never heard of the books doing this...if they are , it is a bad business model.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

It just so hard to fathom you are so sure those points automatically would have made this a over. Something so early in the game bro, you can’t just assume that woulda been tacked on to final score cause it changes everything. When it happens in 1st half it not a bad beat. Just another crappy call in a long line of many/
    It does change a lot...wonder if this affected the live betting ...if so...there is a good angle here ...but would not count on it !

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    You didn't get screwed out of anything. This is the inherent risk you take when wagering on sports. Refs are human and not infallible. If you were on the other side and had taken the under, would you be calling the book tell them you wish to offer them a refund of the wager due to that call? I didn't think so.

I honestly cannot fathom ANY scenario when a book would refund a wager on a missed call in a game. Any game.
    Like i said of course i would not be saying anything. But i did get screwed you cannot say i did not get screwed out of anything when this play if it would have gone the other way had a good chance of winning the bet. You cannot sit there and say "Oh-they are only human and not infallible " . This was not just a basic missed call. This was most likely the refs purposely not calling it the right way because they do not like the new rule of being able to throw a challenge flag on a PI. They did not just make a mistake they purposely did not call it because they did not like the new rule and did not want to look bad .That is what bothers me.

captrobey

I am not saying it definitely would have my friend. I am saying i feel if they had that chance and scored which odds are they would have. And the 2nd half played out exactly like it did. This would have hit. They denied me of that chance on a blatant lie . They knew this was PI but because they either did not want to look bad or do not like the new rule they flat out blew the call on purpose . I know i will not gt my money back. YW called me probably wanting me to deposit so i just talked to them about what happened. If this did turn into something more-which it actually could like a scandal, like a ref admitting they purposely blew the call on purpose , it would have a chance to get my money back . I think that is fair. Because if they admit that it would basically admit they cheated. It only takes a slipup by a ref to say something because that is exactly what happened. Proving it though will only happen from a slip of the tongue. But if it did then i think i would definitely have a case.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    It does change a lot...wonder if this affected the live betting ...if so...there is a good angle here ...but would not count on it !
    It has happened a couple times before. It has to be a really bad play that goes beyond the realm of just a normal bad call . I think this qualifies because if it ever comes to light that they did this on purpose either just to not look bad or because they do not like the NFL for putting in the challenge on PI rule then that would mean they cheated .Once in a blue moon something like this happens and someone slips and says something they should not. Not saying they will but it would be interesting if one of the refs slips up and says something that proves they purposely called the wrong call. That would prove they cheated then.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I had a large bet $5000 on the Over in the Hous/Balt game. I took .5 to get it to 51 . My question is do i have a case to maybe get my money back?

I know they probably will not change it. But there was a game a couple years back that a couple books gave players their money back because there was a horrible call at the end of that game that determined the outcome of the game. I think this qualifies on that same level.

If a game is determined there was cheating you would probably get your money back too right? It is pretty hard to prove it but honestly this one comes pretty close.

In the end i lost by 3 points on the Over . Anyone watching this game knows what happened. This was such a bad call that this made national news. It made a top story on AOL news. Just this one single play. So it was that bad.

I cannot remember when it happened . But Hopkins got interfered with in the End Zone by Humphrey . It was beyond extremely obvious and there was no call. So Houston challenged it. It was an easy 100% reversable call that is how blatant it was.

So they do the replay i figure cool i get the ball on the 1 Yard line. They actually come back and say call stands no PI .

My gripe is this. First, if it is that obvious and it is 100% PI and they do not call it and this again was so obvious it made national Headlines- would that not be considered cheating? I mean, the only reason i can think of is the refs purposely called it that way because they did not want their egos hurt that they did not originally call it. But if they do that to me that is cheating because the call should have been 100% reversed and it effected the outcome of the game for me.

If they get the ball at the 2 the odds were they would have scored TD and i would have won . At the least even a FG would have given me a push.

I know they will probably never give my money back. It is a large amount of money. But do you all think i have a case here ? That bad no call pretty much cost me the Win and it should have easily 100% been called.
    25% chance

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i wagered on packers ml against seahawks years back when replacement refs cheated the packers on last play game, no money was returned on that bullshet call

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think you have a case of “up shit creek.”

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

I didn't get my money back when Maradona scored with his hand against England in 1986 World Cup.

First 123