Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

Why did Detroit go for 2?

Is that the new math ? I was excited since I had Dallas -7 and they did not make it. I have seen a couple teams do that recently. It sure seems stupid !

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Yeah just weird

Rivera last week used fuzzy math too

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

down 14 5+ min left and u score first td you go for 2 to set it up to be down 6 if you get another shot and score a late TD then PAT wins it possibly depending on time left

avoid OT if you are the worse team?

analytics and win probability numbers

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It was a Vegas call. 90% of bets were on +7 Lions.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It is the math play it is more like why did everyone else not go for two. I do not respect Belichick because he does not go for 2 in this spot despite his success.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    down 14 5+ min left and u score first td you go for 2 to set it up to be down 6 if you get another shot and score a late TD then PAT wins it possibly depending on time left

avoid OT if you are the worse team?

analytics and win probability numbers
    So how is that different from kicking the extra point, then scoring late and going for the win at that point?
    Do the anal litics that much better the other way around?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Game is played by players...not some math geek behind a keyboard.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    So how is that different from kicking the extra point, then scoring late and going for the win at that point?
    If you can make over 37% you go. It is a two way go because if you make it then you win with an extra pt but if you miss you can go again and still be tied up. It is even better now that the XPs are longer but teams should have been doing it for 25 years.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    no clue... but analytics the reason they use for going for it in that spot

i laugh when pro or college teams do it tho... i wouldn't do it unless you have a really good QB or you've been dominating the run and can hand it off to a beast for 2 yards

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

Don't see why you don't go for the XP the first time, and the 2 points after the second TD for the win. If you don't make the 2 point after the first TD like Detroit, that might affect your momentum .

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

I think the idea is if you don't get it you can go for 2 again to tie. If you do get it you're a TD an EP away from winning, or 2 Fg's away from tying, Depending on the time remaining of course

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Going for two is overrated you should always kick

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    If you can make over 37% you go. It is a two way go because if you make it then you win with an extra pt but if you miss you can go again and still be tied up. It is even better now that the XPs are longer but teams should have been doing it for 25 years.
    O.K. I see your math, but do they take into accoung the likelyhood of missing or making several in a row? So you've made
    4 2 pt conversions in a row, but then you miss the next 6 trys, Your still at 40%, but if those 2 point attempts come at the
    wrong time you're looking for another job.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Game is played by players...not some math geek behind a keyboard.
    games been evolving ever since they finally came up with a model that predicts win % numbers based on any 4th down / pat vs 2 pt try in the game if you succeed or fail

bill belicheat was ahead of the curve 10 years ago when he went for it on 4th and 2 on his own 28 yard line up 6 on road vs peyton and his undefeated colts with 2 min left. he didn't want to just punt to peyton and watch him carve up his tired defense for 80 yards.

they failed to get it and colts won it with td pass to wayne with 13 sec left to win 35-34 after trailing by 17 in 4th q

everyone roasted bill for it... but he was ahead of the curve. leagues been changing since that day... especially last few years with more coaches willing to take the risks and go for it/go for 2

remember when steelers kept going for 2 early in games a couple seasons back?

i was at that colts game vs pats 10 years ago.... i remember how perplexed the entire stadium was for a few seconds when we realized the pats weren't punting but going for it on their own 28 yard line 2 min left to clinch the win. the stadium blew up with noise for that play and after the stop... wow it was loud. loudest I've ever heard Lucas Oil Stadium.

then when it paid off with the td pass to wayne on the 2 yard line with the clock running dow... amazing roar

pats fans couldn't get out of their seats fast enough to avoid eating crow after talking shit all game while their team held a lead... bunch of bitches

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Okieirish View Post
    Is that the new math ? I was excited since I had Dallas -7 and they did not make it. I have seen a couple teams do that recently. It sure seems stupid !
    Smu fukkked me big time doing that a few weeks ago vs Memphis with basically same margin.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

they went for 2 because they knew I played Lions +7

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It's not the right call unless you've got a dozen different 2pt conversion plays

Mostel teams has 3 legit 2 pt conversion plays

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If Lions closed +6.5 they would have kicked the extra point. Coaches have scripts they must follow during game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's not the right call unless you've got a dozen different 2pt conversion plays

Mostel teams has 3 legit 2 pt conversion plays
    It beyond stupid. If you wanna try it to win game fine but doing it down 2 scores is retarded.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Dallas -7 was my biggest play of the day....had to make the call to the Lions sideline

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

It makes perfect sense

2 pt play is roughly a 50% chance.

So odds are you make 1 of 2 and tie he game

However if you make the first one you can win the game with the extra point.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Extra points are not an automatic anymore

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    It makes perfect sense

2 pt play is roughly a 50% chance.

So odds are you make 1 of 2 and tie he game

However if you make the first one you can win the game with the extra point.
    That is computer dork talk that ruining baseball and trying to invade football, game ain’t played on a computer or in classroom. This real life shit. Circumstances matter, situations matter. Just cause it little better than 50% overall has never fukkin meant that a teams chances are better than 50% any time they try it, that logic is so so so flawed, just like the strikeouts dont matter and same as any other out nonsense.

Metrics have a place but the minute you start treating them as black and white you fukked, we live in the gray area pal. These pocket protector types that were never picked to ever play on any team are beyond clueless in this regard.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    That is computer dork talk that ruining baseball and trying to invade football, game ain’t played on a computer or in classroom. This real life shit. Circumstances matter, situations matter. Just cause it little better than 50% overall has never fukkin meant that a teams chances are better than 50% any time they try it, that logic is so so so flawed, just like the strikeouts dont matter and same as any other out nonsense.

Metrics have a place but the minute you start treating them as black and white you fukked, we live in the gray area pal. These pocket protector types that were never picked to ever play on any team are beyond clueless in this regard.
    You might clown math and analytics but I have been using both for years in gambling

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    You might clown math and analytics but I have been using both for years in gambling
    As do I. You misunderstanding me if you don’t think I don’t respect and use them a ton!!!

I’m clowning using them as the be all end all, they a excellent tool if you use them as such. The guys that live and die by them are part the reason for some really good lines in mlb!!! You gotta be able to understand the game and use them along w knowledge, the ones who lean on only them are lost.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

As do I. You misunderstanding me if you don’t think I don’t respect and use them a ton!!!

I’m clowning using them as the be all end all, they a excellent tool if you use them as such. The guys that live and die by them are part the reason for some really good lines in mlb!!! You gotta be able to understand the game and use them along w knowledge, the ones who lean on only them are lost.
    I figured you were....we can all clown the idiot lions.....they haven’t been relevant since the owner created the car

2daBank

I figured you were....we can all clown the idiot lions.....they haven’t been relevant since the owner created the car
    Lol. They not alone. I know cappers I respect that I think make a huge mistake believing a little too much in things metrics count as luck in baseball which a lot is total freaking nonsense.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Lol. They not alone. I know cappers I respect that I think make a huge mistake believing a little too much in things metrics count as luck in baseball which a lot is total freaking nonsense.
    I make about 8 baseball bets a year....that sport kicks me in the balls yearly

2daBank

I make about 8 baseball bets a year....that sport kicks me in the balls yearly
    Crazy. It Really only sport I feel pretty confident I’m almost always gonna turn a profit. I mean I’m fairly confident in others but baseball my bread and butter. Only sport I feel like I can get down on 5 or so plus money coinflips a night for at least half the season!!

Although hockey looking kinda promising, I’m very new to reg season nhl tho so dunno if it continues? Lol

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Crazy. It Really only sport I feel pretty confident I’m almost always gonna turn a profit. I mean I’m fairly confident in others but baseball my bread and butter. Only sport I feel like I can get down on 5 or so plus money coinflips a night for at least half the season!!

Although hockey looking kinda promising, I’m very new to reg season nhl tho so dunno if it continues? Lol
    I’m still no seaweed though

2daBank

I’m still no seaweed though
    Who is? Lol. We do have lot of seaweed types in the mlb season tho who love taking -200 favs then wondering how they could possibly lose! Lmao. Try to help them out and they too stupid to get it, kids these days. Lol