Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Harden cares more about stats than winning?

I don't understand this guy. one of the best offensive players in history, and he still doesn't understand that averaging 40 ppg is not gonna win a championship?

Is this guy really that stupid? Jordan never won averaging 35-40, Kobe never won averaging 36. These guys changed their games.

When will Harden learn?

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't understand this guy. one of the best offensive players in history, and he still doesn't understand that averaging 40 ppg is not gonna win a championship?

Is this guy really that stupid? Jordan never won averaging 35-40, Kobe never won averaging 36. These guys changed their games.

When will Harden learn?
    Houston started a g league team with Harden today, he had to score or they would have been blown out.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Houston started a g league team with Harden today, he had to score or they would have been blown out.
    He's averaging 38 ppg on a team with Westbrook Capella and Gordon. Capella and Gordon just got hurt. Harden was averaging 37 ppg with them in the lineup, and shooting 40%.

He doesn't understand what it takes to win.

thomorino

Capella doesn't score much and Gordon has been horrible, he needs to okay defense be more clutch, but his issues has never been taking too many shots.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He led the league in assists the last year he wasn't playing with an all world point guard.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

The New York Knicks are never going to win with Taj Gibson averaging only 5 points per game. I don't understand that guy. The Bulls never won with Jordan scoring 5 points per game. The Lakers never won with Kobe scoring 5 points per game. If he would just be more like those guys, by caring about winning more than his own stats, the Knicks would be winning more

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

When will Harden learn?
    Jordan averaged over 35 points in the Finals in both 1992 and 93. Harden needs to increase his scoring if he wants to reach Jordan's 1993 Finals average. He needs to learn to do that

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Harden a big time loser, he's a clown and he knows it. Melts down every single playoff deciding game without fail. He's a regular season stats whore that's about it

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

it's good for regular season and stats but harden will never win a championship, and no way no d dantoni will win a championship either, these guys are just regular season stat stuffers gotta play some defense to win a title

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

when i think of harden

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is incredibly hard what he is doing

He needs to play a team game more, guy going to burnout

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

A few years ago someone put together a clip of Harden`s defensive lowlights. It was incredible.
    He would gladly give up 2 to get the ball back so he can shoot it. I have seen him D up a guy when he wants to.
    He simply doesn`t care. He should never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ, Kobe, Kawhi or any scorer who actually played "D"
    Melo. Gervin. Plenty of other guys out there with no rings who could fill it up.

There will be some trouble in Houston this year. Even without injuries, Harden/RWB will get in a major beef at some point.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It's not the points or the number of shots that will keep Harden from winning a championship. From the start of the season until the end of the Rockets season Harden takes the most difficult shots in basketball. The closer you are to the goal the higher your fg% should be, Harden is taking contested 3's as his go to shot, which is probably made less than 30% of the time, and even less in the playoffs. Bad strategy I don't care who shoots them.

jjgold

Seahead good observation

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

getting that 2nd or 3rd contract is far more important to every player than winning a championship. with 30 teams how can you realistically expect to win one in your career. players don't want teams to get a better player that reduces your playing time eroding your stats making you potentially expendable. harden just says to himself " i hope they get better defensive players to play with me but i'm going to continue to hold up my end of the offensive production. i have no time to play defense. that's for some mid level guy".

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1105

When will Harden learn?
    When did Kobe change his game?
    He knew one thing..
    Chuck the ball 40x and see what happens..

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Yes. The same with Westbrook as well. Now they're on the same team. Stat-padders will never win shit.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He is pissed because Antetonkoumpo won the MVP last year. He is padding his stats now hoping for a different outcome.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

James Harden has scored 513 points in 480 minutes of play this season and is averaging a league-high 39.5 PPG. That is the highest total by a player through the first 13 games of a season since Wilt Chamberlain had 696 points in 1962-63.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Jordan averaged over 35 points in the Finals in both 1992 and 93. Harden needs to increase his scoring if he wants to reach Jordan's 1993 Finals average. He needs to learn to do that
    Jordan never won a championship scoring 35-40 ppg in the regular season... Scoring more points in the finals is natural for any star player.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He led the league in assists the last year he wasn't playing with an all world point guard.
    Exactly, because he's obsessed with stats. Would he still give those assists if they weren't counted on the stat sheet?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Not exactly breaking news. Guy a clown.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

lol

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Harden broke the matrix. everyone is mad. people all up in their feelings. we are enjoying the moment. GANG.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Harden broke the matrix. everyone is mad. people all up in their feelings. we are enjoying the moment. GANG.
    Yea right, all those rings proving your stupid theory. He ruins Game and you blow him for it, typical clown. Did you mean GAG? Like you do on these dudes cocks.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

When will Harden learn?
    Imagine criticizing an all time great when you're a nobody? That's you right now

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Yeah?

He also cares more about Communist China then freedom loving people.

I hate when NBA comes back on.

SportsCenter becomes AIDS on non football days

jjgold

I like watching him though dominate games 1 vs 5

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Jordan never won a championship scoring 35-40 ppg in the regular season... Scoring more points in the finals is natural for any star player.

He would average 45-50 in today's league easily

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Scoring points is pointless if you can't win a ring.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Scoring points is pointless if you can't win a ring.
    Both of them are pointless. The empty minded slaves of society give it meaning.

jjgold

Rich bastard

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

It's about efficiency. Chucking a bunch of bad shots (even if you're "making your own shot") -- not as valuable anymore with the current level of skill and inside-out game and focus on teamwork. Just doesn't really get the job done by itself anymore

Lebron can do everything, and he's always been insanely efficient. Forget Harden for the moment. Compare Bron's shooting percentages to Kobe's. There's a chasm there. And let's not act like that's because Lebron never takes mid-range jumpers or even threes

So first, let's stop giving Kobe so much credit just because he had bad shot selection and made a lot of tough fadeaways. Great player, but nowhere near top 20 of all-time. And frankly I'm just not gonna suck Kobe's dick because he took 8 awful shots a game and made 2 of them. And Harden's not even on Kobe's level, just has the same issue, and the percentages show it
    Last edited by blankoblanco; 11-22-19 at 11:52 PM.

jjgold

Houston loses again to a good team

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    It's about efficiency. Chucking a bunch of bad shots (even if you're "making your own shot") -- not as valuable anymore with the current level of skill and inside-out game and focus on teamwork. Just doesn't really get the job done by itself anymore

Lebron can do everything, and he's always been insanely efficient. Forget Harden for the moment. Compare Bron's shooting percentages to Kobe's. There's a chasm there. And let's not act like that's because Lebron never takes mid-range jumpers or even threes

So first, let's stop giving Kobe so much credit just because he had bad shot selection and made a lot of tough fadeaways. Great player, but nowhere near top 20 of all-time. And frankly I'm just not gonna suck Kobe's dick because he took 8 awful shots a game and made 2 of them. And Harden's not even on Kobe's level, just has the same issue, and the percentages show it
    LeBron has played in the shit eastern conference his whole career, his efficiency numbers would be much lower I'd he was in the west as he is now. He's overrated as usual.

12 Last