stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Tonight's NBA Card

Yes, your pal Nasher does NBA (his favorite players were Larry Bird and Steve Nash don't 'ya know?) and I'm just starting to get back into now that baseball is over.

I've seen bits and pieces of a few NBA games so far but not one from start to finish.
    Any-hoo I just spent an hour going over the analytics so far because this is what geeks do to get caught up.

There's 6 games tonight, 12 teams of which six of the 12 teams are in the top ten in team scoring.
    So I think I'm right to assume tonight with maybe the exception of the Memphis game and the Utah/GSW game should be high scoring.

I've noticed the Celtics average 113 points a game, Dallas (6th in the NBA) averages 116 a game but the analytics tell me Boston is the best in the NBA in team defense efficiency and Dallas I see is playing very good defense too so that makes the 220 total very risky you would think.

Houston is the highest scoring team in the NBA they score 120 points a game. New Orleans is the fourth highest scoring team in the NBA, they score 117 points per game.
    I see Houston plays good defense to go along with the Harden gangs offense whereas the Peli's can't play a lick of defense and are pretty much dead last in defense.
    The total is a whopping 245, does this game reach 245? Is this the new norm for the NBA? Game totals of 240+ are common place now?

On paper Westbrook should have his way with New Orleans PG's as they are not good at defending.
    Harden is Harden doesn't matter who you put on him he's going to put up box car numbers.
    I know PJ Tucker is three point artist and I also know he gets open looks playing alongside Harden and Westbrook you would think he could equal that monster game (on paper) he had the other night. And I've always liked Capella in the middle too.
    You would think Houston covers that 125.5 team total.
    Houston doesn't have an answer for Ingram looks like he's primed for a big game.
    Who plays center for the Peli's these days? Favors? Meh
    JJ Redick could have a nice game tonight.
    If Westbrook is on Holiday Jrue could have a nice night too.
    Yeah, the 245 looks reachable but isn't Houston's team total of 125.5 a better bet?

This Minnesota/Detroit game is the one that caught my eye.
    Says here Teague should play tonight, that's good because my UConn home boy Napier looks like he's out.
    Wiggins is in a good spot, so is Covington.
    Here's the matchup, Towns on Drummond.
    Drummond is one of the greatest rebounding center I've ever seen, but his defense is lacking.
    KAT could have a monster night.
    The rookie from Texas Tech (Jarrett Culver) looks like he belongs in the big boy league too.

Rose is out for Detroit, so is Reggie. I don't even know who's running the point for Detroit.
    I do know Luke Kennard can ball.
    Markieff Morris will have his hands full.
    Looks like Blakey-poo makes his season debut tonight. How much can he contribute?
    Drummond will get his double digit boards for sure. He'll get his points in the paint but Towns can defend.

I did watch some of the Pistons Knicks game the other night, they did not impress in that win.
    Here's the question I have for you NBA heads. Why are the Timberwolves 2.5 dogs on the road here against the Pistons. I don't see where Detroit has the edge.

The total is 222.5
    I did just bet Minnesota team total over 110. That (on paper) looks like the best bet on the card in my opinion.

Toronto getting 10 is enticing, passing. Everytime I play the Raps they screw me.
    Don't like the Utah game either.
    Points Awarded:

dawg58kahn gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Overall nice write-up Nasher. The only thing I got caught up about was the Pelicans having PG's with bad defending. I thought Jrue and Lonzo both are pretty good at defense?

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal012 View Post
    Overall nice write-up Nasher. The only thing I got caught up about was the Pelicans having PG's with bad defending. I thought Jrue and Lonzo both are pretty good at defense?
    Jrue is great Lonzo is out tonight

Jshearer22
    Jshearer22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 963

So Houston -6 is the play?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Boston/Rockets/jazz ml parlay and call it a day. Pretty much how I bet nba when I bet it. Lol

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Jshearer22 View Post
    So Houston -6 is the play?
    TT over 125.5 is a better play I think.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

stevenash

Holy shit!
    The Timberwolves got me 41 first quarter points.
    Could it be there really is something to this analytics thing?