Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

"Killing the clock when you're down" is such a dumb move by a coach....

.....when you have 3 timeouts in your back pocket. (It's another thing if you have anything less.)

It's not even a hindsight statement. Why wouldn't you want two shots of scoring a TD over worrying about what the other team could "possibly" do after you "hopefully" score??

The Cowboys could have had the ball back with at least over a minute left in the game if they just kept moving the ball in the hurry up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rarely works

Play to win

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Can't give Cousins the ball back...

Guy will
    Light
    You
    Up

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Can't give Cousins the ball back...

Guy will
    Light
    You
    Up
    Probably.

I'd rather make sure I had the lead first and then take my chances with the Vikes coming back.

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Dumbest thing Dallas did other than that was trying to run it on 2nd and 3rd down - run not there all night and Dak was on fire

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    Dumbest thing Dallas did other than that was trying to run it on 2nd and 3rd down - run not there all night and Dak was on fire
    This has been a problem all year. The Cowboys feel compelled to get Zeke the ball to a point that it kills momentum. Dak is having a great year, and contrary to public opinion, hes a damn good QB. He gets hot as hell a few times in every game (usually in the late second half) and Garrett will kill it by forcing Zeke. It's time to let Dak loose. He's the best player in that offense.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    This has been a problem all year. The Cowboys feel compelled to get Zeke the ball to a point that it kills momentum. Dak is having a great year, and contrary to public opinion, hes a damn good QB. He gets hot as hell a few times in every game (usually in the late second half) and Garrett will kill it by forcing Zeke. It's time to let Dak loose. He's the best player in that offense.
    Totally agree. Garrett listening to the talking heads who keep saying Zeke needs more touches. You should do whatever it takes to win. Sometimes thats throwing every down, sometimes its running 50 times. You cant go into every game with a script. Dallas would have scored if they kept throwing. Another thing that they failed to realize was that the fat guys were gassed after chasing Dak all of those plays. But when you run the fat guys dont need to move much. Also, how do you throw to Zeke on 4th down?? Im sorry but if I’m going down, Im going down with my best receiver...throwing to Cooper. If he gets doubled then Im going to Witten or Gallup.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I agree, unless you have one of those rare great defenses like the Ravens, Bucs, Seahawks etc...

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    .....when you have 3 timeouts in your back pocket. (It's another thing if you have anything less.)

It's not even a hindsight statement. Why wouldn't you want two shots of scoring a TD over worrying about what the other team could "possibly" do after you "hopefully" score??

The Cowboys could have had the ball back with at least over a minute left in the game if they just kept moving the ball in the hurry up.

I disagree. I think it was the right idea to not leave the Vikings with enough time to score. Even with having 3 timeouts....what if they don't score and then can't stop the Vikes and never get the ball back? What he could have done was used all 3 timeouts to design or call better plays but that Vikes defender had an excellent pass breakup.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

I hate when I see this in basketball. Especially when you're in a 2 for 1 situation. You get off the good shot, and foul if you miss. Playing for the final shot when you're trailing is idiotic. I remember the Raptors doing this in one of the final's games.