hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

NFL Week 8: a case for Atlanta +8 vs Seattle

The forum needs a little more substance this weekend. I wouldn't bet this game with YOUR money, but I'm betting it with mine!

Week 8 - Sunday Oct.27

ATLANTA +8 -110 // 3.30 units to win 3

I'll give some reasons for this pick, which people will probably look at and think its stupid. Seattle's travel schedule has been unfavorable pretty much all season long, but just look back a few weeks.... Week 4 played at Arizona, Week 5 went home to squeak out a 30-29 win vs the Rams, then Week 6 traveled to Cleveland and got the 32-28 win, then last game Week 7 all the way back home to lose to Baltimore 30-16, and now this week travel across the country again to play Atlanta. Russell Wilson is 2-3 W/L straight-up vs Falcons all-time (including 1-2 when playing at Atlanta).

Meantime Atlanta stays home for the second week in a row. Working against Atlanta is the obvious firstly they've been horrible, and secondly QB Matt Ryan is out, which brings in backup Matt Schaub, but could this bring a spark to the team? Schaub is 48-46 W/L career all-time, including 28-17 W/L in home games.

Injuries: other than Matt Ryan, the Atlanta roster is healthy. Seattle meantime does have a couple issues with the o-line and d-line.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

dont leave out that swab is 38 and hasnt started a game in 4 yrs

hotcross

Word up

Yeah I did want to mention that as well to keep balance.

Good looking out

hotcross

My apologies to the forum, not for winning, but for this low-quality writeup

jtoler, we did 'em dirty bird anyway with the Atlanta cover, right?

My point, Seattle was in position to run out of gas in the tank second half and too much junk in the trunk.

And to your point, Matt Schaub almost a career-best day by his standards, 460 yards, 1 TD, 1 interception

27-20 Settle final score
    AWWWW YEAH cash money and marvelous