DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Wizards tie up Beal/Wall through 2022/23, $300 mil.

NFL players must be puking.
    NBA is out of control.

Too many teams. Too many games. WAY too many huge guaranteed contracts. Attendance in free fall.
    Load management. I miss the 80`s.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

I thought these guys don't even like each other.... not to mention the coach. Bizarre signing

New GM seems a lot like the old GM

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Beal also has a player option for 3 additional years, at MAX $$$$.
    So, if they suck, Beal is just OK next 2 years, team is handcuffed for 3 additional years at maximum comp.
    Can someone tell the Bullets GM that the NBA is a salary cap league.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

They will suck, no surprise there. They were trash last yr without wall and they'll be without wall again this yr. Scott Brooks might be the worst coach in the NBA

The real question is whether Beal a winner or not. He's a good player with inflated numbers on a bad team

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    They will suck, no surprise there. They were trash last yr without wall and they'll be without wall again this yr. Scott Brooks might be the worst coach in the NBA

The real question is whether Beal a winner or not. He's a good player with inflated numbers on a bad team
    This. It's tough to give players that much money. Beal doesn't play defense. And Wall is a superstar and clearly one of the best pgs in the world but he's always hurt.

Lillard is gonna make 50 million dollars next year. Lmao. GMs are such fools.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Beal would be a great addition to a team like lakers who could desperately use his jump shot to space the floor. Pretty useless as a #1 option tho.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Good points.
    Wall is so overrated, iss he even recovered from that Achilles?
    And when was the last time the Wizards were relevant?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    This. It's tough to give players that much money. Beal doesn't play defense. And Wall is a superstar and clearly one of the best pgs in the world but he's always hurt.

Lillard is gonna make 50 million dollars next year. Lmao. GMs are such fools.
    I was just gonna say. how come no one says this about the Blazers? they throw roses at Dame Lillard's feet. this guy Dame took the biggest contract in the history of the game and just released a rap album. he's making diss tracks to Shaq. hey Portland? is this your king? fukk outta here. NBA teams have settled for mediocrity in the worst year possible. the league is wide open for the first time in a DECADE. why are guys RAPPING??? IM SHOOK.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Good points.
    Wall is so overrated, iss he even recovered from that Achilles?
    And when was the last time the Wizards were relevant?
    When Jordan played for them?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Washington never cashed in on their potential bc it never matured into a prime. Wall never had the Derrick rose mvp ascension many thought he would since entering the league.

The closest they every got to an ECF was when Pierce was averaging the most 4th quarter points and shots in the playoffs for them as an AARP member.

That speaks volumes about the lack of leadership and experience in big games and how vanilla Scott Brooks was at remedying the situation
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave shadymcgrady 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Bottom feeders.
    At least our nation's capital has the Nats and the Caps.

The Wiz can go fishing with the 'Skins.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They call this a "GOOD" GM?

GM 101... pick Wall or Beal and build around one of them. Sounds like the guy was a pu$$y.

Wasted money and cap.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

I dont know why they stick with Wall, move on already. Theyve done absolutely zero with both guys together,Beal I understand keep him around but Wall no.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    They call this a "GOOD" GM?

GM 101... pick Wall or Beal and build around one of them. Sounds like the guy was a pu$$y.

Wasted money and cap.
    Fixed. Trade Wall to Knicks or somebody desperate for a big name.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Definition of overspending

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I dont know why they stick with Wall, move on already. Theyve done absolutely zero with both guys together,Beal I understand keep him around but Wall no.
    Because he has the worst contract in the league and no other team would take it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    When Jordan played for them?
    And at that time he was 100 years old.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Fixed. Trade Wall to Knicks or somebody desperate for a big name.
    Build around Bradley Beal? As in try and build a championship contender around Bradly Beal? This is a joke, right? Bradly Beal would have been the 5th best player on the Warriors championship roster. He's a stat stuffer, like Devin Booker. Soft as hell.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol two losers!!!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Because he has the worst contract in the league and no other team would take it.
    So what you continue paying him out the nose,because no one else wants him.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This trash is completely unsustainable. NBA will have a reckoning soon. China issue is just the beginning

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    NBA will have a reckoning soon.
    I wish you were right but I don't think so.

As long as Disney (ESPN) keeps pouring mega-billions into this crap product and ESPN keeps leading their Sports Center broadcasts with Zion's exhibition game results over much bigger stories like MLB playoffs and the NFL, and as long as ESPN thinks Zion's minor knee injury is a bigger story than the MLB playoffs and the NFL, and as long as Wall Street executives keep buying out the seats at Madison Square Garden, and as long as the kids playing at Ruckers keeps wearing the NBA apparel, and as long as Budweiser, and Delta Airlines, and Taco Bell keeps on paying for advertising the NBA is going to be just fine, like it or not.

The NBA makes its revenue (and a boatload of it) by overpriced ticket sales and NBA apparel sales and major corporations that fund it with advertising.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Build around Bradley Beal? As in try and build a championship contender around Bradly Beal? This is a joke, right? Bradly Beal would have been the 5th best player on the Warriors championship roster. He's a stat stuffer, like Devin Booker. Soft as hell.
    You really believe Klay Thomson would be any different than these two had he switched places last year? What you expect, them to score 30ppg and get their teammates involved and play elite level defense for 40mins a night? Want them to turn water into wine?

It's hard to judge players on bad teams, like judging a swordsman in a gun fight. Booker has a solid supporting cast this year so we shall see.

sosawestbrook

hahahahahaha. Demarcus cousins boy back at it. I still chuckle at your assessment on that topic. now this? give it a break.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You really believe Klay Thomson would be any different than these two had he switched places last year? What you expect, them to score 30ppg and get their teammates involved and play elite level defense for 40mins a night? Want them to turn water into wine?

It's hard to judge players on bad teams, like judging a swordsman in a gun fight. Booker has a solid supporting cast this year so we shall see.
    FACTS. except the part about Booker. he has the same team as last year plus Rubio. unless that team commits to playing hard nosed defense on a nightly basis, they'll be stuck at the bottom of the Western conference AGAIN.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    FACTS. except the part about Booker. he has the same team as last year plus Rubio. unless that team commits to playing hard nosed defense on a nightly basis, they'll be stuck at the bottom of the Western conference AGAIN.
    Books have them winning 29 games. Overs imo. Rubio is a good pg. I like what they've done this summer. New GM, new coach, new supporting cast...

sosawestbrook

Books have them winning 29 games. Overs imo. Rubio is a good pg. I like what they've done this summer. New GM, new coach, new supporting cast...
    the number was higher the previous year. good coach in Monty won't help you win games quite yet. he will instill the proper culture which will be the foundation to success in the future but not this season. you need stars to win. they have Booker and nobody else. Ayton is on his way but is still horrid on the defensive end. Ima Suns fan bro I like what we did too but we aren't doing a damn thing this year.

IBetYou

Are they so different to the Jazz of last season?

Similar backcourt; Rubio/ Booker vs Rubio/ Mitchell.
    At the 3 Oubre vs Ingles.
    At the 4 Saric vs Favors.
    At the 5 Ayton/ Baynes vs Gobert ...I wouldn't be surprised if Ayton loses his starting spot to Baynes at some point -Williams wont tolerate soft play at the 5.

sosawestbrook

Are they so different to the Jazz of last season?

Similar backcourt; Rubio/ Booker vs Rubio/ Mitchell.
    At the 3 Oubre vs Ingles.
    At the 4 Saric vs Favors.
    At the 5 Ayton/ Baynes vs Gobert ...I wouldn't be surprised if Ayton loses his starting spot to Baynes at some point -Williams wont tolerate soft play at the 5.
    the Jazz are one of the best defensive teams in the league. that is what they hang their hat on. Suns had a decent stretch of games last year (after acquiring Oubre) where they showed glimpses of being a tough defensive unit. but lets get one thing clear, they are absolutely no where near the level defensively of a team like the Jazz. Gobert is the reigning back to back defensive player of the year. his presence on that side of the ball is EVERYTHING. have you seen Ayton play defense? he is probably the worst defensive center in the league. it is not for lack of skill, but he just doesn't seem to give any effort. no chance he loses a starting spot though. he is an automatic double double whenever he steps on the court. though I wouldn't be shocked if Coach Monty moves him to the 4 (because he is quick enough to guard some wings) and puts Baynes at the 5 for stretches in games.

IBetYou

Yeah that's more likely, Ayton at the 4 and Saric off the bench. I like it.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

More news from the plantation. Pascal Siakam receiving 130 mill for 4 yrs. You're right, this is out of control.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    hahahahahaha. Demarcus cousins boy back at it. I still chuckle at your assessment on that topic. now this? give it a break.
    What assessment, that Cousins when healthy is one of the best bigs in the world? Bradley Beal isn't shit dude. Has the guy ever even made the playoffs? He has 0 ZERO chance of making the hall of fame, but somehow he's gonna lead a team to a ring? Fukk no. I take a break from SBR when I please.

Goat Milk

Yes man. Klay is way better than Beal. Klay was the starter on Team USA's gold medal team. Klay is one of the best 2 guard defenders in the league. And Klay was the best player on the court (including Kawhi) in game 6 of the finals before Danny Green took out his knee by running under him. Klay had almost 30 in 3 quarters and no one could stop him. He is a killer.

Is Bradley Beal a killer? An assassin?

The answer is no.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Beal a diamond dozen type

Does not make anyone better

Takes many low percentage shots

IBetYou

Yes man. Klay is way better than Beal. Klay was the starter on Team USA's gold medal team. Klay is one of the best 2 guard defenders in the league. And Klay was the best player on the court (including Kawhi) in game 6 of the finals before Danny Green took out his knee by running under him. Klay had almost 30 in 3 quarters and no one could stop him. He is a killer.

Is Bradley Beal a killer? An assassin?

The answer is no.
    Thompson's definitely got the clutch gene. Great shooter, great defender...

Can't get his own shot v.well though. I watched him in Rio and he struggled mightily except for 1 game I think -rather like Ray Allen (edit: Celtics, not Seattle ) he goes through droughts because he's reliant upon other guys getting him open looks. That's the advantage the other two have over him; they both have a tight dribble, and can both get their shot off the high screen or make the pass to the roller.

I feel Beal is the best of the three because he's the most versatile. Booker seems the most talented but there's lingering question marks about selfishness...
    Last edited by IBetYou; 10-20-19 at 06:52 AM.

12 Last