asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I will own it as well

Dude Cousins is getting my Vikes to NFC championship and hopefully beyond

Nothing that's been done since Tarkington in the 70s

If Goff can win NFC the Cousins can

And hey- at 25:1 or better, gotta put 1 unit on MVP dont' you?

Team going to win 10 or 11

Kirk 4250 yards, 35 td/10int

.....if Seattle fades (they really arent any good) and GB fades (they have like 2 home games left rest of year) this bet has significant value.

Trust in the Great Fats
    They have a tough schedule remaining. I'm not sure their OL will hold up for Cousins. He is at his worst under pressure

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Gotta at 25-1? Fukk no. How is he mvp? Cook mvp of that team.

Getting to nfc ship isn’t taking them further and that the absolute ceiling and it be in-spite of him if that happens. He will run into another good defense and lose the game for his stacked team.

2daBank

Value the funniest word used at this place. It used very subjectively. No there no value in 25-1. I got better odds on nats and cards to win WS. Those things had a chance!!

2daBank

Where cook at? I doubt this shit league will ever gives it to a rb again but how can they give to cousins when cook far more important to Vikings?

2daBank

If ya’ll still had teddy b I’d love that team!!

asiagambler

Cousins has a very good arm but he just has no pocket awareness

Always panics under pressure and often leads to bad turnovers

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Cousins has a very good arm but he just has no pocket awareness

Always panics under pressure and often leads to bad turnovers
    Good arm. No balls.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Won’t be watching. Washington is trash and Vikings are one of the most talented teams in nfc but won’t win when it counts because they have a bad qb.

The only teams in league aside from Minny that showed interest in him wer jets and Elway. That should have told Vikings all they needed to know.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Where cook at? I doubt this shit league will ever gives it to a rb again but how can they give to cousins when cook far more important to Vikings?
    It'll be awhile before a RB gets an MVP again

Will take 2000 yards + playoffs

Hell Tomlinson once lead league in rushing AND caught 100 passes and didn't even make pro bowl. RB position is history- why they don't get paid.

Not understanding the hate for Kirk here. Vikes win tomorrow (6-2), the likely favorite at injured KC (7-2) then regardless of " strength of schedule" they are beating Chi, GB, Det at home that's 10 wins there. They go 1-3 w the rest of schedule it's 11-5

You're telling me the QB on a 11-5 team w 4300 yards and 35 tds isn't in the MVP discussions?

Put 1 unit on it men.....it's a well placed bet.

If Rodgers goes 12-4 he's MVP

If Wilson goes 11-5 he's MVP

If Brady goes 16-0 he's maybe MVP depending on if any of those teams finish w a winning record

If McCaffrey wins 11 he's in the talk

Other than that.....WHO YOU GOT w/ a better payout?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

So much disdain for ole Kirk. Guy is putting up legit numbers this year. He has had his issues, but outside of Brady, who hasn’t? Maybe could put Brees up there. Rodgers has had his failures too. QB such a difficult position to play. It’s so easy to shit the bed, and turn the ball over. Windows are ridiculously small throwing over linebackers, and in front of safeties in order to complete passes. Getting it to the boundaries and anticipating the spot to hit where your guy can get it, and not a world class athlete on the other side of the ball with just as much speed. As you stand in a pocket with giants made of muscle, and childhood trauma surrounding you, half of which are trying to smack the piss out of you. All the while, you’re supposed to stay calm, move your feet, and dissect where to toss a ball in a maze of people running around at top flight speed.

Gotta be creative to have openings and success. Brady and Bill the masters of creating easy completions. Rodgers has to use his freakish arm to drill it into spots. Brees has Payton running the show with his sometimes genius like play calling. Mahomes is just a freak of nature. Andy Reid can be a master as well, and knows how to create space to open up the field for favorable matchups. Then Mahomes just makes throws and plays like no one ever. I don’t think there’s a way to figure him out and neutralize him like they did with guys like Kaep.

After that group, you have a bunch of white guys that barely belong on the field with all the world class athletes surrounding them. Most can barely run. Aren’t made of muscle like the rest of the league, and if they couldn’t throw a ball 70 yards then they would be selling real estate, or doing your taxes. They have to use their head to overcome their athletic weakness. You see athletes like Kaep and somewhat Cam start off well utilizing their athleticism. Then come down to earth when the coaches learn where to put their guys on D to be there to stop em. Kaep turns into a guy who is stuck in the pocket with a pea brain and can barely bounce it to his receivers, if he’s lucky enough to not have it end up with the other team first.

Kirk doing well as they utilize play action a lot, and effectively. You gotta create an edge. Helps to have a stud in Cook to keep defenses honest. The rest of the pack of QB’s can only do so much. The system determines so much. He has looked bad while playing with subpar offensive units and game plans. Even this year they were playing like shit until they switched things up. They started being more aggressive and let Kirk sling it to get Diggs, and AT going. Not just pounding the rock then putting Kirk in bad spots where the defense knows what’s coming. Such a thin line between looking great, and looking like garbage. Gotta have people around you who know what they’re doing. He seemingly has that now. We will see if they keep it up as the competition gets tougher, and defenses adjust. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until his play says otherwise, and right now his play says that’s he one of the top mafckas going.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Rudolph over 30.5 yards.

MinnesotaFats

Yes

He is a top mafckas!

asiagambler

Wrong take

Outdoor grass..... look up Vikes record outdoors and grass over last 25 years. It'll shock you. Team is built for turf.
    I don't really look at records from 25 years ago. I prefer to look at the matchups

asiagambler

I don't hate Cousins and he can win a Super Bowl with this team. After all, worse QBs have won. I just don't think he's anything more than an average QB

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't hate Cousins and he can win a Super Bowl with this team. After all, worse QBs have won. I just don't think he's anything more than an average QB
    There aren't 15 quarterbacks better than him, that's absurd. He's a top ten qn, not too 5.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    There aren't 15 quarterbacks better than him, that's absurd. He's a top ten qn, not too 5.
    Maybe you're right but I'm just speaking generally. I don't think he's a franchise QB nor worth the contract

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cousins on a Roll

Stick them in teasers

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

MinnesotaFats

I don't really look at records from 25 years ago. I prefer to look at the matchups
    That's kind of the same point I was making. The team has historically drafted for particular lateral speed and undersized front 7 and OLine (especially in the zone blocking scheme).

The Vikes can do this because they have 10-12 games per year usually on turf (9 indoors for sure)

The speed is negated on grass, and the undersized nature of our O and D lines get more exposed when playing teams that are more focused on size and one on one blocking.

This is indicative of the record, the record reflects the deficient matchups

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Let's hear it

Cousins on pace for MVP season

Vikings are rolling, probably favorite in NFC after this win

Where will you watch the destruction?

What will you eat and drink as Cousin's unloads on Washington?

Will you post on SBR and embrace the Great Fats?
    Cousins MVP?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Haskins playing?

if so i might watch

jjgold

Over 42

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

This thread will auto bump in 2 months

Someone let SBR Genie know

If I'm allowed to bump after creeping around headquarters last January......
    Bumping old sports thread because you have an additional update in regards to the topic is okay, Minnesota. So, no worries.

Our team is good enough to know if someone will bump a long-time thread for no specific reason or with a specific agenda.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Good thing there isn't any homerizism going on in this thread
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Minny on a 19-2-2 run vs non division home favs. Only time they were laying 14 or more LOSS at Home to Bills.

Also interesting

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 10-24-19 at 10:24 AM.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I'm taking the night off and taking the ole lady out to stuff a steak down her throat and act like I
    want to hang out with her.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Shockar start fading Seattle

That's my 2 cents

Team living on borrowed time and miracle plays from Wilson. They're 8-8 squad.

I know football
    You know NOTHING about football. You are a homer who should be banned in here for all the trash you talk. How much do you want to wager that Cousins, one of the biggest disappointments in football history, wins the MVP award. I say he does not. Time to put up or shut up homer.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

It'll be awhile before a RB gets an MVP again

Will take 2000 yards + playoffs

Hell Tomlinson once lead league in rushing AND caught 100 passes and didn't even make pro bowl. RB position is history- why they don't get paid.

Not understanding the hate for Kirk here. Vikes win tomorrow (6-2), the likely favorite at injured KC (7-2) then regardless of " strength of schedule" they are beating Chi, GB, Det at home that's 10 wins there. They go 1-3 w the rest of schedule it's 11-5

You're telling me the QB on a 11-5 team w 4300 yards and 35 tds isn't in the MVP discussions?

Put 1 unit on it men.....it's a well placed bet.

If Rodgers goes 12-4 he's MVP

If Wilson goes 11-5 he's MVP

If Brady goes 16-0 he's maybe MVP depending on if any of those teams finish w a winning record

If McCaffrey wins 11 he's in the talk

Other than that.....WHO YOU GOT w/ a better payout?
    Christian McCaffrey is overrated as can be

everyone just thinks he is good looking so they like him

last game he had something like 22 carries for 33 yards

Teddy Bridgewater has a better shot at MVP

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You know NOTHING about football. You are a homer who should be banned in here for all the trash you talk. How much do you want to wager that Cousins, one of the biggest disappointments in football history, wins the MVP award. I say he does not. Time to put up or shut up homer.
    At 25:1 he is unlikely to win the award, but if you read the messages instead of your typical knee jerk impotent rhetoric reaction you'd find a discussion about the value of placing a unit here on a QB that will be on a 10 or 11 win team, have 4500 yards and 35 tds. By seasons end Cousins stats will compare w Rodgers and Wilson and Watson and the odds will come down.

We know Rodgers hasn't finished 3 of the last 4 seasons and Wilson has no weapons and no line. The other front runners are hurt or on teams unlikely to make the playoffs.

To describe Cousins as "one of the biggest disappointments in football history" illustrates how isolated you are. Your opinion is worthless and based on absolutely nothing logical. The guy is the most durable QB this decade behind Brady, has been top 10 in yards and TDs each of last 7 years, has a winning record overall (despite playing for Washington) and is 14-9 as Vikings starter over 1.5 seasons while either holding or being 2nd in every meaningful single season stat record for MN.

You can have an opinion, but please put some thought into it- you're lacking facts.

MinnesotaFats

23/26 285 yards of perfect football

36:30 TOP

Guy is top 5 QB in NFL

2daBank

Couldn’t even cover against a terrible rookie in second half and you praising him!! Lmfao,

He was awesome in the red zone. You know, where it counts!!

asiagambler

23/26 285 yards of perfect football

36:30 TOP

Guy is top 5 QB in NFL
    Didn't cover though. Only thing I care about

2daBank

Hilarious you think that was a good game. Guess when your team been garbage for well their entire history, you call that impressive! Lmfao

jjgold

Cousins playing well let’s
    Not deny it

2daBank

Didn't cover though. Only thing I care about
    Yep, they come nowhere close to doing their job and guy praising the loser for yardage that equated to 19 points!! Only sbr fan boys!!

First 123 Last