1. #1
    SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 7,362
    Betpoints: 264

    Jim Harbaugh Michigan

    Jim Harbaugh dismisses report Tuesday that he was exploring an ďexit strategy" from Michigan to take a job in the NFL.
    A letter to parents of current players and recruits was circulated on social media Wednesday morning by Sam Webb, publisher of the The Michigan Insider and host of the morning talk show of the same name in Ann Arbor, was confirmed as authentic by a Michigan team spokesman.
    ďI am reaching out to let you know that the recent claims that I am Ďpursuing an exit strategyí are total crap,Ē Harbaugh writes in the letter. "Itís an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit.

  2. #2
    SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-18
    Posts: 3,938
    Betpoints: 1926

    I believe him, because it's Michigan that's looking for the exit strategy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unlearn, Yulia74, and Nitrogen

  3. #3
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,892
    Betpoints: 192

    So, heís looking for an exit strategy

  4. #4
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,846
    Betpoints: 1168

    Michigan wants him out

  5. #5
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,009
    Betpoints: 78

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    So, heís looking for an exit strategy
    Word is he prefers the back door.

  6. #6
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 19,540
    Betpoints: 8460

    Harbaugh writes in the letter. "It’s an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit." An annual strategy? How come we did not hear of this before? Harbaugh sounds like he is running for the Democratic nomination for President.

  7. #7
    SendIt247
    SendIt247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-19
    Posts: 314
    Betpoints: 10

    Michigan can not recruit.

    That program is irrelevant since Buckeyes ruin them every year. It will be same thing this year in a landslide.

    The coach will not matter for Michigan. Ever.

  8. #8
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,658

    They treat Harbaugh like a King. Unlike any other coach ever at Michigan. He'd be a fool to leave.

    I'm not against people who use pot etc... but there's been exclusive rumors that Harbaugh uses a lot daily. Don't know if that effects his work or not?

    Honestly.... with the salary he makes... and the freedom he has to do what he wants.... you couldn't ask for a better job.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  9. #9
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,846
    Betpoints: 1168

    Boosters all want him out

  10. #10
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    I believe him, because it's Michigan that's looking for the exit strategy
    the only way they keep him is if they donít think they can find someone better

  11. #11
    Ph q all
    Ph q all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-17
    Posts: 705
    Betpoints: 2902

    Bo Pelini

  12. #12
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,846
    Betpoints: 1168

    The guy even has a loser personality that doesnít breed winning

  13. #13
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,009
    Betpoints: 78

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the only way they keep him is if they donít think they can find someone better
    History says they canít. Michigan always been second rate with a 1st rate brand and expectations.

  14. #14
    matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-16
    Posts: 317
    Betpoints: 937

    Quote Originally Posted by SendIt247 View Post
    Michigan can not recruit.

    That program is irrelevant since Buckeyes ruin them every year. It will be same thing this year in a landslide.






    The coach will not matter for Michigan. Ever.

    Coaching is key. When Cooper was coach for Ohio State he could never beat Michigan. Wanted Cooper gone and he was there forever, it seemed like. It all changed once Tressel came in. Fun time now.

  15. #15
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,892
    Betpoints: 192

    Bob and Mike Stoops

  16. #16
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,820
    Betpoints: 3869

    jimmy is a good coach

  17. #17
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,820
    Betpoints: 3869

    “I could pick up the yellow pages of college coaches right now, close my eyes and pick a better coach than Jim Harbaugh.”
    - finebaum



    I could the same thing with football analysts

  18. #18
    floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-19
    Posts: 1,139
    Betpoints: 1096

    harbaugh and is bro have problem


  19. #19
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,846
    Betpoints: 1168

    Michigan will win again once they get a new philosophy and coach

  20. #20
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,473
    Betpoints: 5051

    Suspect coach today and suspect QB back the day.. Just does enough to win barely when surrounded with talent.. My take..

  21. #21
    roy292
    roy292's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 18

    I think recruiting at Michigan is harder than Harbaugh thought it would be. Nfl may be easier for him. I don't think they will fire him unless he lose to Michigan State or something. Michigan is a academic school. Players seem to be doing better in class. I think he safe for now.

  22. #22
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 17,307
    Betpoints: 411

    Michigan is who they should be. Anything beyond that is just chatter. Harbaugh is who he should be at Michigan. Guy has never really won big games. Itís not like Michigan has been filling up trophy cases anyway the last 20-30 years. Only 4-5 teams are competing for national titles anyway. Only 12 teams have a better win percentage than he does since he was hired.

    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/tre...rly_since_2015

    Beating Ohio state is the real problem and thatís not changing. Been that way for 20 years even before him. Ohio State is 1000% committed to football over academics. The top 10 road games have sucked for Harbaugh. They play like they have mono. Geography and admissions standards matter. Michigan is getting 10 wins at a school that wants to make rockets and solve the cure for cancer. The other schools donít give a damn about academics. Michigan should follow their lead. Maybe ND but outside of a couple playoff appearances and beating up on a down USC program they are the same as Michigan. The university president doesnít even know where the stadium is at Michigan. At other schools the AD is the university president.

    Harbaugh has basically done everything they have asked except beat Ohio State. Revenue is through the roof... and thatís all that really matters. Heís not going anywhere. Thatís just internet chatter, fan boys, delusional losers, dumb alumni, Wal Mart Wolverines, guys that lost sports bets and the other schools that want the same players he recruits.

    Recruiting classes. Heís not doing that bad... the problem is they look lost and unprepared on game day.

    2015: 37 (year he was hired)
    2016: 8
    2017: 5
    2018: 22
    2019: 8
    2020: 9
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 10-23-19 at 10:20 PM.

  23. #23
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 17,307
    Betpoints: 411

    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    “I could pick up the yellow pages of college coaches right now, close my eyes and pick a better coach than Jim Harbaugh.”
    - finebaum

    I could the same thing with football analysts

    Finebaum- another SEC apologist.

  24. #24
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,820
    Betpoints: 3869

    i can pick 5 people at the bus stop that are better college football analysts than this geezer

  25. #25
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,658

    Quote Originally Posted by roy292 View Post
    I think recruiting at Michigan is harder than Harbaugh thought it would be. Nfl may be easier for him. I don't think they will fire him unless he lose to Michigan State or something. Michigan is a academic school. Players seem to be doing better in class. I think he safe for now.
    I think the media has overreacted when it comes to expectations. Michigan would never fire Harbaugh. Even if they lose to State. Harbaugh would be the only one to say he wants out. It's any coaches dream. Just like Alabama would never get rid of Saban.

    What's really surprising with Michigan... they really don't have a special player to go to. Everyone is basically average. Offense and defense. Harbaugh always had a QB... or a TE or a defense that he could count on. He really has nothing.
    Everyone should blame it on poor recruiting by Harbaugh. Or the staff that's in charge of recruiting. I don't think you can just blame if on... no one wants to come to Ann Arbor. That's just BS. If anything.... Michigan State would be the sh#$ school. It's trash over there.

    As for schools like Eastern Michigan.... Central Michigan.... etc... kids are still going there. It's not like the entire state is dead.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  26. #26
    G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-24-19
    Posts: 317
    Betpoints: 6078

    What NFL team would want him?

  27. #27
    xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-08
    Posts: 1,272
    Betpoints: 3689

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think the media has overreacted when it comes to expectations. Michigan would never fire Harbaugh. Even if they lose to State. Harbaugh would be the only one to say he wants out. It's any coaches dream. Just like Alabama would never get rid of Saban.

    What's really surprising with Michigan... they really don't have a special player to go to. Everyone is basically average. Offense and defense. Harbaugh always had a QB... or a TE or a defense that he could count on. He really has nothing.
    Everyone should blame it on poor recruiting by Harbaugh. Or the staff that's in charge of recruiting. I don't think you can just blame if on... no one wants to come to Ann Arbor. That's just BS. If anything.... Michigan State would be the sh#$ school. It's trash over there.

    As for schools like Eastern Michigan.... Central Michigan.... etc... kids are still going there. It's not like the entire state is dead.
    Dead on. I can't remember them having a dangerous target on offense to take over a game since Braylon Edwards and Mario Manningham.

Top