SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Jim Harbaugh Michigan

Jim Harbaugh dismisses report Tuesday that he was exploring an “exit strategy" from Michigan to take a job in the NFL.
    A letter to parents of current players and recruits was circulated on social media Wednesday morning by Sam Webb, publisher of the The Michigan Insider and host of the morning talk show of the same name in Ann Arbor, was confirmed as authentic by a Michigan team spokesman.
    “I am reaching out to let you know that the recent claims that I am ‘pursuing an exit strategy’ are total crap,” Harbaugh writes in the letter. "It’s an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

I believe him, because it's Michigan that's looking for the exit strategy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unlearn, Yulia74, and Nitrogen

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

So, he’s looking for an exit strategy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Michigan wants him out

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    So, he’s looking for an exit strategy
    Word is he prefers the back door.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Harbaugh writes in the letter. "It’s an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit." An annual strategy? How come we did not hear of this before? Harbaugh sounds like he is running for the Democratic nomination for President.

SendIt247
    SendIt247's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan can not recruit.

That program is irrelevant since Buckeyes ruin them every year. It will be same thing this year in a landslide.

The coach will not matter for Michigan. Ever.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They treat Harbaugh like a King. Unlike any other coach ever at Michigan. He'd be a fool to leave.

I'm not against people who use pot etc... but there's been exclusive rumors that Harbaugh uses a lot daily. Don't know if that effects his work or not?

Honestly.... with the salary he makes... and the freedom he has to do what he wants.... you couldn't ask for a better job.

jjgold

Boosters all want him out

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    I believe him, because it's Michigan that's looking for the exit strategy
    the only way they keep him is if they don’t think they can find someone better

Ph q all
    Ph q all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2902

Bo Pelini

jjgold

The guy even has a loser personality that doesn’t breed winning

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the only way they keep him is if they don’t think they can find someone better
    History says they can’t. Michigan always been second rate with a 1st rate brand and expectations.

matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

Quote Originally Posted by SendIt247 View Post
    Michigan can not recruit.

That program is irrelevant since Buckeyes ruin them every year. It will be same thing this year in a landslide.

The coach will not matter for Michigan. Ever.

Coaching is key. When Cooper was coach for Ohio State he could never beat Michigan. Wanted Cooper gone and he was there forever, it seemed like. It all changed once Tressel came in. Fun time now.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bob and Mike Stoops

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

jimmy is a good coach

Yulia74

“I could pick up the yellow pages of college coaches right now, close my eyes and pick a better coach than Jim Harbaugh.”
    - finebaum

I could the same thing with football analysts

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

harbaugh and is bro have problem

jjgold

Michigan will win again once they get a new philosophy and coach

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Suspect coach today and suspect QB back the day.. Just does enough to win barely when surrounded with talent.. My take..

roy292
    roy292's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I think recruiting at Michigan is harder than Harbaugh thought it would be. Nfl may be easier for him. I don't think they will fire him unless he lose to Michigan State or something. Michigan is a academic school. Players seem to be doing better in class. I think he safe for now.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 875

Michigan is who they should be. Anything beyond that is just chatter. Harbaugh is who he should be at Michigan. Guy has never really won big games. It’s not like Michigan has been filling up trophy cases anyway the last 20-30 years. Only 4-5 teams are competing for national titles anyway. Only 12 teams have a better win percentage than he does since he was hired.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncf/tre...rly_since_2015

Beating Ohio state is the real problem and that’s not changing. Been that way for 20 years even before him. Ohio State is 1000% committed to football over academics. The top 10 road games have sucked for Harbaugh. They play like they have mono. Geography and admissions standards matter. Michigan is getting 10 wins at a school that wants to make rockets and solve the cure for cancer. The other schools don’t give a damn about academics. Michigan should follow their lead. Maybe ND but outside of a couple playoff appearances and beating up on a down USC program they are the same as Michigan. The university president doesn’t even know where the stadium is at Michigan. At other schools the AD is the university president.

Harbaugh has basically done everything they have asked except beat Ohio State. Revenue is through the roof... and that’s all that really matters. He’s not going anywhere. That’s just internet chatter, fan boys, delusional losers, dumb alumni, Wal Mart Wolverines, guys that lost sports bets and the other schools that want the same players he recruits.

Recruiting classes. He’s not doing that bad... the problem is they look lost and unprepared on game day.

2015: 37 (year he was hired)
    2016: 8
    2017: 5
    2018: 22
    2019: 8
    2020: 9
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 10-23-19 at 09:20 PM.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 875

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    “I could pick up the yellow pages of college coaches right now, close my eyes and pick a better coach than Jim Harbaugh.”
    - finebaum

I could the same thing with football analysts

Finebaum- another SEC apologist.

Yulia74

i can pick 5 people at the bus stop that are better college football analysts than this geezer

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by roy292 View Post
    I think recruiting at Michigan is harder than Harbaugh thought it would be. Nfl may be easier for him. I don't think they will fire him unless he lose to Michigan State or something. Michigan is a academic school. Players seem to be doing better in class. I think he safe for now.
    I think the media has overreacted when it comes to expectations. Michigan would never fire Harbaugh. Even if they lose to State. Harbaugh would be the only one to say he wants out. It's any coaches dream. Just like Alabama would never get rid of Saban.

What's really surprising with Michigan... they really don't have a special player to go to. Everyone is basically average. Offense and defense. Harbaugh always had a QB... or a TE or a defense that he could count on. He really has nothing.
    Everyone should blame it on poor recruiting by Harbaugh. Or the staff that's in charge of recruiting. I don't think you can just blame if on... no one wants to come to Ann Arbor. That's just BS. If anything.... Michigan State would be the sh#$ school. It's trash over there.

As for schools like Eastern Michigan.... Central Michigan.... etc... kids are still going there. It's not like the entire state is dead.

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

What NFL team would want him?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think the media has overreacted when it comes to expectations. Michigan would never fire Harbaugh. Even if they lose to State. Harbaugh would be the only one to say he wants out. It's any coaches dream. Just like Alabama would never get rid of Saban.

What's really surprising with Michigan... they really don't have a special player to go to. Everyone is basically average. Offense and defense. Harbaugh always had a QB... or a TE or a defense that he could count on. He really has nothing.
    Everyone should blame it on poor recruiting by Harbaugh. Or the staff that's in charge of recruiting. I don't think you can just blame if on... no one wants to come to Ann Arbor. That's just BS. If anything.... Michigan State would be the sh#$ school. It's trash over there.

As for schools like Eastern Michigan.... Central Michigan.... etc... kids are still going there. It's not like the entire state is dead.
    Dead on. I can't remember them having a dangerous target on offense to take over a game since Braylon Edwards and Mario Manningham.