VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

Chinese state TV does not air NBA's opening night slate

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ng-night-slate

Chinese state television did not air the NBA's opening night games Tuesday, and the league's streaming partner, Tencent, reduced its schedule and was showing just the Los Angeles Lakers-LA Clippers game.

CCTV has customarily shown the league's opening night games but has pulled all NBA broadcasts in the wake of Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey's tweet on Oct. 4 supporting anti-government protests in Hong Kong. Tencent has reduced its schedule but did stream some preseason games.

Tencent is a media partner of ESPN and the NBA. The NBA declined comment.

In a commentary over the weekend, CCTV said NBA commissioner Adam Silver will face "retribution sooner or later" for saying last week that Chinese officials made it clear they wanted Morey fired. The Chinese government denied Silver's claim.

Meanwhile, outside Staples Center before the Lakers-Clippers opener, a small group of protesters chanted and offered fans T-shirts that read: "Fight For Freedom Stand For Hong Kong"

Over the summer, the NBA agreed to a five-year extension to the streaming rights deal with Tencent reportedly worth $1.5 billion.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol morons

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

If they don't get this worked out imagine any matchups between China and the U.S. in future Olympics basketball.

Guarantee there will be brawls.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

The Chinese pissed off with the NBA tweets. Hong Kong win.

Chinese people love hoop though.. It's too bad actually that it comes down to this.. NBA should get out of dodge.. Trump had to pull strings to get the Ball brothers out jail with the UCLA visit..

Players could get cuffed and jailed if they look the wrong way now.. Targets..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

chinese are crazy people

they scare the hell out of me

just mean AF they eat dogs and cats and kill innocent whales for no reason

and they are the ones making those vape pens that are killing people

USA should just cut off all communication and business with them and let them do their own thing

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nba should of just shut up

They blew it

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    chinese are crazy people

they scare the hell out of me

just mean AF they eat dogs and cats and kill innocent whales for no reason

and they are the ones making those vape pens that are killing people

USA should just cut off all communication and business with them and let them do their own thing
    I have a Chinese drone and wrap it with tin foil when not in use, just in case

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

NBA is huge in China. I am in Shenzhen right now and the laker game is being shown everywhere, I was able to watch the Toronto game as well at a sports bar here. Don't believe everything you read.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

NBA a shit league anyway. Who cares? College Basketball is good. Strategy and teams really try. NBA just people running in circles for 48 minutes.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    NBA a shit league anyway. Who cares? College Basketball is good. Strategy and teams really try. NBA just people running in circles for 48 minutes.
    Football is like this too.

NCAAF Saturday is 5 times better than NFL sunday/monday now. That abomination last night between the Pats and Jets is irrefutable proof. Why millionaire pros can't snap a ball or keep from false starting while college kids play action packed entertaining football is mind blowing.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Football is like this too.

NCAAF Saturday is 5 times better than NFL sunday/monday now. That abomination last night between the Pats and Jets is irrefutable proof. Why millionaire pros can't snap a ball or keep from false starting while college kids play action packed entertaining football is mind blowing.
    Agreed. College sports far more entertaining. MLB and NHL best pro leagues.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We should not tell China how to run Country

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    NBA is huge in China. I am in Shenzhen right now and the laker game is being shown everywhere, I was able to watch the Toronto game as well at a sports bar here. Don't believe everything you read.
    My son is going to Long Khan for at least a few months on Friday. Are you anywhere near there usually?

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We should not tell China how to run Country
    This sounds reasonable as long as there are no situations where it's people vs. tanks. Let me know when we get to that point.