Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

What Up With That Stanford Line Move?

There's some serious wise guy action on the UCLA Bruins tonight. 61% of the bets have come in on Stanford but the line has moved from -9.5 to -3.5. Whuh?!

I know Stanford's talking about possibly starting their 3rd string QB but still. The Bruins have been terrible all year, except for one crazy night in Pullman. Stanford's fresh off beating Washington, while the Bruins just got trounced by Oregon State. Jeez!

One generally doesn't get rich going against the sharp money. I loved Stanford in this spot, but now I gotta believe the only way to go here is to take UCLA +150 on the ML. Don't ask me to explain it, just bet it, sit back and watch.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Lang is on stanford

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Stanford IS starting their 3rd string. Their OL is also banged up, will be starting 3 true freshman.

UCLA has been terrible but their run defense is actually decent and Stanford will likely heavily lean on Scarlett, a running back that's not very explosive to begin with.

Stanford's defense isn't that much better than UCLA's and the Bruins have some decent skill players with Josh Kelley and Demetric Felton.

Hard to say if there's any value left at current number though I do think UCLA ML is the only way to bet this.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a throw away game between two teams who more than likely will not get a bowl bid this season. Both teams must win this game to entertain any hopes of finishing .500 or better. Stanford is 3-3 and could well be dogs in their final 5 games. Uceless is 1-5 and faces a near impossible situation. Besides having to win this game, they would have to go 4-1 to finish the season, including home games against Arizona State, Colorado and Cal, and away games at Utah (a sure loser) and at the Coliseum against a USC team that could be playing for their HC's job. It is simply not worth playing a game with so many negatives and so few positives. Pass.
    Points Awarded:

MikeyD323 gave BigdaddyQH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

been eyeing a stanford FADE for what seems like 6 or 7 years... is it finally here?

of course, they are playing UCLA.... so disappointing.

who's stanford 3rd string?.... is walker little back? probably, i haven't checked (and he could have been back a few weeks ago)

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    been eyeing a stanford FADE for what seems like 6 or 7 years... is it finally here?

of course, they are playing UCLA.... so disappointing.

who's stanford 3rd string?.... is walker little back? probably, i haven't checked (and he could have been back a few weeks ago)
    Stanford's 3rd string is Jack West. He's a pro style QB.

Walker Little is out for the season

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Bet it, just sitting back watching, thinking about lighting up a cigar.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Bet it, just sitting back watching, thinking about lighting up a cigar.
    nice call. and a semi-contrarian one as stanford over UCLA i think has been no-brainer for awhile

gojetsgomoxies

yup, stanford was 8-1 last 9 vs. UCLA.. i just guessed they'd have good ATS record vs. UCLA but that's crazy.

things have changed so this might not be relevant. stanford has had losing ATS experience vs. utah. utah = like stanford and opposite of UCLA. utah is overachieving and tough low scoring team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stanford looked terrible

Sharps nailed this one