2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Season flying by! Only good thing about that is it means ncaa hoops is closing in fast which ya’ll know I love!!!

Thought I’d get it started earlier this week. I only have made one early play this week as I hadn’t had any time until now., that play is.,...

Gators -6 ev.. this such a interesting game for situational cappers so I’d love to hear guys thoughts.

We have scary oft the huge (probably coaches job saving) home upset of UGA, this would normally be a instant auto fade especially considering it was a physical game where their qb got banged up!

The problem? Gators coming off a incredibly physical big home win against auburn then a tough road loss last week against LSU where gators actually had a very good chance to win. So gators could be exhausted off the auburn slugfest then the LSU track meet! Do they have anything left in the tank?? If they do this line is gravy as if everything equal gators easily win this by a td +! So bad spots for both teams for different reasons, i decided to look at situational like a wash and went w the superior team laying less than 7..,,

I have several more leans and plays coming. Another situational spot I like the team in the bad situation would be Baylor +3.5, Everything points to okie lite situationally but i believe Baylor brings in the vastly superior run d which is huge against a okie lite team who really relies on the rushing attack! Haven’t pulled the trigger cause I hate spot w Baylor coming off the double OT scare while okie lite coming off a loss and a bye, which prob explains why Baylor a ranked dog which also scary. Wanted to get everyone’s opinion on weight they put on situational spot vs superior talent??

Wanted to get thread started so we could let the discussion fly and try to bang out more winners for 3rd week in a row!!!!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only net I made so far was Penn State, Penn State run defense is elite and Patterson without a running game I think struggles. I don't see a lot I like on the card this week.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The only net I made so far was Penn State, Penn State run defense is elite and Patterson without a running game I think struggles. I don't see a lot I like on the card this week.
    Yea I like pen st too, by time I looked it was freakin -9 tho. Where you get it?? I was so hoping they lost at Iowa and we got them -7 here. I saw it opened -7.5, I’d have prob bought hook and jumped there. Think better to grab now? You think it going to -10?

I’m just little gun shy laying that when it could be another low scoring shitfest.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Yea I like pen st too, by time I looked it was freakin -9 tho. Where you get it?? I was so hoping they lost at Iowa and we got them -7 here. I saw it opened -7.5, I’d have prob bought hook and jumped there. Think better to grab now? You think it going to -10?

I’m just little gun shy laying that when it could be another low scoring shitfest.
    I wanted 7 too since someone has been betting Michigan all year like we saw in the wisconsin game. I got 8.5.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25474

Good luck this weekend banker. I am looking forward to college hoops too.
    Didnt bet last weekend after getting kicked in the balls first few weeks of football. Been working too much lately. Looking forward to the slow down this winter.

pickle_texas
    pickle_texas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4321

banker, how'd you do this weekend? haven't kept up much but joining back probably by friday

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

like gators too its the only way Id play it although it could be a tough game. sc celebrated like they won the big one it was a great win for them but with those emotions and coming back the following week and being totally right for florida is a task

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pickle_texas View Post
    banker, how'd you do this weekend? haven't kept up much but joining back probably by friday
    Crushed totals, sides were decent in ncaa, terrible in nfl last week. I’d have to go back and look but off top my head think I went 3-3 with sides but like 7-1 on totals!!

look forward to hearing from you bro!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    like gators too its the only way Id play it although it could be a tough game. sc celebrated like they won the big one it was a great win for them but with those emotions and coming back the following week and being totally right for florida is a task
    Like I said normally this be a huge situational bet on gators, fading scary. I just worry how much gators have left in tank after those 2 big top 10 showdowns in a row? Huge class relief for gators tho, and no clue if scary qb even play?

jtoler

Like I said normally this be a huge situational bet on gators, fading scary. I just worry how much gators have left in tank after those 2 big top 10 showdowns in a row? Huge class relief for gators tho, and no clue if scary qb even play?
    Im ok with trask if mullen gameplans correctly like he did against auburn. Im more concerned about gators dl suspended I heard on radio they have 2 ends out but I only see one dl out. it wont be easy and Im gonna think about it more havent put anything down on it yet

2daBank

Im ok with trask if mullen gameplans correctly like he did against auburn. Im more concerned about gators dl suspended I heard on radio they have 2 ends out but I only see one dl out. it wont be easy and Im gonna think about it more havent put anything down on it yet
    I feel like they put something in the water for their dline! One guy out another stud comes in and gets after passer. Line does feel little fishy. Really think it just comes down to what gators have in the tank? If they not worn down they should roll. I’m not very good figuring out which way these lines will go, totals often move my way, sides seem like a coin flip but I didn’t wanna wait and see it go to 7. 6 at even money seemed like right move to me.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

PennSt

Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

I am moving up my Oregon -3 wager. Any Pac-12 experts want to talk me off the ledge?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    PennSt
    Yea I agree. Was really hoping they would lose last week to set this one up better. Little scared laying so many points In what could be another race to 14! Lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Purduekev View Post
    I am moving up my Oregon -3 wager. Any Pac-12 experts want to talk me off the ledge?
    Wouldn’t call myself a pac-12 expert but I do worry about ducks ability to move ball and win big games. That said udub not gonna be able to move ball either. I was lookin under more than a side. I did see some -2s earlier in week so might wanna shop around or see which way it moving, I think the 3 might come into play here.

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 41

Troy -15 lol

Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Wouldn’t call myself a pac-12 expert but I do worry about ducks ability to move ball and win big games. That said udub not gonna be able to move ball either. I was lookin under more than a side. I did see some -2s earlier in week so might wanna shop around or see which way it moving, I think the 3 might come into play here.
    Makes sense on the total. Common opponent California and both Washington and Oregon played at home and both games well under the total.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If the best you can do is Florida -6, you are getting screwed. The line is -5 all over Vegas. IMO, the best wager on the board has to do with my alma mater, who I never wager on, for or against. USC is -10 against an Arizona team that has a QB that defines the very weakness of the USC defense. Arizona QB Khalil Tate is healthy again. He can run the ball with the best of them. The USC defense has major problems with mobile QB's. USC's offense is pretty dinged up. USC deserves to be a 3 point favorite because of the home field. On a neutral site, this game is a pick. 10 points is way too many to give a team that actually has a better W-L record than you. USC has only won 1 game by 10 or more points, and that was at home against Stanford minus their QB. We all know how disappointing Stanford has been (3-3, 2-4 ATS).

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by dhristov211 View Post
    Troy -15 lol
    I was just about to ask if anyone had a read on this one since the playoff game postponed and just have hockey plays tonight!! Lol.

Seems like despite Troy usually being the better team s.bama tends to keep this game close no?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Florida

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If the best you can do is Florida -6, you are getting screwed. The line is -5 all over Vegas. IMO, the best wager on the board has to do with my alma mater, who I never wager on, for or against. USC is -10 against an Arizona team that has a QB that defines the very weakness of the USC defense. Arizona QB Khalil Tate is healthy again. He can run the ball with the best of them. The USC defense has major problems with mobile QB's. USC's offense is pretty dinged up. USC deserves to be a 3 point favorite because of the home field. On a neutral site, this game is a pick. 10 points is way too many to give a team that actually has a better W-L record than you. USC has only won 1 game by 10 or more points, and that was at home against Stanford minus their QB. We all know how disappointing Stanford has been (3-3, 2-4 ATS).
    I agree seems like sc plays to competition level this year. I think people sleeping on stanford they werent supposed to be good really this year with returning the fewest players in the pac-12 mills is an upgrade to me and at home they play motivated physical football I think they will finish strong dont understand their line against bruins all over the cardinal hopefully mills' calf is not a problem

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    PennSt
    at first I leaned Michigan, but the more I think about it... I think you're right

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Well whatever, i played it -6 ev. Not gonna lie or tell ppl I bet it at different number than I did. Maybe I shoulda waited but was more worried about it going to -7 than caring if it went to -5. As I said I’m terrible predicting which way sides will move., didn’t say it was best bet on board, mentioned little concerned about gators being out of gas after couple top 10 showdowns but gotta fade scary off the huge upset and possibly without their qb.

Agree about zona. USC prob has a few more games circled like last week where they will get up and play great, but weeks like this against a team like zona I just don’t see them playin their best with a lame duck coach. Zona could very well win this outright if good Tate shows up.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Florida
    Glad we agree!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Purduekev View Post
    Makes sense on the total. Common opponent California and both Washington and Oregon played at home and both games well under the total.
    That a reasonable comp too since cal plays very good D as do ducks, udub hasn’t played as consistently great d but they capable. Obviously both offenses better than call but neither real explosive.

2daBank

I agree seems like sc plays to competition level this year. I think people sleeping on stanford they werent supposed to be good really this year with returning the fewest players in the pac-12 mills is an upgrade to me and at home they play motivated physical football I think they will finish strong dont understand their line against bruins all over the cardinal hopefully mills' calf is not a problem
    Def think their offense better w mills, makes me lean over there.

Just mentioned similar thoughts about usc playing up and down to comp. lame duck coach, they prob have few games circled they will rise up like last week but I can see being very flat weeks like this one.

jtoler

Def think their offense better w mills, makes me lean over there.

Just mentioned similar thoughts about usc playing up and down to comp. lame duck coach, they prob have few games circled they will rise up like last week but I can see being very flat weeks like this one.
    sc gave up over 300 on the ground against dame and now have to face a zona team that averages over 5 a carry like dame and the dynamic tate who can take it to the house himself but sc is looking at losing 3 in a row which may be enough motivation for them to crawl out of the hole

2daBank

sc gave up over 300 on the ground against dame and now have to face a zona team that averages over 5 a carry like dame and the dynamic tate who can take it to the house himself but sc is looking at losing 3 in a row which may be enough motivation for them to crawl out of the hole
    Tate is basically impossible to cap (for me anyways), kid will make incredible plays then turn around and do one of most awful things imaginable on the field!! You see that shit the other week where he threw it backwards with his left hand? Lol, wtf was that??

jtoler

Tate is basically impossible to cap (for me anyways), kid will make incredible plays then turn around and do one of most awful things imaginable on the field!! You see that shit the other week where he threw it backwards with his left hand? Lol, wtf was that??
    agreed he did some other stuff that didnt make sense either like running out of bounds after he scrambled backwards 7 or 8 yards when he could have easily thrown it away for incompletion instead of taking the loss

2daBank

agreed he did some other stuff that didnt make sense either like running out of bounds after he scrambled backwards 7 or 8 yards when he could have easily thrown it away for incompletion instead of taking the loss
    Lol. Yep, saw one of those too. It like he forgets how to or doesn’t realize he football at times!

2daBank

anyone have any good incite into this s.bama/Troy game? Recent history kinda makes me lean the points but I don’t have the 1st clue about these teams really.

thomorino

There's now way I could back Florida in this spot off too tough games. Not a good spot for South Carolina either but they are getting points. Florida offensive line is still very mediocre.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    There's now way I could back Florida in this spot off too tough games. Not a good spot for South Carolina either but they are getting points. Florida offensive line is still very mediocre.
    Yea it not a good sport for either. Just think all things being equal which I’m kinds calling the bad spots for both a wash, I think gators should win this by a td at least. I just can’t fathom scary ruining their season which still there for the taking!!

2daBank

Temple/smu thoughts?

Imo this a tough spot for smu, not usually something I say when a team off a bye but smu had that crazy comeback they had no business winning, then they get a week off for everyone On campus to tell them how great they are. Then here comes a tough nosed temple team who is just solid in all facets, not great. Make no mistake smu the better far more explosive team but if they were indeed feeling themselves this past week and walk into this game thinking they just have to show up they could be in trouble. Just a thought. Curious what everyone thinks?

A Game I think the bye favors a team is okie lite hosting Baylor. No secret if you been following along I like this Baylor team, didn’t play them last week cause thought that tech game be dicey, they managed to come away w a win in double ot against a tech team that did beat okie lite (not that that matters here). Not a good spot for the bears but I’ve really been impressed by their run d which will be huge here vs a cowboys team who rushes the shit out the ball!!! Think line says all we need to know about the favorable spot for cowboys with ranked bears being dogged but man when I look at this can’t help but think bears will be able to move ball and can force okie lite to pass which I’m not sure they good at..,

thomorino

Temple/smu thoughts?

Imo this a tough spot for smu, not usually something I say when a team off a bye but smu had that crazy comeback they had no business winning, then they get a week off for everyone On campus to tell them how great they are. Then here comes a tough nosed temple team who is just solid in all facets, not great. Make no mistake smu the better far more explosive team but if they were indeed feeling themselves this past week and walk into this game thinking they just have to show up they could be in trouble. Just a thought. Curious what everyone thinks?

A Game I think the bye favors a team is okie lite hosting Baylor. No secret if you been following along I like this Baylor team, didn’t play them last week cause thought that tech game be dicey, they managed to come away w a win in double ot against a tech team that did beat okie lite (not that that matters here). Not a good spot for the bears but I’ve really been impressed by their run d which will be huge here vs a cowboys team who rushes the shit out the ball!!! Think line says all we need to know about the favorable spot for cowboys with ranked bears being dogged but man when I look at this can’t help but think bears will be able to move ball and can force okie lite to pass which I’m not sure they good at..,
    Temple is very well coaches their defense is strong, offense is inconsistent at times, but I think they'll be ready here.

1234 ... Last