stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32789

A betting angle for tonight's Yankee/Astro game

Remember these angles are never 100 percent foolproof so use this information at your own risk when handicapping tonight's game.

I live right smack in the middle between NYC and Boston here in Connecticut and we're on the back end of a pretty good Nor'easter that started 24 hours ago.

The 2" of rain we received is gone but there's still a major wind event going on.
    As of now, 4pm the sustained winds are about 20 mph and gusts at times over 50 mph.
    I'm sitting at my desk at home facing out the window here and I just experienced one of those gusts.
    Believe me, it's windy! Logan Airport had a gust before of over 80 mph.

Right now as of 4pm the wind is blowing out to right center (closer to center) around 20 mph so you know any ball hit in the air with any force is going to carry, and carry, and carry. And if one of those balls gets caught in one of those gusts I don't see how it's going to stay in the park. Like I said this is just an angle and nothing in life is guaranteed. Here's your link.

http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

Looks like the bookmakers are aware of this.
    The total is 8.5 and the 'reduced juice' is juiced to the heavens at -114.
    Your pal Nasher is a sucker, I'll bite on the over at -114 myself.

Reduced Baseball Run Line Money Line Total Runs
    Reduced Juice - Internet Only
    Thu 10/17 919 Houston Astros Z Greinke - R +1½ -155 +127 o8½ -114
    8:08PM 920 New York Yankees M Tanaka - R -1½ +145 -132 u8½ +104
    Thu 10/17 1811 New York Yankees (Series) +265
    8:00PM 1812 Houston Astros (Series) -295

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I think the wind and total moving up lends itself to a opportunity to get greedy on the bombers rl. That where I’m at, here’s to a 8-4 bombers win!! Gl buddy

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think the wind and total moving up lends itself to a opportunity to get greedy on the bombers rl. That where I’m at, here’s to a 8-4 bombers win!! Gl buddy
    Why not do a Yankees + Over parlay ?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Why not do a Yankees + Over parlay ?
    I dunno. Didn’t really cross my mind I guess, lol., just feel better about yanks winning than the over. I did yanks/chiefs and yanks/blues parlays. Lol.

stevenash

^
    Yeah, seems to me like the total (over) and the side (NYY) is the way to go.
    I've got skin in the game right now on the over, and I'm going to take a small .5 unit wager on NYY.
    My rule of thumb is I never like to lay more than 4:3 (4 to make 3) and right now -132 is within that.

Best of luck Banker and Asia also.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I dunno. Didn’t really cross my mind I guess, lol., just feel better about yanks winning than the over. I did yanks/chiefs and yanks/blues parlays. Lol.
    I like the Chief game to stay under too.
    Broncos play serious defense.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I like the Chief game to stay under too.
    Broncos play serious defense.
    Took them long enough. Lost my ass on them waiting for it! Lol., run game might be more important than the d. They have the ability to play keep away like teams been doing vs kc lately. I think squares take it home w kc tonight but there def a strong case to be made for donks. I could easily argue donks should be 4-2, but fact I understand why the line sits where it is makes it easier for me to lay it w kc tonight. If that makes sense?

Under makes tons of sense and thu night I always lean that way regardless, takes a lot to get me on a Thursday over. Gl pal

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

Good job Nash I got greedy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wind angle
    Played out

At time of flight of ball in air impossible to gauge wind speed and direction

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Wind angle
    Played out

At time of flight of ball in air impossible to gauge wind speed and direction
    Not true. In one sense you correct. Not wise to just assume over with wind blowing out, but it does give you a opportunity if you use that along with what a pitcher strengths are and even ump tendencies!! Obviously ground ball pitchers hold a edge, if you have a ump that doesn’t give the low strike it a problem, etc etc etc. every piece of information is useful JJ, just depends how you use them!!