Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I watched that game today and I would put some of the blame on the receivers. I think that most of his interceptions this year bounced off of his receivers hands.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I watched that game today and I would put some of the blame on the receivers. I think that most of his interceptions this year bounced off of his receivers hands.

True to some extent, but Mayfield was throwing the ball behind them all day. He had OBJ frustrated at one point. Started off good. Ran for 1 and that pass to the TE for the TD was a nice throw. I don't know....still only Mayfield's 2nd year

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    he thinks every pass needs to be a home run
    This is it. He thinks every play is all or nothing. He’s acting like he is at Oklahoma.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Oh My...................................!He Sucks,,,,,!,,.."Dick Enberg

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    A bad game on MON Nite Football. I'm not gonna rush to judgement. CLE BROWNS are no longer the same "sorry ass Browns". Would rate "Curtis" Mayfield a solid B right now.

Didn't the superhuman, invincible, Pat Mahomes stink out the joint last game?
    Chiefs were missing two starters from their O-line and had a slew of other injuries, plus as mentioned above Mahomes still threw for 273 yards and 3 TDs. Get a clue before posting something like that again.

CJ

Anyway, yes he's a bust. The guy bought into his own hype and clearly didn't put in the work during the off-season. Doesn't help that his coach is completely brain dead as well. Luckily, they're the Browns so this sort of thing is expected.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Anyway, yes he's a bust. The guy bought into his own hype and clearly didn't put in the work during the off-season. Doesn't help that his coach is completely brain dead as well. Luckily, they're the Browns so this sort of thing is expected.

Its too early. Brees had bad numbers in his 2nd year. PManning led the NFL in picks his rookie year. Mayfield isn't playing well, but he showed alot of the same accuracy last year that he flashed at OU. One reason why they were hyped up is because he played very well down the stretch. Kitchens called a pretty good game yesterday as well. They had over 400 yds of offense. More short stuff w/Mayfield and short rollouts, screens, etc. The problem is their secondary is banged up and nobody but Garrett can make any plays in their front 7. They gave up a 83 yd burst right off the bat vs SF. Russell Wilson was carving them up as well. Puts pressure on a young QB. Brady threw for 150 with a pick vs Buffalo and they won by a TD anyway. Big difference
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Pauly they didnt get bernie.. J/s

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st place in the Interception category with 11 INT's......

Last place among 6 game starters in the TD category with only 5 TD's...

Last place among 6 game starters in the QBR category below room temperature @ a measly 66 QBR.

Last place among 6 game starters in the Completion % category @ CMP. 56.6%

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

There are only 2-4 decent teams in the entire league.

So much BAD FOOTBALL being played. Never been worse.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Its too early. Brees had bad numbers in his 2nd year. PManning led the NFL in picks his rookie year. Mayfield isn't playing well, but he showed alot of the same accuracy last year that he flashed at OU. One reason why they were hyped up is because he played very well down the stretch. Kitchens called a pretty good game yesterday as well. They had over 400 yds of offense. More short stuff w/Mayfield and short rollouts, screens, etc. The problem is their secondary is banged up and nobody but Garrett can make any plays in their front 7. They gave up a 83 yd burst right off the bat vs SF. Russell Wilson was carving them up as well. Puts pressure on a young QB. Brady threw for 150 with a pick vs Buffalo and they won by a TD anyway. Big difference
    LOL what!? I agree that the secondary is a major issue (I can't believe Ward & Williams are BOTH still out), but Kitchens screwed up early and often throughout the game yesterday, let's count the ways:

1. Time management to end the first half
    - The Browns had a 1st & 10 inside the Seattle 20 with 2 minutes remaining in the first half. Instead of continually running the ball to drain the remaining clock (Chubb only averaged 6 yards per carry), Kitchens opted for passing plays - one of which resulted in an interception. This gave Russell Wilson plenty of time to carve up the starting cornerback-less Browns secondary and score a touchdown that should have been a field goal at worst.

2. Passing on 3rd & goal from the 1
    - Why would you do this? Chubb ran over the Seahawks all day long (again 6.1 yards per carry), but instead of giving him two attempts, Kitchens inexplicably called a stupid passing play and then...

3. Challenging Landry broke the plane before fumbling
    - Kitchens decided to double-down on his mistake by challenging an obvious fumble short of the goal line. This ill-advised challenge would come back to haunt Cleveland later.

4. Going to Dontrell Hilliard in the clutch
    - Baker can share the blame here, but Hilliard should have pulled that ball in, instead he flipped the ball into KJ Wright's open arms. There was 3:30 left when the Browns got the ball, plenty of time to mix up your play calling and make sure you're throwing to your top guys, not your second string RB, who had mostly played in garbage time against Baltimore. Plus the Browns still had two timeouts! Speaking of which...

5. Timeout usage/Inability to challenge
    - Kitchens burned his 2nd and 3rd timeouts on Seattle's first two ensuing plays after the interception. Because of this and the timeout he burned on a stupid challenge earlier, he was unable to challenge the DK Metcalf game-sealing catch, which occurred just before the two minute warning. I understand you don't want valuable time ticking off, but the smart thing to do would have been to let the 2 minute warning stop the clock and kept the other timeout in your back pocket just-in-case and then used it after Seattle's next play inside 2 minutes.

6. Penalties, penalties and more penalties
    - Finally, Cleveland added another 9 penalties for 83 more yards, adding to their already impressive league leading total of 57 penalties for 506 yards. That many penalties is the mark of bad coaching.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    1st place in the Interception category with 11 INT's......

Last place among 6 game starters in the TD category with only 5 TD's...

Last place among 6 game starters in the QBR category below room temperature @ a measly 66 QBR.

Last place among 6 game starters in the Completion % category @ CMP. 56.6%
    I wouldn't mind the INTs if he stretched the field more or had a higher ypa.... it'd be more "old school vertical passing" but some of these picks are terrible throws to the wrong guy. He's not reading his routes very well.

First 12