lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I wouldn’t call anyone who bets NFL early in the week ‘sharp’
    I'm assuming you are joking here.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

This game is pretty much a pick (Seahawks -1 and -120 on the money line)
    Seahawks have a good home field advantage that's worth about four points.
    Put this game on a neutral field and the Rams are -3 take away four for Seattle's home field and there's your line.
    Seahawks -1.

I'm not betting this game.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

10/3 LA Rams at Seattle LA Rams +105 +100 +110 49.5% 27.23 54.65
    Seattle -125 -120 -120 50.5% 27.42

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

what if your out for a weekend hunting, out of a service area, or strait h8 the cell phone because you don't want cancer later in life by holding the electronic cancer device up to your head just a few inches away from the brain??

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    go peep how hawks play in prime time
    its so bizarre. nice tight line to get us on LA.. not falling for it. if theres a prop for the first td to be defensive, I'm taking it.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Let's bring up one important factor that will matter. Seattle plays base defense pretty much all the time, I would love to see them try that against the Rams. Kupp will destroy them if they put LBs on him.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

What concerns me about the Rams is the fact that they played A TON of snaps against Tampa. That game went on forever. And this concerns me on a short week. Are there any trends on this? Does teams recover well after that many snaps. With that said, Rams are the better team.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm assuming you are joking here.
    Very serious. If you bet early week NFL you’re gambling on line movement too so now you’re gambling on two things instead of one - very likely one of those two will go against you.

Not to mention injury reports!

As well as matchup data, shadow coverage information, pass-pro & run block advantages.... all this data usually not easily available until mid to late week.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    And get stuffed. Gaucho stop man I’ll be there in my throwback Shawn springs and a dodgers hat lmao. I love LA but listen man the rams I don’t like this team Goff is a nobody man.
    Bro - the Hawks beat the Steelers and the Bengals by a combined 3 points, lost to the Saints, and beat up a shitty AZ team. This is their first test.

Rams got caught looking ahead to this game. I'll look for you on tv

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Very serious. If you bet early week NFL you’re gambling on line movement too so now you’re gambling on two things instead of one - very likely one of those two will go against you.

Not to mention injury reports!

As well as matchup data, shadow coverage information, pass-pro & run block advantages.... all this data usually not easily available until mid to late week.
    so why does the book set the line early?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    so why does the book set the line early?
    So we can gamble twice. He just told you that lol.

In all seriousness I think with the NFL if you see a line that is short of your estimation you have to take it. That happens all the time in the NFL. Last week the Panthers were+5 to open in Houston. I saw that and right away I knew that was fishy. So I took car +4 midweek. They won

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I guess it’s just weighing the costs & benefits... you can jump on a line early in hopes of taking advantage of a good line, but you risk making a decision without injuries and other information available.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

Bestbet Houston -5
    At home
    Atl struggling

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Rams are overrated in my eyes. The offensive line is really bad. Goff is highly overrated, check out his td/int ratio since that shootout vs KC last year. He is a system QB and needs the play action in McVay's scheme to succeed, you see what happens when they are forced to throw the ball trying to comeback. The defense is also a lot worse than last season. Also, the way the team was put together by paying a few guys big money they have little to no depth.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Rams are overrated in my eyes. The offensive line is really bad. Goff is highly overrated, check out his td/int ratio since that shootout vs KC last year. He is a system QB and needs the play action in McVay's scheme to succeed, you see what happens when they are forced to throw the ball trying to comeback. The defense is also a lot worse than last season. Also, the way the team was put together by paying a few guys big money they have little to no depth.
    Thing is with Goff is he's not a drop back pocket passer.
    They'll straighten that out.
    Rams have a ton of talent.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Gurley will be a non-factor in this game. He can not get ready to play on three days rest. Goff is over rated, as is the Rams offense in general. Seattle is 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 Thursday Night games. The Rams are 2-9 ATS on Thursday Night. This game is a no brainer. Seattle is a slight (1 to 1 1/2 point) favorite in this game. It may be lose, but Seattle covers.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Seattle almost lost week 1 at home to the Bengals. Dalton gave that game away. Bengals are one of the top 2 worst teams in football. Rams lost to the Bucs who are a rock solid team and have the Wrs to challenge Rams. Seattle doesn't. They have Tyler Lockett and Harry mentioned something about a no name rookie who will get bullied.

Seattle isn't as good as people think.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Gurley will be a non-factor in this game. He can not get ready to play on three days rest. Goff is over rated, as is the Rams offense in general. Seattle is 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 Thursday Night games. The Rams are 2-9 ATS on Thursday Night. This game is a no brainer. Seattle is a slight (1 to 1 1/2 point) favorite in this game. It may be lose, but Seattle covers.
    Terrible analysis lol.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    Let's bring up one important factor that will matter. Seattle plays base defense pretty much all the time, I would love to see them try that against the Rams. Kupp will destroy them if they put LBs on him.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Who the hell is gonna guard Kupp in the slot, or Cooks or Gurley if they spread him out. Seattle has an amazing front 7 but they have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

You think KJ Wright is gonna guard Cooper Kupp? Or Lance Kendricks gonna guard Gurley? Fukk no.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Seattle is overrated but so are the Rams. Goff already has trouble on the road and this is probably the toughest road environment there is.

With that said, Goff did ok at New Orleans twice last season (similarly very tough road environment). But when the scripted plays are done, have to give the edge to Wilson here.

Being on Thursday is another factor. I think I will go with 2nd half Seattle + over regardless of the halftime score.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Seattle is overrated but so are the Rams. Goff already has trouble on the road and this is probably the toughest road environment there is.

With that said, Goff did ok at New Orleans twice last season (similarly very tough road environment). But when the scripted plays are done, have to give the edge to Wilson here.

Being on Thursday is another factor. I think I will go with 2nd half Seattle + over regardless of the halftime score.
    Find me a NFL player that likes the Thursday night games win valuable prizes.
    They all hate them.
    The NFL should abolish the TNF games, but they won't, it puts money in their pockets.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Find me a NFL player that likes the Thursday night games win valuable prizes.
    They all hate them.
    The NFL should abolish the TNF games, but they won't, it puts money in their pockets.
    What they should do is have teams coming off bye weeks if they are going to play on Thursday. Would only apply Weeks 4-12 but this would still drastically cut down on the poor quality games. Maybe hard to make all the schedules work though

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

All this talk about Gurley...the guy is hurt. The Rams just dont want to tell everyone that. They would rather keep teams wondering and needing to prepare for him. He has a degenerative knee condition. 1 or 2 more avg seasons and he will retire. Thats why he didnt play towards the end of last season. Rams thought they were being slick even though everyone knows the real deal
    Last edited by Renegades; 10-02-19 at 08:50 PM.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

I think Petey has lost it. For a head coach to make the questionable calls he did in the NO game makes me think he is got Oldtimers.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

I can't imagine a more false statement.

So was taking the Lions +7 at Philly two weeks ago stupid? Or should I have waited until all the obvious injuries were reported by the media and the line dropped to 4?

Or how about taking Tennessee at +4 last week, after the sharps immediately pounced on +5? Should I have continued to wait until that line got to 3?

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    All this talk about Gurley...the guy is hurt. The Rams just dont want to tell everyone that. They would rather keep teams wondering and needing to prepare for him. He has a degenerative knee condition. 1 or 2 more avg seasons and he will retire. Thats why he didnt play towards the end of last season. Rams thought they were being slick even though everyone knows the real deal
    Well he only had 5 carries last game so arthritis or not, he should be fresh for this one.

The more I think about it, it's getting really hard to lay off the Rams as an underdog. Seattle's only real advantage here is their strong home field

tastylacey2019
    tastylacey2019's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rams cannot run the ball/ puts all the pressure on Goff to win the game and the defense is struggling. Seattle has a balanced offense and is at home I think it is seattle or pass.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

So all in on the Hawks?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    So all in on the Hawks?
    because that always works

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I am just hoping we get a primetime NFL game that doesn't suck ass. These are starting to look worse and worse.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I am just hoping we get a primetime NFL game that doesn't suck ass. These are starting to look worse and worse.
    last Thursday was a tremendous game.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    last Thursday was a tremendous game.
    As a whole all games outside of sunday afternoon have been dogshit for years.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Just a testament to how square most of the posters on this site are. Either A. Gurley is hurt, B. The Rams are intentionally conserving him for later in the season, C. The Rams O-line has regressed massively from 2018 or D. All of the above.

I'd say it's D. The reports on Gurley's arthritic knee were well publicized throughout the off-season, so it should be no surprise he's seeing far less usage. I'd imagine that will continue throughout the 2019 regular season.

What no one has really talked about is Rodger Saffold's departure for Tennessee, John Sullivan being replaced by the inexperienced Brian Allen and Andrew Whitworth finally needing to be put out to pasture. This has resulted in Goff seeing more pressure, making more mistakes (6 INTs this Sept vs 2 last year) and taking a few more sacks than the first four games of last season. Not to mention the impact on the running game!

With a less than stellar offensive line, the combination of Ansah and Clowney are going to be a real problem for Goff. He won't have the luxury of battling a team missing four starters from their secondary (Browns), and the Rams won't be playing an injured QB (Newton) and hopefully won't play a team whose QB is knocked out of the game (Brees).

The real overrated team here is the Rams, they have three circumstantial victories and were blown-out at home by the Buccaneers. Factor in Seattle's massive home field advantage in prime time games and this is either Seattle or nothing.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

You can literally write any narrative you want and have facts to support it. For instance you could say that the Rams rushed back Blythe because Demby was so bad that they had no choice and thus they were dealing with a line that was exploitable. Everybody is healthy this week so expect the Rams to run the ball and give Goff protection.

Here's another thought... The books are hanging that 1.5 to 2 so that the Rams are teased when the sharp play is either Rams or Seattle in a blow out and it won't matter about the teaser.

Flip a coin. It's a divisional game. I'll take the points.

Also I'm a Rams homer!!! Lol

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You can literally write any narrative you want and have facts to support it. For instance you could say that the Rams rushed back Blythe because Demby was so bad that they had no choice and thus they were dealing with a line that was exploitable. Everybody is healthy this week so expect the Rams to run the ball and give Goff protection.

Here's another thought... The books are hanging that 1.5 to 2 so that the Rams are teased when the sharp play is either Rams or Seattle in a blow out and it won't matter about the teaser.

Flip a coin. It's a divisional game. I'll take the points.

Also I'm a Rams homer!!! Lol
    Gaucho, we appreciate the honesty pal.

First 12345 Last