Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Calling these plays out for next week before I change my mind

Too many times as bettors (especially myself) see a line come out for a game the next week and instantly know the right team to take. But then we have to sit on that thought the entire week listening to news headlines, reading (usually better) capper's opinions on the game that are opposite to ours. Somehow we talk ourselves out of the plays.

Plays for next weekend....

Browns -2.5 vs Jets

Browns got destroyed after being hyped up the entire offseason as playoff contenders and maybe even superbowl champs. Jets unfortunately blew the game and I don't think this is going to be some way to motivate them for next week. This is a sandwich game between divisional rivals as well.

Giants -2 vs Bills

Embarrassing display by the Giants. Eli should be motivated to do everything he can to keep on playing. For instance even though he played ok against the cowboys, if his team continues to get blown out or the season becomes lost at some point then Jones will begin to play a lot more minutes which will mean Eli losing his job sooner than later. Also Bills with a huge motivational comeback vs a division rival. Bills would snag a 1-1 start in a heartbeat.

Falcons pk vs Eagles

Falcons couldn't score until the 4th quarter? Eagles with a huge comeback as well. I think we see Falcons pick it up big time next week during a prime time game.

Any thoughts guys? Few more games I'm leaning, but these seem like no brainers to me. Falcons play I'm not as confident as other two though

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

giants should never get your attention

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Aren't Giants+2.5?

Ballerholic

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    giants should never get your attention
    Haha true. I'd agree if they were playing a good team. But bad on bad team crime is ok to play against.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Aren't Giants+2.5?
    My bad yea they are +money. Even better.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta's offensive line is trash and the eagles defensive line is great, the situation favors Atlanta but not the matchup.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

does this work? I doubt it.

everything you said is already factored into the line. the value advantage comes through key numbers and injuries.

you bet the Browns but they have injuries all over the place. including their quarterback. you are leaving a lot up in the air.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Too many times as bettors (especially myself) see a line come out for a game the next week and instantly know the right team to take. But then we have to sit on that thought the entire week listening to news headlines, reading (usually better) capper's opinions on the game that are opposite to ours. Somehow we talk ourselves out of the plays.

Plays for next weekend....

Browns -2.5 vs Jets

Browns got destroyed after being hyped up the entire offseason as playoff contenders and maybe even superbowl champs. Jets unfortunately blew the game and I don't think this is going to be some way to motivate them for next week. This is a sandwich game between divisional rivals as well.

Giants -2 vs Bills

Embarrassing display by the Giants. Eli should be motivated to do everything he can to keep on playing. For instance even though he played ok against the cowboys, if his team continues to get blown out or the season becomes lost at some point then Jones will begin to play a lot more minutes which will mean Eli losing his job sooner than later. Also Bills with a huge motivational comeback vs a division rival. Bills would snag a 1-1 start in a heartbeat.

Falcons pk vs Eagles

Falcons couldn't score until the 4th quarter? Eagles with a huge comeback as well. I think we see Falcons pick it up big time next week during a prime time game.

Any thoughts guys? Few more games I'm leaning, but these seem like no brainers to me. Falcons play I'm not as confident as other two though
    0-1 teams don't look ahead, the browns can't afford to open 0-2.

STANDARD BET
    STANDARD BET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1971

Ravens -12.5

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Falcons always get Hosed when they play Philly although Ron Darby and the rest of those scrubs got cooked yesterday.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Falcons always get Hosed when they play Philly although Ron Darby and the rest of those scrubs got cooked yesterday.
    Totally false, altanta lost both games by a combined less than 5 points, both games were in Philadelphia too.

Ballerholic

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    does this work? I doubt it.

everything you said is already factored into the line. the value advantage comes through key numbers and injuries.

you bet the Browns but they have injuries all over the place. including their quarterback. you are leaving a lot up in the air.
    My theory is that the books are by far the best bettors....they have all the info and are basically paid billions of dollars to make sure their lines are as sharp as they can be. Now let's say the Patriots were playing the Bills and the absolute perfect line is really Bills -7. Well, that would literally make 99% of bettors put their money on the Pats +7 and I like to think the books try and get 50/50 action based on $.

So then that would show that public perception is the biggest factor in moving lines. And what happens especially after week 1 in the NFL? Well bettors love to overreact to what we've seen.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

0-3, 0fer like a gopher...