Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13529

Thanks Hman and SBR.

brian311
    brian311's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29655

Thanks! Always nice waking up to some points.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

I believe the grading of last nights 1500 pt MNF Contest is wrong (Tie Breaker). ESPN Scores & NFL.Com Team Stats both show Oakland with 259 yds passing & Denver with 249 (Not 268) yds, which equals 508. I had 7 winners and I nailed the TB with exactly 508.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    I believe the grading of last nights 1500 pt MNF Contest is wrong (Tie Breaker). ESPN Scores & NFL.Com Team Stats both show Oakland with 259 yds passing & Denver with 249 (Not 268) yds, which equals 508. I had 7 winners and I nailed the TB with exactly 508.

Not sure where you got this.

I've looked at 2 sites and both are
    259 and 268

CarolinaDaze

I'm not home right now to check, but Both ESPN & NFL.COM both showed Denver Total Team Passing yds at 249?

Hman

I'm not home right now to check, but Both ESPN & NFL.COM both showed Denver Total Team Passing yds at 249?
    Actually you are right so it will have to be regraded

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Actually you are right so it will have to be regraded
    Thank You Sir

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

for the contest I use ESPN for the grading results.
    Carolina Daze is taking tje passing yards which are 268 + 259 = 527 and then subtracts 18 yards for 3 sacks to arrive at 508. we have never take into account the sacks for any previous contest.

furthermore, the t/b question is "total combined passing yards" and not total NET combined passing yards".

Hman

Daze spider is correct.

This is how it's always been graded in the past.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32858

Thanks SBR

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    for the contest I use ESPN for the grading results.
    Carolina Daze is taking tje passing yards which are 268 + 259 = 527 and then subtracts 18 yards for 3 sacks to arrive at 508. we have never take into account the sacks for any previous contest.

furthermore, the t/b question is "total combined passing yards" and not total NET combined passing yards".
    Post #1 in this thread clearly states: "Total Passing Yards Combined By Both Raiders & Broncos".

History / NFL Official Records: https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team will forever show that DENVER had 249 YDS not 268, but use whatever math you'd like too, so you don't have to regrade it, as I'm sure that would be a pain in the a** & embarrassing.

Anyways, I'm not gonna argue over $8 in points just because you use some Funky Math. I appreciate the Contests & Congrats to the Winners.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Post #1 in this thread clearly states: "Total Passing Yards Combined By Both Raiders & Broncos".

History / NFL Official Records: https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team will forever show that DENVER had 249 YDS not 268, but use whatever math you'd like too, so you don't have to regrade it, as I'm sure that would be a pain in the a** & embarrassing.

Anyways, I'm not gonna argue over $8 in points just because you use some Funky Math. I appreciate the Contests & Congrats to the Winners.

we've always graded the same way, and cannot change the way, because it suits you better. we have no business deducting the sacks from the passing yards, or penalties, or anything else for that matter.

I think it's you that is using "Funky Math". The rule does not say NET passing yards,
    If it did, then you could deduct the sacks, because your number is passing yards minus sacks.

please note that re-grading does not mean that I start all over again' because upon grading the first time, all totals are kept, so if there's an error it can be checked or changed.so it takes just 5 minute to change or re-order the results, if there is really an error. so your thinking of re-grading being "'a pain in the a**" is baseless.

furthermore it is not "embarrassing" if an error is made, as hundreds of contests are graded, and there will always be an error somewhere. we are glad to correct it when
    it happens.

CarolinaDaze

Spider, I wasn't asking you to change any rule, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is how you've been playing it. Wouldn't be the first time you had some Funky Rule you had to explain to everybody. Even your fellow Mod at first glance thought I was right.

As far as being baseless, I was being nice by saying Pain in the A**, but very impressive Bookeeping Skills tho, if you had 1/10 of that skill in Poker, our Poker Team would have won some points.

First ... 2345