shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Zeke about to break the bank

Highest paid running back to date if he gets the 90 mil over 6 yrs.

Even Jared Goff got paid and he's trash.

Melvin Gordon has got to be thinking what the hell went wrong. Chargers told him to go eff himself after he tried to negotiate 14 mil per yr from their initial 10

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

can only imagine how many clauses they will have to put in that contract to void the contract if he gets in trouble
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackbo

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Highest paid running back to date if he gets the 90 mil over 6 yrs.

Even Jared Goff got paid and he's trash.

Melvin Gordon has got to be thinking what the hell went wrong. Chargers told him to go eff himself after he tried to negotiate 14 mil per yr from their initial 10
    Melvin Gordon w fukkin idiot. He should have been thrilled to get 10mil. I’m pretty much always on the players side but I’m also a fan of self awareness and Gordon just ain’t all that important to his team, he good but he far from being one the few elite backs who really are difference makers, he also been injury prone. Zeke makes Dallas a contender and deserves every penny. Chargers pretty much same team with or without Gordon. Gotta take a hard look in mirror and realize you should have been incredibly grateful that were willing to give him 10, cause not sure he deserved that!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    can only imagine how many clauses they will have to put in that contract to void the contract if he gets in trouble
    Long as he gets a fukkload of guaranteed who cares!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

just drafted him 3rd overall in fantasy... hoping the deal gets done.

If you think Melvin Gordon is dumb for turning down 10 million. wait till you hear this.. guy paid $40k to switch his jersey # from 28 to 25 for a team he now refuses to play for

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There's got to be an out for Jerry after 3 years here.....Jones going to get the evil eye from rest of owners and his coaches since they eont afford any other talent

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    There's got to be an out for Jerry after 3 years here.....Jones going to get the evil eye from rest of owners and his coaches since they eont afford any other talent
    90 million chump change to ol Jerry.

shadymcgrady

Is Jerry the biggest dumbass now that Al Davis is gone?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    just drafted him 3rd overall in fantasy... hoping the deal gets done.

If you think Melvin Gordon is dumb for turning down 10 million. wait till you hear this.. guy paid $40k to switch his jersey # from 28 to 25 for a team he now refuses to play for
    Lmao. No surprise. Fukkin retard.

Honestly if I was Chargers at this point I wouldn’t give him shit. Guy has already proven injury prone and how often we see guys who miss all of camp then come back and within 2 weeks pull up lame w a bad hammy or ankle? Then those things nag and linger for months and they never the same guy that season. Zeke a different cat who has been thru this before w the suspension and didn’t miss a beat, no worries bout him.

Who was drafted 1 and 2? Zeke number 1 on my board, said all along this get done this week. Jerry not gonna risk his best chance for another ring over few mil!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Lmao. No surprise. Fukkin retard.

Honestly if I was Chargers at this point I wouldn’t give him shit. Guy has already proven injury prone and how often we see guys who miss all of camp then come back and within 2 weeks pull up lame w a bad hammy or ankle? Then those things nag and linger for months and they never the same guy that season. Zeke a different cat who has been thru this before w the suspension and didn’t miss a beat, no worries bout him.

Who was drafted 1 and 2? Zeke number 1 on my board, said all along this get done this week. Jerry not gonna risk his best chance for another ring over few mil!
    Chargers are notorious for this BS though.. thats why Bosa didn't want to get drafted there, Eli said no thanks also... They treat players like shit.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 09-04-19 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Bosa***

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

surprised chargers dont trade gordon, tampa needs a rb houston does too

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

It’s a good deal for that dumbfukkk!

He can now afford the best attorneys $ can buy!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Just seen that Goff Deal. Holy shit.

Kermit

I think they're letting him look for a deal with another team.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Just seen that Goff Deal. Holy shit.
    yah hes not that good

shadymcgrady

JaGoff should purchase a mcmansion along with a few sports cars for Cooper Kupp as his first act. Mcvay next

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Chargers are notorious for this BS though.. thats why Rosa didn't want to get drafted there, Eli said no thanks also... They treat players like shit.
    That fine but let’s be real, Gordon really doesn’t make them that much better. Offering him 10mil per was incredible generous on their part imo.

2daBank

Believe they told his agent to find a trade partner weeks ago. Nobody wants to give anything up for a guy who wants more than he worth. Freakin guarantee that dude gets hurt when he comes back.

2daBank

yah hes not that good
    He more talented than cousins, Stafford, Dak, all guys that got or gonna get huge money.

shadymcgrady

No way in hell Gordon gets the 12 mil a year he wants this yr from another team that has to also pony up draft picks in a trade for him.

He's pedestrian ypc despite his all pro seasons show that it was more a product of volume than efficiency. He's good but far from elite

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Believe they told his agent to find a trade partner weeks ago. Nobody wants to give anything up for a guy who wants more than he worth. Freakin guarantee that dude gets hurt when he comes back.
    well lets just face it running backs are fuked very rare be drafted high so u are playing on ur rookie contract and teams dont want reward u will just use u til u break find another rb in draft

2daBank

No way in hell Gordon gets the 12 mil a year he wants this yr from another team that has to also pony up draft picks in a trade for him.

He's pedestrian ypc despite his all pro seasons show that it was more a product of volume than efficiency. He's good but far from elite
    He is prime example of the backs that everyone says are replaceable. Chargers didn’t miss a beat without him.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

He more talented than cousins, Stafford, Dak, all guys that got or gonna get huge money.
    qb contracts are like a merry go round one guy gets be highest paid then whoevers next tops him, i guess prescot will want,more goff now haha

2daBank

well lets just face it running backs are fuked very rare be drafted high so u are playing on ur rookie contract and teams dont want reward u will just use u til u break find another rb in draft
    Unless you one of the 4-5 that are truly special unfortunately you pretty replaceable w cheaper labor.

2daBank

qb contracts are like a merry go round one guy gets be highest paid then whoevers next tops him, i guess prescot will want,more goff now haha
    Yep. I really think owners crazy with where they let this go. I used to buy into that narrative you had to pay even the middling ones cause what was the alternative. I’ve started to switch that stance tho now that we seeing these college kids come in and have incredibly high success rates.

True qb is incredibly important but while the rules have made having a good 1 paramount they have also made it far easier to succeed at the position! Used to be 50/50 at best a 1st round qb would pan out, now hardly any are true bust. With that team Dallas has put around Dak I think there plenty of guys who could succeed there, go draft a qb and guarantee he be just fine in Dallas., Dak has great leadership skills which huge but talent wise there 35 guys as good imo.

Kermit

He is prime example of the backs that everyone says are replaceable. Chargers didn’t miss a beat without him.
    True. They won the 4 games that he missed last year. 2 of them were against the Steelers and Chiefs.

shadymcgrady

I guess it's only a matter of time before NFL owners start employing migrant running backs, if only they could outsource the run game to a third world country

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

next CBA has to raise the rookie pay scale for RB's.... these guys rarely have any mileage left after their rookie deals.

2daBank

I guess it's only a matter of time before NFL owners start employing migrant running backs, if only they could outsource the run game to a third world country
    Lmfao., My only problem w the replaceable rb narrative is when ppl try to use it against the handful of elite ones that is not true about.

What would saints look like without Kumara?

We saw what rams looked like when Gurley wasn’t himself.

Dallas couldn’t muster double digit scores when Zeke was suspended!!

Only reason to even tune into a Giants game is Barkley!

Despite everyone acting like Steelers got same production from Conner I didn’t see them in playoffs without Bell!!

Unfortunately that about as long as the list is of true difference makers that you can’t simply replace w a hungry 3rd rounder. There a few with the potential to be in that category, kid on the bungals is pretty damn talented, unfortunately the team around him sucks. I like Chubb for browns and pats Sony Michael but dunno if they irreplaceable. Micheal is gonna be hugely important to the pats success this season imo.

Kermit

Lmfao., My only problem w the replaceable rb narrative is when ppl try to use it against the handful of elite ones that is not true about.

What would saints look like without Kumara?

We saw what rams looked like when Gurley wasn’t himself.

Dallas couldn’t muster double digit scores when Zeke was suspended!!

Only reason to even tune into a Giants game is Barkley!

Despite everyone acting like Steelers got same production from Conner I didn’t see them in playoffs without Bell!!

Unfortunately that about as long as the list is of true difference makers that you can’t simply replace w a hungry 3rd rounder. There a few with the potential to be in that category, kid on the bungals is pretty damn talented, unfortunately the team around him sucks. I like Chubb for browns and pats Sony Michael but dunno if they irreplaceable. Micheal is gonna be hugely important to the pats success this season imo.
    You can thank their shit kicker for that.

shadymcgrady

Only backs since 2000 that have been irreplaceable were Ladainian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson. Jury still out on if Zeke fits that class or not. That's it

Gurley, kamara, etc. Sure they look nice on paper but there's backs like that every yr, the Tomlinson's and AP's don't come around often

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good for him

Dallas needs him

Prescott nothing without him

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You can thank their shit kicker for that.
    I like Steelers a lot this year. They stacked at wr once again w emergence of Washington. Defense looks strong. I’m all over them against pats this week.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Pockets run deep in Cowboy land.

Probably money well spent.. Dak ain't gonna light up the score board especially if there is no threat of a running game.

So it's gonna be the OL and Zeke running the ball to set up Dak with the short passes off the screen action passes. That's the money plays for this offense and it always has been. Cowboys D better really step up though this season if anything is going to happen with this team.

Opposing defenses will figure out the Cowboys limited offense and stack the box.. Force Dak to throw deep.. Good luck with that!!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Pockets run deep in Cowboy land.

Probably money well spent.. Dak ain't gonna light up the score board especially if there is no threat of a running game.

So it's gonna be the OL and Zeke running the ball to set up Dak with the short passes off the screen action passes. That's the money plays for this offense and it always has been. Cowboys D better really step up though this season if anything is going to happen with this team.

Opposing defenses will figure out the Cowboys limited offense and stack the box.. Force Dak to throw deep.. Good luck with that!!!!
    That why they got so much better after they brought Amari in, he makes it much tougher to stack the box. That said he is dealing w a foot injury and hasn’t did much of anything all camp which not good for them. They brought Cobb in which a huge upgrade in the slot if he can stay healthy.

The d stacked too. Those young linebackers are studs and their dline can get after the qb.

The nfc is loaded w solid teams tho so who knows.

12 Last