ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Bovada restriction

Went to make a live bet on the cowboys when they went down 7-0 (I took a screen shot) on bovada, got the message “your account is restricted from making a bet on this selection”

I called the customer service guy said nothing wrong with my account, mispronounced “Giants” and tried to explain how live lines go on and off (basically competely didn’t understand the issue) but assured me my account was fine.

20 mins later I attempted to make another live bet on same game, got same message. Lowered amount, didn’t work. Went into chat, got the same run around and was told to clear my cookies on phone (like that would have anything to do with bovada saying a certain bet is restricted)

For anyone who’s been limited before with bovada is this how it begins, are they up front about your limiting? I actually don’t use them much but got a btc bonus for football and obviously will be difficult clearing a rollover if it won’t let me make bets.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Without knowing the direct situation I would lean towards it just being a live bet and short window to get it in.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Without knowing the direct situation I would lean towards it just being a live bet and short window to get it in.
    With bovada it’ll say lines have changed or line no longer avaialble. This was during a timeout after first touchdown and specifically said your account is restricted from making a bet on this selection.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

My assumption would be they were only taking giants bets. Next time bet a dollar on the other side and you’ll see it will go through. Some of these trash books won’t take action from the winning side at a number they don’t want to pay out

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Even by offshore books' low standards, Bovada is a bunch of leeches. You should cash out as soon as possible and go elsewhere.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Holy sandwiches

deary626
    Let it ride
    deary626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

This is true, I had same issue earlier when trying to livebet on bengals

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    My assumption would be they were only taking giants bets. Next time bet a dollar on the other side and you’ll see it will go through. Some of these trash books won’t take action from the winning side at a number they don’t want to pay out
    i actually have a great post about this from 5-7 years ago

asking for OVER THE LIMIT bets on the phone