jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Packers 3rd at best

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Vikes only team in division with an absolute home field advantage. Pencil in 7-1 / 6-2 at home this year. Play .500 on road win division.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

I’m gonna have to look that up cause I call bs. Playing at gb or chi not easy. And bro I missed it in your other post, did you seriously call cousins a HOF type qb? Are you on crack?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

He is drunk

Hardly any true home edge in the NFL anymore except a select few spots. Minnesota isn't one of them.
    As far as winning home games and the win/loss record at home over the last 11 years or so, both MIN and GB are in the top handful of teams.

Here they are in order, whether or not you include the playoffs in addition to the regular season...

1 NE
    2 GB
    3 BAL
    4 SEA
    5 PIT
    6 NO
    7 MIN

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not true Lakerboy Minnesota has been very strong at home the last 5 years
    Two different stadiums

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here are the home records over the last 5 years, just the regular season...

1 NE 34-6
    2 KC 30-9
    3 PIT 29-11
    SEA 29-11
    4 GB 28-11-1
    5 MIN 28-12
    6 CAR 27-13
    PHI 27-13

Here it is over the last 5 years when you include the playoffs...

1 NE 42-6
    2 SEA 32-11
    3 GB 30-11-1
    4 KC 31-12
    5 CAR 30-13
    PIT 30-13
    7 MIN 29-13
    PHI 29-13

Remember, these are just the win loss records over this time, and including playoffs.

But just being the team with the most wins at home doesn't exactly constitute HFA.

There has to be an advantage over the league or opponent, or even over the road record.

So calculating an advantage will take more than those records, as the opponent will have a road strength as well.

We're not talking spreads here, so it isn't as involved to work out, usually.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Two different stadiums
    Home is home.

Holmes.

Although it might not be, exactly, for this Minnesota case, so you may be right.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's how the NFC North teams have done against each other over the last 5 years, while playing at home...

MIN 9-6 -0.5
    DET 9-6 -1.5
    GB 8-6-1 -3.5
    CHI 6-9 -3

These are the home records vs the division over the last 5 years and if a bettor had bet the same unit to win on each game, they would be down what's listed.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Home is home.

Holmes.

Although it might not be, exactly, for this Minnesota case, so you may be right.
    Minnesota has regressed as a team imo. Zimmer's teams peaked and I don't think they have a great squad like they did for the majority of that 5 year stretch. Besides the division games they have

Falcons
    Eagles
    Raiders
    Redskins
    Broncos

At home. 5-3 at best at home. They will need to win 5 road games to win this division and that is not happening.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Vikings.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    As far as winning home games and the win/loss record at home over the last 11 years or so, both MIN and GB are in the top handful of teams.

Here they are in order, whether or not you include the playoffs in addition to the regular season...

1 NE
    2 GB
    3 BAL
    4 SEA
    5 PIT
    6 NO
    7 MIN

Right, I didn’t doubt minny was good at home, just that the other north teams didn’t have same edge. Bears not being up there speaks to how bad they sucked before they brought in the new regime, not to soldier field not being a tough place to play. Fats just being a typical homer which fine but a shame, if guys could just be objective and reasonable about their teams they would actually have a lot to offer us! (Aka me w the cardinals! ). Can’t stand “fans” who think being honest and objective about theri team is somehow blasphemy!! Lol

2daBank

Plus those type fans give others a bad name!! I couldn’t convince Mfers I wasn’t being a homer when I was telling them blues were gonna win the cup!! As if I hadn’t faded them for over a decade in playoffs before that run!’ Lol

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Vikes 19-7 at home in US Bank Stadium

Best home record in NFL behind Saints and Eagles last 3 years

GB has a QB that can't finish a season, and no RBs

Chi is the team to regress. Yes, their D is very good, but Turbinsky extended more drives with 3rd down runs and the Bears got more 3rd down penalties than any other team in the NFC last year, that's not going to repeat itself

Vikes schedule is mediocre with Washington, Oakland, Dallas, Seattle, SD. Vikes will be favored or pick in 3 of those games especially with the RB situations in Dal and SD. Only Philly will have a chance to be favored in MN and only if Wentz is healthy. In division the home teams usually favored but MN will be favored in both Det games I believe.

10-6

MinnesotaFats

....and yes, they're still the San Diego Chargers to me. Fukk the NFL.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

As said by many already, Minny has had a solid home field advantage su and ats (Both over 60%)last several years. They close this season with pack and bears at home.

North will be a close division this year imo. It will come down to final few weeks when they all play each other. I lean to pack or vikes.

Minny is in must win mode. Zimmer has to be feeling heat. Same for Cousins. I think he has been a trash qb his entire career but will have a decent upcoming regular season. Defense can only be strong if offense can give them time to rest.

Gb’s defense has the potential to be very good. Tons of speed and size. Rogers really needs to trust his young receivers and take more shots downfield like pre 16.

I dont think trubisky will ever improve enough to take bears to next level. Good team otherwise.

Lions have some good players but coach is awful. When that brutal line gets Stafford hurt they will be playing for #1 pick.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I don't have confidence in Minnesota closing it out until I see Kirk not wilting away like he did last season in big games. This is the same team that was 16 point favorites and lost to Buffalo at home last year.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Packers worst team in The North

MinnesotaFats

I’m gonna have to look that up cause I call bs. Playing at gb or chi not easy. And bro I missed it in your other post, did you seriously call cousins a HOF type qb? Are you on crack?
    Yes Cousins is going to be a HOF qb

He is on pace to surpass 65,000 passing yards by age 40

That's 5th all time, with a higher comp % than all of the rest of the top 10. He is best QB in football on a straight numbers argument (not intangibles- I get it, he hasn't won anything and doesnt create tds)

If Rivers is a HOF the Cousins will be HOF

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

2daBank

Yes Cousins is going to be a HOF qb

He is on pace to surpass 65,000 passing yards by age 40

That's 5th all time, with a higher comp % than all of the rest of the top 10. He is best QB in football on a straight numbers argument (not intangibles- I get it, he hasn't won anything and doesnt create tds)

If Rivers is a HOF the Cousins will be HOF
    Jfc man, don’t you realize the standard for numbers will continue to get way higher as they becoming easy to put up? Cousins putting up numbers proves anybody can do it. There no fukkin chance in hell cousins will be in the HOF, just stop you giving Vikings fans a bad name.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I don't have confidence in Minnesota closing it out until I see Kirk not wilting away like he did last season in big games. This is the same team that was 16 point favorites and lost to Buffalo at home last year.
    That Buffalo game was day after our DLineman went crazy and pulled a gun on half the Vikes team....needless to say it messed them

DiFilipo gone, MN spent on average 5 minutes more per game on D last year because his offense was so up tempo and pass oriented

Look for 2019 Vikes to be top 10 in league rushing, top 8 in TOP (love the new zone blocking Oline- huge screen game potential) and top 5 in total D and #1 on getting off field on 3rd down

Vikes 10-6 maybe 11-5

MinnesotaFats

Jfc man, don’t you realize the standard for numbers will continue to get way higher as they becoming easy to put up? Cousins putting up numbers proves anybody can do it. There no fukkin chance in hell cousins will be in the HOF, just stop you giving Vikings fans a bad name.
    It doesn't matter- if the guy retires top 10 in total passing yards he's going into the HOF. He's going to retire with at least 65,000 which is easily safe top 5, ge might pass a few others if he throws for 4500 per year instead of 4200 average. I understand the passing numbers are watered down, but the longevity and consistently gets rewarded too in HOF

It's like saying Jim Thome isn't a HOFer because everyone hits home runs. Jim Thome is a HOFer just like Babe Ruth is.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    5Dimes

NFC North Division - Winner
    Sun 12/29 25361 Chicago Bears win NFC North +190
    1:00PM 25362 Field wins NFC North -230
    Sun 12/29 25363 Minnesota Vikings win NFC North +220
    1:00PM 25364 Field wins NFC North -260
    Sun 12/29 25365 Green Bay Packers win NFC North +220
    1:00PM 25366 Field wins NFC North -260
    Sun 12/29 25367 Detroit Lions win NFC North +800
    1:00PM 25368 Field wins NFC North -1250
    Bears or Vikings

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

That Buffalo game was day after our DLineman went crazy and pulled a gun on half the Vikes team....needless to say it messed them

DiFilipo gone, MN spent on average 5 minutes more per game on D last year because his offense was so up tempo and pass oriented

Look for 2019 Vikes to be top 10 in league rushing, top 8 in TOP (love the new zone blocking Oline- huge screen game potential) and top 5 in total D and #1 on getting off field on 3rd down

Vikes 10-6 maybe 11-5
    D only gets you so far if you can't score. They have the same problem the Bears have. Kirk hasn't shown to be clutch on this team.

Kentucky Lucky
    Kentucky Lucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I have to roll with the Vikings this year. Zimmer + Year 2 Kirk, they have to get it done considering the landscape.

2daBank

It doesn't matter- if the guy retires top 10 in total passing yards he's going into the HOF. He's going to retire with at least 65,000 which is easily safe top 5, ge might pass a few others if he throws for 4500 per year instead of 4200 average. I understand the passing numbers are watered down, but the longevity and consistently gets rewarded too in HOF

It's like saying Jim Thome isn't a HOFer because everyone hits home runs. Jim Thome is a HOFer just like Babe Ruth is.
    Some scrub who never been considered even the 10th best qb at time he playing aint going to the HOF, fukkin book that shit cause it will never happen!! Insane how big a homer you are.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

MinnesotaFats

I'm not a homer, far from it

I've like Kirk gor a long time

Thought Wash was better than Philly 2 years ago w him

He's going to the HOF. Long list of mediocre QBs going to HOF based on yardage alone...

Bledsoe, Testaverde, Palmer, Manning 2, Rivers, Ryan, Collins, Roethlisberger

I bet 5 of these guys get in alone

MinnesotaFats

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I'm not a homer, far from it

I've like Kirk gor a long time

Thought Wash was better than Philly 2 years ago w him

He's going to the HOF. Long list of mediocre QBs going to HOF based on yardage alone...

Bledsoe, Testaverde, Palmer, Manning 2, Rivers, Ryan, Collins, Roethlisberger

I bet 5 of these guys get in alone
    You are nothing more than a homer. Period! Cousins is nothing more than a talented choke artist. That has been proven throughout his career. Minny will suffer big time on the road. 2-6 is certainly possible and that knocks them out of the Division race. They also open with Atlanta and host Philly. The NFC North is going nowhere after the regular season. The NFC South is certainly more talented and the Eagles are much better than anyone the NFC North has to offer. The Rams and Seattle can also compete with any NFC North team.

jts1207

2 team race with Bears and Vikes.

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

too close to call. if Packers get it together as a team then they win the division. i'll still take Aaron Rodgers over Kirk Cousins anytime when game is on the line. i think it'll come down to Vikings vs Packers for division crown

jts1207

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingKing View Post
    too close to call. if Packers get it together as a team then they win the division. i'll still take Aaron Rodgers over Kirk Cousins anytime when game is on the line. i think it'll come down to Vikings vs Packers for division crown
    Packers wont be close.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    Packers wont be close.
    This

Green Bay is so far beyond competitive it's a joke

It'll take everything Rodgers has to make them 8-8 and he's just so fragile lately....

The coaching change is going to be a disaster

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Skol!

Fade da Bears this season.

MinnesotaFats

Skol!!

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are nothing more than a homer. Period! Cousins is nothing more than a talented choke artist. That has been proven throughout his career. Minny will suffer big time on the road. 2-6 is certainly possible and that knocks them out of the Division race. They also open with Atlanta and host Philly. The NFC North is going nowhere after the regular season. The NFC South is certainly more talented and the Eagles are much better than anyone the NFC North has to offer. The Rams and Seattle can also compete with any NFC North team.
    Learn the game man

You're gonna lose your bankroll betting ATL week 1

WillyBoy
    WillyBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8418

Chicago’s offense would need to slip badly before losing the North, and there’s really no reason to think Trubisky regresses. Similarly, what makes anyone think that last season’s best scoring defense is suddenly going to fold? Packers and Vikes appear to be on roster treadmill – going nowhere fast – and the Lions are - the Lions. The Bears may not go 12-4 again, but should cruise to another division title.

First 123 Last