Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

NFL Sunday Ticket Might be Illegal.

On Tuesday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed dismissal of the case, adopting a different view that the case was akin to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1984 decision in National Collegiate Athletic Association v. Board of Regents, which held that the NCAA had violated antitrust laws by restricting the output of its broadcast games.The plaintiffs are arguing the Sunday Ticket package is exclusive, the report goes on to state. Residential consumers pay more than $250 per year, while rates for commercial businesses, like restaurants and sports bars, range from $2,314 to $120,000 a year.The argument is the rates are excessive, Law.com continues. The consolidated class action alleges the arrangement restricts competition in violation of the federal Sherman Antitrust Act.The overriding alleged issue is the antitrust problem with the Sunday Ticket-and, more broadly, with the NFL combining the broadcasting of games into bundled deals with NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN-is that it precludes individual NFL teams from competing with one another in the broadcasting of games to out-of-town markets, SI.com added in a legal examination of the case.The arguments on sides are deep and steep and this could have a big impact on the way fans are able to watch NFL games if the plaintiffs win their case.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

The worst thing about Sunday Ticket is they make you buy the entire package for $400+ when all I really want is the Red Zone Channel...

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The worst thing about Sunday Ticket is they make you buy the entire package for $400+ when all I really want is the Red Zone Channel...
    That sucks. On MY cable I get Redzone in a sports package that costs about $10/month.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

redzone channel is the best, no commercials

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    redzone channel is the best, no commercials
    Agree.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I haven't tried it myself... but I have read on other satellite forums that DirecTV subscribers have called the retention department and asked for The Red Zone Channel ONLY. Somehow... they turned only that channel on. Might be worth a shot... if you have time to call.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You CAN get the Red Zone only. Just threaten to cancel your subscription. As far as the case is concerned, it will be overturned. Every case the 9th Circut Court of Liberals hears is overturned. They have a worse losing record than the Baltimore Orioles do.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I haven't tried it myself... but I have read on other satellite forums that DirecTV subscribers have called the retention department and asked for The Red Zone Channel ONLY. Somehow... they turned only that channel on. Might be worth a shot... if you have time to call.
    I've heard this too and know a few people who just had redzone because the rest is really is worthless.

Should be able to get Redzone each Sunday on any one of many internet website hacks, though.

That's no pretty reliable but not perfect.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

LOL just buy it on ebay for $20