MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

What are your thoughts on (tennis) retiring in finals?

Serena really did not do the WTA any favors here

Said she was hurt night before....shouldn't that bring up an injury report solution or a draw to hervorior opponent for the final

The stadium had a decent crowd for the Canuck opponent and all those fans wasted their money and their Sunday on the drama queen

I'd feel very cheated and would think the WTA would step in here.... cant remember a male finals surrendered 20 minutes into it???

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

earlier this year on the men's side in the finals b/t john isner and roger federer, fed was up a set and it was tied in set 2 when isner fractured the top of his foot.....

easily could have retired. You could see the pain in his face and his 140 MPH serve was now barely cracking 100, he was only competing and continuing to play b/c it was the finals. Fed of course went on to win and Isner missed 3+ months due to that injury....YET Isner never quit and still finished out of respect of the game/sport

MinnesotaFats

I remember that, it was in March! Yup Isner a fukkin warrior and knew the fans wanted to see Fed for the whole match!

That's a dude who understands the tour is about the tour, not just him

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    earlier this year on the men's side in the finals b/t john isner and roger federer, fed was up a set and it was tied in set 2 when isner fractured the top of his foot.....

easily could have retired. You could see the pain in his face and his 140 MPH serve was now barely cracking 100, he was only competing and continuing to play b/c it was the finals. Fed of course went on to win and Isner missed 3+ months due to that injury....YET Isner never quit and still finished out of respect of the game/sport
    That's a uga product for you

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

My thoughts are that it depends on my bet. That's all really.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Fatsy, do you have a link?

MinnesotaFats

I'm really holding back on posting links

Oppressive heat applied in the forum for no hyperlink

Links posted ONLY if required to make story understood

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

if ur hurt ur hurt whats the use of playing for 2 weeks to make the final and not play unless u really feel ur risking further injury. prob a thing where it was an injury and decided to give it a try but felt too much pain and didnt wanna risk bigger fish to fry, us open in a couple weeks...or the overly generous serena went ahead and forfeited let the hometown girl win the tournament. I remember 2014 at masters cup final roger walking onto the court right before his final against joker saying to crowd sorry he wont be able to play the final, it happens.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-12-19 at 04:34 PM.