Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Mass shootings this year

Only three
    countries
    in the world currently have a constitutional
    right
    to own a gun: the US, Mexico, and Guatemala.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Define mass

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post

Only three
    countries
    in the world currently have a constitutional
    right
    to own a gun: the US, Mexico, and Guatemala.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

The only 3 with enough common sense to understand that bad guys will always find guns regardless so everyone else deserves the right to defend themselves.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Hman your logic is severely flawed...

Guns make all of us less safe

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Hman your logic is severely flawed...

Guns make all of us less safe

Entitled to your opinion but the majority doesn't agree with you.

You honestly don't think criminals will always attain guns no matter what???

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    The only 3 with enough common sense to understand that bad guys will always find guns regardless so everyone else deserves the right to defend themselves.
    Actually a lot of the countries listed above allow you to have guns but with restrictions. You can have shotguns and rifles for hunting or pistols for personal protection. What they don't allow is military style guns that can kill a lot of people in a short time with rapid fire. Trust me if someone breaks into my house I'm grabbing my Glock and my shotgun to confront him. I'm not going to be carrying an AK-47 in a confined space. It's a disadvantage. So if you play by the rules you can have guns in these countries. In the US every idiot regardless of mental capacity can walk into a gun store and buy whatever he wants.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave pavyracer 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Entitled to your opinion but the majority doesn't agree with you.

You honestly don't think criminals will always attain guns no matter what???
    In the short term, sure. Thats a problem we’ve allowed the nra and gun manufacturers to create with the proliferation of guns.

There can be a middle ground both sides can be happy with. Im not saying ban all guns, nor do I think all guns should be accessible to all people.

Right now, we’re a lot closer to the latter and we’re living the consequences

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    In the short term, sure. Thats a problem we’ve allowed the nra and gun manufacturers to create with the proliferation of guns.

There can be a middle ground both sides can be happy with. Im not saying ban all guns, nor do I think all guns should be accessible to all people.

Right now, we’re a lot closer to the latter and we’re living the consequences

I don't even own a gun.

Never have and haven't even evee shot one.

I just believe if I want to purchase one for protection (which I'm considering) that I should have the right when you consider the fact that the bad guys obviously aren't going to abide by any gun laws and will possess then anyhow.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Actually a lot of the countries listed above allow you to have guns but with restrictions. You can have shotguns and rifles for hunting or pistols for personal protection. What they don't allow is military style guns that can kill a lot of people in a short time with rapid fire. Trust me if someone breaks into my house I'm grabbing my Glock and my shotgun to confront him. I'm not going to be carrying an AK-47 in a confined space. It's a disadvantage. So if you play by the rules you can have guns in these countries. In the US every idiot regardless of mental capacity can walk into a gun store and buy whatever he wants.
    Play by the rules? It looks like people aren't killing each other en masse in those countries.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

homogeneity has to be considered

The Kraken

I don't even own a gun.

Never have and haven't even evee shot one.

I just believe if I want to purchase one for protection (which I'm considering) that I should have the right when you consider the fact that the bad guys obviously aren't going to abide by any gun laws and will possess then anyhow.
    I agree, you and I should have access to reasonable guns for protection.

I think a lot of people get scared of the hypothetical slippery slope. But how can we continue to justify our current course?
    I certainly can’t

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It's nothing to do with gun ownership laws

You can get a gun in any country just like you can get drugs or hookers

It's the overbearing, militaristic police presence in America that is the cause of the angst regarding respect for the law. Add to that a certain political party that's existing solely to take away from accomplished white men: their wealth, their income, their manhood, their children (via family courts) and their role as provider and security as a husband (via womens movement and welfare associated with that including affirmative action laws) and you've got the perfect mix of flammable contents.

These acts are horrible and cannot be justified. But if you look at what the modern Democrat party has done to the defined role and position of accomplished white men, and their families, over just 1 generation, it's easy to see the lost souls and confused minds of the 20-40 yr male. Everything he grew up admiring or being taught to do is now illegal or immoral, and he's being replaced by AI at work, by Tinder socially, by the government if he had a kid and since church is suddenly a terrible thing none of these men have a safe outlet to seek solutions from trusted sources.

Add to that the guys getting hammered for taxes on everything, increases for every day necessities and has a 24 hr news cycle about how he's supposed to support free health care for all of central america now, or pay for their schools or forgive a trillion dollars of student loans while he just spent 15 years paying his back and the frustration builds...

This is not the result of gun rights, no...its dar from it. It's the result of too much change, too radical of change, coming too fast for much of the Country. In the last 15 years we have redefined marriage, what man is, what a woman is, what rights we have to insurance and legally allow infanticide in 2 States.

It's too much....and it comes from one side of the aisle exclusively. Middle America does not follow what California politicans want....and these acts are the only way these crazy dudes feel they have a voice, but the scary thing is....there's a hundred more just like them in every town getting just as fed up with the liberals.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ThaTopMoron