Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

They are a shell of the team they had last year

barely playing .500 baseball

yesterdays game was an embarrasment

Time to rebuild? Maybe trade Yelich to the D-Backs for Robbie Ray, Zack Greinke, and a player to be named?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

fukk yes papa (the Dbacks fan in me)

virtual uppercut coming your way (a Brewers fan, probably)

no bro (logic)

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

What? This is baseball, not basketball. You pay the man his money, then build around him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

pitching wins not hitting

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

a) Brewers are only 1/2 game back of the second wildcard, and 2 1/2 games behind the division leading Cubs.
    Brewers are in the thick of a playoff spot race, it’s not like they are buried.

b) Brewers are not making a deal with Arizona, the D-Backs are a game behind them for the second wild card.
    Unlike the Brewers Arizona has no chance of catching the Dodgers and winning their division.

c) You’re proposed deal makes no sense.
    Milwaukee’s starting pitching is ok with Davies who’s having a monster year 7-2 2.89 ERA, and Woodruff 10-3
    3.67 ERA and Chase Anderson who’s ok. The problem there is Chacin. Milwaukee doesn’t need pitching help, plus Ray is a .500 career pitcher, who’s 7-6 this year with a crappy WH/IP and leads the league in walks. Ray is a one trick pony he’s a strike out artist beyond that he’s a mediocre starter at best.
    And Arizona is not parting with Grienke who’s having a Cy Young type season at 10-4 2.94 ERA and a stellar WH/IP of 0.95 second best in the NL.

Arizona’s hitting is ok, by trading Greinke you’re going to cripple that staff, they’re a little better than league average with him. Conversely by trading the leagues best hitter in Yelich you’re going to severely weaken that lineup that’s barely average this season. Brewers lead the league in homers only and if you take away Yelich’s 32 they become average in the homer department.
    Brewers aren’t trading Yelich, they don’t need Ray and Arizona is not dealing Grienke especially when they have a legit shot at the playoffs as a Wild Card.
    Not to mention you don’t trade a star everyday player for a star pitcher who plays every 5 days.

Come on man!

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Big bear once again proves hes dumber than a rock.
    Next dumb thread will be by Seaweed with something like that:
    How many times can you to jerk off a day?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

You dont trade MVPs if you're in a division that can be won with 88-92 wins.

His WAR alone is good for 10% edge

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Big bear once again proves hes dumber than a rock.
    Next dumb thread will be by Seaweed with something like that:
    How many times can you to jerk off a day?
    my friend told me he jerked off twice on saturday

to be honest I was really mad at the Brewers yesterday for losing to the Giants that cost me a $5,400 parlay

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    pitching wins not hitting
    Can’t win if you don’t score. See the cardinals who have lost a bunch of games where their starter gave up 1-2 runs before the break.

2daBank

Fukk no you don’t trade yelich. This really doesn’t even deserve a response. They right in middle of the race. All that team needs is some starting pitching.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their pitching is trash, I'm on Cubs to win the division, their starting pitching is a shit show, team is too dependent on home runs too, they have the talent too contend if they add some guys who hit for average and bring in a couple starters but they thought the bullpen could carry the team, its not as good last year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Their pitching is trash, I'm on Cubs to win the division, their starting pitching is a shit show, team is too dependent on home runs too, they have the talent too contend if they add some guys who hit for average and bring in a couple starters but they thought the bullpen could carry the team, its not as good last year.
    Seems like teams that rely so heavily on their pen usually have a fall off the next season. Pen still decent (top 10 in ops allowed but era isn’t good) but certainly not dominate like they were last year. W that rotation they have to have a dominate pen to have any chance. They really only have one or 2 starters I would feel good about having in my starting 5.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Milwaukee and every one else in that Division runs hot and cold. The Cubs have the best talent and will probably win out. St Louis is about as close to a .500 team has you can get. They have outscored their opponents 404-399. Cincinnati is the team to make money on in the NL Central. 6 games below .500 yet they have a run differential of +33. That is tied for 5th in the NL.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Milwaukee and every one else in that Division runs hot and cold. The Cubs have the best talent and will probably win out. St Louis is about as close to a .500 team has you can get. They have outscored their opponents 404-399. Cincinnati is the team to make money on in the NL Central. 6 games below .500 yet they have a run differential of +33. That is tied for 5th in the NL.
    If reds didn’t get off to such a miserable start they prob be leading the div. I assume they have a pretty solid record since May. I made a small reds future play during the asb.