MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Legacy Match Nadal vs Fed

This match is huge for fed he can't lose another big match to rafa especially on grass, who will be favorite?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Cmon bro. Feds legacy already cemented, losing at the tail end of his career not changing anything.

MiDNiTe

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cmon bro. Feds legacy already cemented, losing at the tail end of his career not changing anything.
    I agree with you it shouldn't but at the end of the day minority of people are going to sprout out the numbers

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

this would be entartaining do not takes those games for granted . we are on the tail end for sure

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    I agree with you it shouldn't but at the end of the day minority of people are going to sprout out the numbers
    You Prob right but they retarded. Fed obviously one of the greatest.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Have to agree here. Big 3 runs circles against everyone else but age isn't on Federer's side... He might still beat Nadal, but it has to be in straight sets -- which isn't happening.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nadal closing in on Fed

Of course his legacy on line

Fed does not have a lot of major wins against the greats

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Fed 20 slams (11 on concrete)
    Rafa 18 slams (12 at French)

If Rafa adds another Non-French slam to get to 19 slams, we MUST begin thinking and discussing the H2H record between them.

Rafa holds the edge as we speak at 24-15

Rafa is also 9-2 at Slam venues vs Fed and two of the 9 wins are at Wimbledon and Aussie so it is not just the French.

One more Non-French for Rafa, and we have a conversation My Friends

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Fed 20 slams (11 on concrete)
    Rafa 18 slams (12 at French)

If Rafa adds another Non-French slam to get to 19 slams, we MUST begin thinking and discussing the H2H record between them.

Rafa holds the edge as we speak at 24-15

Rafa is also 9-2 at Slam venues vs Fed and two of the 9 wins are at Wimbledon and Aussie so it is not just the French.

One more Non-French for Rafa, and we have a conversation My Friends
    I’ll always use the fact Fed 4 years older against the h2h record. I’ll never call Rafa more than the best on clay.

jjgold

Age means nothing Federer’s at the top of his game still and will be favored he is supposed to win on Friday

He has the most wins on tour this year let’s stop the crap that he’s old

MiDNiTe

See bank already people talking about the numbers it's not fair but it is what it is, this match is huge for so many reasons

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The slower court helps Nadal. It’s not as fast as in years past.

homie1975

I’ll always use the fact Fed 4 years older against the h2h record. I’ll never call Rafa more than the best on clay.
    2008 wimbledon Fed was a month shy of age 27 and Rafa was 22

2009 Aussie Fed was 27 and Rafa 22

Rafa won both times. both in their primes.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The slower court helps Nadal. It’s not as fast as in years past.
    it still plays fast enough compared to the other surfaces that Rafa has not made a Final there since 2011 and has lost 5 times in the 4th rd or earlier there since 2011

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Age means nothing Federer’s at the top of his game still and will be favored he is supposed to win on Friday

He has the most wins on tour this year let’s stop the crap that he’s old
    Rafa will be favored on Friday, Coach

t-wizzle

Federer has owned Nadal in recent years on non-clay surfaces but books clearly like Rafa here.

2daBank

2008 wimbledon Fed was a month shy of age 27 and Rafa was 22

2009 Aussie Fed was 27 and Rafa 22

Rafa won both times. both in their primes.
    I’m starting to look and maybe you have a more compelling case than I’d have thought but still give Fed the nod and maybe it somewhat because I don’t like clay court tennis, lol. Take away the 6-0 at French and the H2h in slams is 4-3 nadal and 18-15 overall.

homie1975

I’m starting to look and maybe you have a more compelling case than I’d have thought but still give Fed the nod and maybe it somewhat because I don’t like clay court tennis, lol. Take away the 6-0 at French and the H2h in slams is 4-3 nadal and 18-15 overall.
    Banker
    Slams is 10-3 total right now for Rafa?

2daBank

Banker
    Slams is 10-3 total right now for Rafa?
    Yea counting the 6-0 at French. . It 4-3 Rafa everywhere else. Fair or not I disregard clay! lol

Still give nadal credit for winning all those French slams but far as H2H don’t care he dominates on that bs surface. Stupid French! Lol

homie1975

Yea counting the 6-0 at French. . It 4-3 Rafa everywhere else. Fair or not I disregard clay! lol

Still give nadal credit for winning all those French slams but far as H2H don’t care he dominates on that bs surface. Stupid French! Lol
    do note that Rafa has 12 of his 18 slams on clay and that is 66.7%

Fed has 11 of his 20 slams on concrete and that is 55%

if rafa wins another Non French, then only 63% of his slam wins are on clay and it gets closer and closer to Fed's count on concrete.

just because most of us never grew up playing on clay, it does not make it a BS surface Bro!

some could call grass a BS surface because of the following champions at Wimbledon:

- Hewitt
    - Krajicek
    - Stich
    - Cash

those cats did not win much of anything anywhere else in terms of slams so what does that tell you?

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care Federer is definetly a better all-time player than Nadal, Nadal has never been anywhere near Federer's level on any surface except clay, Federer is older than Nadal and that's why the head to head is in Nadal's favor, when both were in their prime Federer was the better player, and it wasn't really close.

The head to head matchups mean nothing to me coming in to this match because they hadn't played since 2017 before nadal rolled Federer on Clay. Federer isn't the same player he was in 2017, Nadal is young and in better form, even though he's never been great on grass. I'd lean Nadal here, Federer has had a very easy path here.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care Federer is definetly a better all-time player than Nadal, Nadal has never been anywhere near Federer's level on any surface except clay, Federer is older than Nadal and that's why the head to head is in Nadal's favor, when both were in their prime Federer was the better player, and it wasn't really close.

The head to head matchups mean nothing to me coming in to this match because they hadn't played since 2017 before nadal rolled Federer on Clay. Federer isn't the same player he was in 2017, Nadal is young and in better form, even though he's never been great on grass. I'd lean Nadal here, Federer has had a very easy path here.
    so you dismiss the 08 wimby final and 09 aussie final when fed was only 27 yrs young and CLEARLY in his prime but Rafa beat him?

you must be a hater

2daBank

if rafa wins another Non French, then only 63% of his slam wins are on clay and it gets closer and closer to Fed's count on concrete.

just because most of us never grew up playing on clay, it does not make it a BS surface Bro!

some could call grass a BS surface because of the following champions at Wimbledon:

- Hewitt
    - Krajicek
    - Stich
    - Cash

those cats did not win much of anything anywhere else in terms of slams so what does that tell you?
    Terrible argument far as who has won. There a whole gang of suspect players that never won anywhere else except on clay. I didn’t say it was right that I discount French to a degree it just the way I feel about it. Most didn’t grow up playing on clay which why I don’t think it a good representation of who is best at the sport overall, mostly favors ppl who did grow up playing on it.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

- Hewitt
    - Krajicek
    - Stich
    - Cash

Hewitt not really a good example there IMO. He has 2 hard court GS titles if I'm not mistaken and the other 3 are serve and volleyers which plays well on grass.

That Hewitt was able to win Wimbledon despite not possessing a big serve I think speaks well on him and his career.

jjgold

Nadal been In five Wimbleton finals he’s a great Grass Court player and got beat by all legends

Fed was a higher seed this is a critical match for him in his career

t-wizzle

- Hewitt
    - Krajicek
    - Stich
    - Cash

Lol what in God’s name is this argument. “55% on concrete” .... ok??? And?? He’s got 20 slams and he’s spread them out pretty evenly between grass and hardcourt. Obviously only has the one clay slam because that’s Rafa’s surface.

Nadal’s nonclay record doesn’t sniff Federer’s. Between Slam wins and advancing deep consistently, it’s not even close who has the better resumé — Federer.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Hewitt not really a good example there IMO. He has 2 hard court GS titles if I'm not mistaken and the other 3 are serve and volleyers which plays well on grass.

That Hewitt was able to win Wimbledon despite not possessing a big serve I think speaks well on him and his career.
    hewitt only one other slam outside of Wimby. he finished with 2 total

homie1975

[QUOTE=t-wizzle;28755236]Lol what in God’s name is this argument. “55% on concrete” .... ok??? And?? He’s got 20 slams and he’s spread them out pretty evenly between grass and hardcourt. Obviously only has the one clay slam because that’s Rafa’s surface.

Nadal’s nonclay record doesn’t sniff Federer’s. Between Slam wins and advancing deep consistently, it’s not even close who has the better resumé — Federer.[/QUOTE]
    that can change before all is said and done.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Federer benefited by being a few years older than Nadal and Djokovic. If their careers were exactly concurrent, then I doubt Federer would have the most slams and still probably won't when all is said and done.

Another argument for Nadal is that he has beaten Federer in a grand slam on grass and on hard court. Federer has never beaten Nadal at the French.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care Federer looks like he's likely slightly overvalued, his matches have been very easy except for his last one against Nishikori, who is good not great, and he has only beaten one top 5 player this year. Nadal is younger and in better form even though Federer has been the better player on grass in his career. The longer the match goes the more of an advantage for Nadal it is too because of endurance.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Is it crazy to think that the best 3 players in the world right now might be the best 3 players of all time? Fed, joker and a roided up Nadal

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Really is a bigger match for Rafa than Fed. If Rafa wins, he will have proven young and old he can beat Fed on his best surface. It won’t just be “He is better than Fed on clay.” You could say he’s better head to head in majors, too.

Of course in the end, Djoker May be the one standing with the most majors. I do think Novak will win wimbledon and US Open and prolly the Aussie to tie Nadal. I think right now he is better than both Fed and Nadal by a bit.

jjgold

time will tell

should be a good match

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Nadal on more roids than LeBron, if fed beats him Nadal legacy is over

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

Watched the other day last year match nadal vs djokovic..insane tennis...fed has a shot since he is playing great as well.. But at the end of the day I think Djoker takes this.. he is upping his level each match and he plays as much as he needs it..Great finish to the tournament regardless..

1234 Last